1936 4 2019-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattjuk47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38399 ft

United Kingdom

Hi All,
Yesterday i was flying in damp conditions, i did my shoot and at the end of shoot i noticed a couple of the batteries had got damp, anyway i put them in phantom and flew fine, after i landed and started to pack away i removed the battery and noticed the water detection sticker had got red marks around the edge, will this mean i have voided any chance of a service as DJI will think it has been submerged in water when it hasnt.

Matt
2019-12-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I did a google.  My guess is that DJI will believe the red around the edges as shown in your vid is from humidity rather than being dunked in the water - because this page in the link below shows examples of what a sticker would look like if it was submerged...

https://www.novavisioninc.com/pa ... EAMYASAAEgJyHvD_BwE

Good luck
2019-12-21
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't know the answer, but it's interesting to know it has that sticker, Iv'e just checked mine, also 2nd hand and looks fine.
2019-12-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

If second hand and not bought as refurb from DJI ... if its age is outside warranty period ... surely its not an issue ?

But as others mention - because the sticker is not fully red - it would likely not be taken as submerged.

I just had a look at my old 'naffed' P3S that did get fully submerged and that sticker is 100% red ....  no mistaking it.
2019-12-22
Use props
mattjuk47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38399 ft

United Kingdom

Awesome, thanks for the info folks,its put my mind at rest..
Hope you are all enjoying holiday season.
Let's hope 2020 is a better year for flying with all laws coming in to force, here in UK
2019-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules