Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3 Prop balancing .....
1068 10 2019-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

Just for those who haven't seen the rod and bush balancing that ODay and Dubro provide for P3 Props :
ODay which is same design as Dubro has a spindle ... a smooth brass ferrule and silicon tube ... the combo is a snug fit into the P3 prop and balances perfectly. Its designed so the rod can turn in the stand as well as the smooth bush turn on the rod ...

Sorry about the poor lighting and slightly out of frame - but its a quickie vid just to show the ODay / Dubro system ...

2019-12-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day solentlife. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video you have created. Great video and thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-22
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Czechia

The thread is not to lecture or say its the only way - of course not and please anyone who has successful balance method - please post.

The other 'free' method of course is the 'needle' point. The only drawback with this - is when a prop has strange shape blades and it falls to one side.

Basically you take a pointed rod such as a knitting needle, cross point screwdriver, nail and have it pointing up vertically. Place prop on the point so that hub centres on the point. The heavy blade will immediately tilt down.
2019-12-23
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

I built 2 of them at zero costs! Even if (luckily) there isn’t so much need to use them!
2019-12-25
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

I have played around with making some. I got my straight rods from computer drives. I have plenty of drives, I don't throw much away. The round disks made beautiful wind chimes. Also an aid to scare deer from the garden. The rods are both magnetic and non magnetic. I tried making one that was magnetic. One point of contact. I didn't like the results for my P4 props.

I like to measure the vibration on each motor. I load a free app on my phone for checking vibrations. I touch the arm near the motor at the same place on the quad. I check it without props and with props. Replacing the props to lower vibrations works well.  
2019-12-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

rod on a glass aint too bad, but i ended up getting the same as yours
2019-12-25
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Czechia

Bashy Posted at 12-25 19:02
rod on a glass aint too bad, but i ended up getting the same as yours

Many people say that the Dubro / ODay needs to be perfectly level ... not true.

As long as its reasonably flat level surface such a s bench or table - you're fine. There's no need to start checking exact level. Its part of the reason they use the discs to support under and over the rod.
2019-12-26
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

I made 2 experiments, one til like the original balanced but this one is more accurate as DIY..simple as that!
CD0B4C7A-8319-42D6-95EF-0EE2B14B727D.jpeg
2019-12-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

solentlife Posted at 2019-12-26 02:25
Many people say that the Dubro / ODay needs to be perfectly level ... not true.

As long as its reasonably flat level surface such a s bench or table - you're fine. There's no need to start checking exact level. Its part of the reason they use the discs to support under and over the rod.

if its not level, it roll on its own
2020-1-3
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Czechia

Bashy Posted at 1-3 23:35
if its not level, it roll on its own

Sorry do not understand what you mean by that ...

The Oday / Dubro balancer uses the twin disc system to get around having perfectly level requirement.  As long as the unit is within reasonable level setup, a few degrees either way - its fine ... of course if you tilt at 20 degrees or so - it will not work.
2020-1-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I meant, if its not level, it will roll on its own, but as youve  now clarified how level you meant, my reply is moot  now anyway lol
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules