Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
osmo action video download issue
5155 9 2019-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruskie
New

United Kingdom

Hi there Everyone,
Just bought osmo action.  Wow, super stuff.
My issue is this:  My son took videos of his skiing.  The stabilization feature is brilliant.
We can watch on playback (on the camera).  And they're brilliant, - but the videos will not dowload properly onto either iphone 8 or laptop (mac air).
Videos are stuttery and incomplete.  I have a 16gig sd.  

Any tips anyone?  I'm not at all tec, so simple kiddie type help would be fantastic please.

Many thanks all,

Ruskie
2019-12-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

So the vid plays perfect on the OA, but once Dl to your Iphon it  stutters.  so you think teh video is an issue or the file or the phone?
2019-12-23
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

How are you moving/copying the files to your phone/computer?  Cable to camera or using a card reader after removing the card?

Also, as an experiment, can you try using a different computer from a friend/relative?  Also try another video playback program or app on your devices.  I have also read that some older devices don't have the horsepower to show videos taken at the very highest resolution or frame rates.
2019-12-23
Use props
ruskie
New

United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 12-23 06:52
How are you moving/copying the files to your phone/computer?  Cable to camera or using a card reader after removing the card?

Also, as an experiment, can you try using a different computer from a friend/relative?  Also try another video playback program or app on your devices.  I have also read that some older devices don't have the horsepower to show videos taken at the very highest resolution or frame rates.

Hi there ,
Thank you very much for the reply.

We have tried moving the videos with a cable.  And the videos stutter and freeze.
We then tried by removing the sd card and using a card reader.  the result is the same.

Both times onto a MacBook air into "iPhoto".

I'm a bit stuck.  

Any other tips?

Many thanks indeed

2019-12-26
Use props
peiter
First Officer
Denmark

If you have copied the video to the phone/tablet /computer before playback and it stutter, then i think it can only be a issue on the playback devise, so make sure to dump what ever run in the background, and maybe try another player.
I would also like to say maybe missing codec, but really that should be there on a fancy smancy fruit devise.

I can play 4K/60 files from the memory card in my card reader ( USB 3.0 ) and it run just fine, but in general it is not recommended to use cameras in mass storage mode and play from them, transfer speeds are also often very slow from such a devise, i have often seen on other cameras 10 - 15 MB/s speeds when the memory card in the reader can do 90 MB/s

I have not tried to move footage to my phone, i do not like to touch that too often as i feel i die inside every time i touch it

2019-12-26
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Try rename the extension of the file. From .mov to .mp4 then test
2019-12-26
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

sys requirements plays a toll. codecs, as well sinc the bitrate is also prt of the play.   that is the issue.
2019-12-26
Use props
tushs8
New

India

I bought osmo action and I am not able to download any 4K videos using DJI Mimo app. it asks to transcode in 1080 p. Please help

What a shame I can’t even download 4K 60 video file from the app to I phone. I am very disappointed and I don’t want to convert my file into a 1080 file formatted using transcoding which is not good quality at all. Please advise me as I edit straight out of my I phone 11 pro.

This app shall support the download of 4k60 video on my I phone straight away.

Please help ASAP.
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_Z3LGdNP7Ailg
New

Vietnam

The video should go throught dji editor first then from there export it to your mobile.. thought it will crop 5 minutes short film.
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_Z3LGdNP7Ailg
New

Vietnam

I hope dji osmo will fix our problem..dont tell us  that it is because the osmo 2 is out you will forget us.. please fix our problem.. the downloading time. The video quality and the googleplay problem.. update us please dji
2021-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules