Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Intermittent jello-like camera shake
848 6 2019-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2632073 ft
Japan

Hi,

I'm now a fairly experienced drone flyer having completed hundreds of kilometres of flight  with the Spark, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic Air and now an Arctic White Mavic Pro.

I bought the Arctic White Mavic Pro fairly recently and am now travelling in Japan with it.
I have come across a persistent problem which I have never encountered with the other three DJI drones that I have flown.
The problem is a brief, intermittent jello-like camera shake, which happens at random moments, several times during every 20 minute flight.

I have checked the gimbal mounts and all seems to be OK there.

I have calibrated the gimbal, IMU and compass and have the latest firmware.

I am an experienced flyer and think that I have addressed all the relevant hardware & software issues.

Here is a YouTube of a flight from this afternoon which was flown in P mode in reasonable flying conditions:

You can see that the video footage is perfectly smooth and then at 14 seconds there is that brief jello-like camera shake.

Has anyone here had a similar problem?

Is there a simple solution or will I need to return the Mavic Pro to DJI for repair?

Cheers

David

2019-12-22
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Occasionally have had this camera judder when the gimbal has been compensating for a relatively strong wind and then corrects/centres when it refocuses.
2019-12-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Did you already try to fly in a different location without any possible wind to see if there would be some changes? Also, since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-12-22
Use props
FlyingD
lvl.3
Japan

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-22 14:06
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Did you already try to fly in a different location without any possible wind to see if there would be some changes? Also, since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply - I'm currently travelling in a remote part of Okinawa and have limited internet access.

Yes I have flown several times here in calm conditions and still get the jello-like camera shake happening several times during each flight. It's a shame as it's spoiling a lot of the footage I'm taking over here.
I return to London in mid-January, once there I'll return it for repair.

Thanks for your help

David
2019-12-26
Use props
Micato
Captain
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hello,

I had the same problem with my MP1 but I knew that is has been crashed when I was buying it.

I have changed refurbished camera and then gibal motors but problem was not solved.

At the and I bought  brand new gimbal with gimbal board for 220$ and changed it myself and now is all fine.

Winds and drone breaking when you release your stick (from 100% to 0%)  provoked this issue for me.

Good luck and Marry X-mas !
2019-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FlyingD Posted at 12-26 07:54
Hi,

Sorry for my late reply - I'm currently travelling in a remote part of Okinawa and have limited internet access.

You're welcome FlyingD. Please let us know if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-26
Use props
FlyingD
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Micato,

Sorry for my late reply - I've been travelling in fairly remote places with limited access to the internet.

Very interesting that you have also had similar problems and that it was solved by replacing the Gimbal & Gimbal Board.

I have had my Mavic Pro from new and it has never been crashed.
I've just returned home from my travels and have just looked at video from the its first flight back in August and the intermittent jello-like camera shake was present then.
So the fault has been there from the beginning.

I will now contact DJI Service Department to have it repaired.
Guess it will need a new Gimbal & Gimbal Board as was your experience.

All the best

David
2020-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules