New P3 Battery at Best Buy
1145 4 2019-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I read in a thread a few days ago that Best Buy was selling new P3 batteries for $75.99 each.  I can't find the thread right now so I'm starting a new one.  From that post, I bought a couple - one shipped to me from the warehouse and another I picked up directly at the nearest store.  I've received both.  I just wanted to post that they are legit DJI batteries in a sealed white DJI retail box.  There is the usual DJI retail sticker on the box with 3 different bar codes (S/N, EAN, and UPC).  Inside the box is the battery and the usual DJI paperwork re safety, FCC compliance, etc.   There is a bar code sticker on the bottom of the battery as expected which matches the bar code on the retail box.  The only thing missing was the clear sticker that usually runs across the lights with instructions on how to turn the battery on.  The lamps are very bright green lamps as expected with a legit DJI battery. Each of the two batteries lit up with one solid lamp when checked which indicates a 12.5 - 25% charge.  I charged the first one up successfully.  I checked it in my P3P and Go app.  The cells are balanced within 10 mv.  The battery reported via the Go app that it had a total of zero cycles to date and it had a Total Capacity of 4607 mAh (this is good news since a P3 battery is only a 4480 mAh battery).  

The battery looks like this:  https://phantompilots.com/attachments/img_8970-jpg.58744/

Merry Christmas.  

2019-12-22
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

That sounds great!  I had five original batteries, but one of them is starting to swell up a bit.  I can get it into my P3 Standard but not he Pro.  I don't trust it in the Pro.
2019-12-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mark The Droner. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. These information will be a very big help to all our DJI Phantom 3 co pilots. Merry Christmas. .
2019-12-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

djordan2 Posted at 12-22 07:43
That sounds great!  I had five original batteries, but one of them is starting to swell up a bit.  I can get it into my P3 Standard but not he Pro.  I don't trust it in the Pro.

You should be wary of swollen batteries as in my experience, they tend to want to go to critical auto-land very early (e.g. 29%) without warning.   And then as you land, the power starts dropping like a stone and you're lucky to land it (e.g. 7%).

For me, it's not necessarily how many batteries I have, it's "Do I have one that will fly for max time?"  For that reason, I like to always have at least one new one or one almost new one.  
2019-12-22
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Thanks Mark !!
2019-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now