RMS1 cannot establish wifi connection via router
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans77585577
lvl.2
Flight distance : 872533 ft
Finland

Hi Guys,

I got my RMS1 on Friday, and first everything was fine. I installed the app on my iPhone, and let it upgrade the firmware to the latest (1.08 at this moment I believe). Everything went smoothly, and soon I was driving around and blasting the cannon with my kids. Good fun! After a little while I installed the MacOS app and started going through the Scratch tutorials.

The next day I powered the unit again, and tried to reconnect to my wifi via a router. I can scan the QR code without any problems, and the robot starts to repeat Connecting, Connecting. It never does, unfortunately. I have tried everything from resetting the wifi - both in robot and my router and AP - tried to connect to physically different APs atc. When switching to the built-in AP a connection is established, but the coverage is absolutely horrendous, just a couple of meters before the connection starts to break and is lost.

Do these symptoms ring any bells? I sent a message to the DJI support, but based on my experience with the support for their drones I'm not expecting much.

Cheers,
Antti
2019-12-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to use a different router for us to further isolate the problem? There are some routers that are not supported by the Robomaster S1. Also, Robomaster S1 has no country code and can only support a 2.4 GHz frequency band. Therefore, you can try to connect first to the Wi-Fi to obtain the country code and determine whether a 5.8GHz frequency band can be used. If yes, the connection will be successful. If not. You must try to use a 2.4Ghz router. In addition, make sure that the number of devices connected to the router doesn’t reach the maximum value. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules