There's a VIRUS(TROJAN)IN the Simulator Software?!!
1043 1 2019-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneBandit
lvl.1
United States

Oh YES, there is!
It's been raining for 3 days straight w/sustained winds 15-25kts prior for wk & been "jones-ing" for some flight time, also falling behind on work projects. & had been reading about the "simulator" for months & months. Figured, ok, let's check it out. All the Christmas packages are wrapped & the vehicle gets packed in the morning. So I come here, figure the enterprise version can be ordered tomorrow, & get a sample w/the free downloadable version tonight....
After downloading, & preparing to use (don't have an I1, figured the I2 Remote would probably do fine....
Never got that far; a rather rudimemetary anti-virus software program (webroot Secure Anywhere) kicked out:
"Threat Detected"
W32.Trojan.TR.Crypt.ZPACK
c:\program files (x86)\dji flight simulator\dji_fs.exe

Tried to upload picture & screenshot to no avail.

Thankfully I NEVER select "Always Trust Downloads from this site" & YES, it WAS at THIS DJI Site, not some remote downloading mirror site.
So now I go Uninstall, & For those who've already downloaded, perhaps You should update & run Your anti-virus software to confirm Your computer hasn't already been hi-jacked by folks who may well not have Your financial or other personal/business best interests at heart?
Next I guess we ask (kind of like battery updates that kill deader than a hammer, 4 BRAND NEW TB50's at a fmr cost of $160. ea.+ S&H for which there was ZERO offer for compensation, from the same folks who've apparently Either been Responsible For this Virus, OR so inept as to NOT EVEN KNOW it's IN their Download) HOW this happened (which likely won't be answered) & How Long it will be before this will be fixed & when (or if)?
Suggestions, Anybody?

2019-12-22
Use props
cece0
lvl.1

United States

I would scan it with a less "rudimentary" anti-virus software program, just to double check, since even the best are known for throwing out false alerts at times.  It is pretty unlikely that this packet is loaded with a virus, especially since no one else has triggered an alarm.  And yes, I do double screen anything I put on my machine.  My download from here tonight was clean (12/24/2019)  That doesn't mean it worked for me, just that it isn't a virus  ;)
2019-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules