Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Longer Time Lapse intervals
7807 12 2019-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Keuwan
New
Sweden

Hi, I'd like to take a month's time-lapse plants grow video, and am using an Osmo Action. I plan to power this set-up externally and leave it running for weeks. From reading the camera instructions it appears the longest interval between shots is 30 seconds.
1. Is there any other option/way to have a longer interval, such as 30 minutes or 1 hour?
2. If so, what shooting parameters will still be accessible, or limited? Eg. RAW?
Thanks

2019-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. You can check the option of the DJI Osmo Action under interval settings for you to change the interval and duration when shooting timelapse. Swipe from the bottom going up and go to Video-Timelapse. You may refer to the image below. Also, the available format that Osmo Action support would be JPEG and RAW+JPEG. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!

2019-12-21
Use props
Keuwan
New
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 14:25
Hi, thank you for reaching out. You can check the option of the DJI Osmo Action under interval settings for you to change the interval and duration when shooting timelapse. Swipe from the bottom going up and go to Video-Timelapse. You may refer to the image below. Also, the available format that Osmo Action support would be JPEG and RAW+JPEG. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!

[view_image]

Hi,

Yes, I refer to to the setting in the image, however, I want to set 30minutes or 1hour as an interval setting. The setting in the image only allows us to set 30seconds as maximum interval, as I want to make a plants grow timelapse over a month, 30s interval is way to fast.
2019-12-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Keuwan Posted at 12-22 02:22
Hi,

Yes, I refer to to the setting in the image, however, I want to set 30minutes or 1hour as an interval setting. The setting in the image only allows us to set 30seconds as maximum interval, as I want to make a plants grow timelapse over a month, 30s interval is way to fast.

Hi, thank you for your response. As of the moment, we only have the interval time stated on the screenshot and we don't have the 30min or 1hour interval settings. However, I will take this as a suggestion and will forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-22
Use props
Sunhands
New

Australia

Hi, just wondering if the longer time-lapse interval was ever implemented?
2021-9-15
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Sunhands Posted at 9-15 02:23
Hi, just wondering if the longer time-lapse interval was ever implemented?

No.  You must watch for updates per DJI, was it 30 Sec  tops.
2021-9-15
Use props
webzi
lvl.1
Germany

Agree! Change the update intervall for timelapses on action cams please to 30 minutes or 60 minutes. The usecase is too small with 30 seconds only.
2022-8-23
Use props
Maioli
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi, I'm working on a time lapse project for a civil construction. Would be possible to shot pictures for a long term (2 or 3 yers) with a Osmo Action? I am planning shot pictures in 10min intervals for this project, with 5 camras. May DJI help me with this, maybe offering new features on a new firmware?
- AC power
- custom interval
- wifi/app (time - week days) settings
Thanks in advance. Regards.
2023-2-3
Use props
djiuser_LfIPKDUZvS9w
New

France

hello,

I bought osmo action 4 to make long timelapse, but this camera haven't the possibility to choose longer interval than 40 seconds too..

there is still no firware avilable to set 30 60 or 120 minutes interval ?
2023-12-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_LfIPKDUZvS9w Posted at 12-12 08:06
hello,

I bought osmo action 4 to make long timelapse, but this camera haven't the possibility to choose longer interval than 40 seconds too..

Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. When using the Timelapse feature on your DJI Osmo Action 4, the interval can only be set to 0.5s/1s/2s/3s/4s/5s/6s/7s/8s/10s/13s/15s/20s/25s/30s/40s. We will gather this concern of yours as a suggestion and will forward it to our engineers for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2023-12-12
Use props
MarcusOliveira
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-12 23:38
Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. When using the Timelapse feature on your DJI Osmo Action 4, the interval can only be set to 0.5s/1s/2s/3s/4s/5s/6s/7s/8s/10s/13s/15s/20s/25s/30s/40s. We will gather this concern of yours as a suggestion and will forward it to our engineers for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I'm also working with a civil construction and would like to use my Action 3, but with these limits is very difficult
Please, help us with long term intervals
That's the first thing that I had to complain about this camera
Otherwise, I'd have to buy a gp12
2023-12-14
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

It would be obvious to be able to choose whatever interval and duration.
And why not implement a calendar.
2023-12-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MarcusOliveira Posted at 12-14 06:43
I'm also working with a civil construction and would like to use my Action 3, but with these limits is very difficult
Please, help us with long term intervals
That's the first thing that I had to complain about this camera

Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured that this suggestion will be recorded. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules