26670 72 2019-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Hey guys,
Is it possible to disable the low battery beeping from the Mini's RC? Considering it starts at 20% and the Mini's 30-minutes flight time, that amounts to a wopping 6 minutes of beeping if you really wanna fly it all the way down to 0. I obviously don't usually do that, but I was taking some action shots yesterday of my son riding his hoverboard on the road in front of my house (private road, closed to traffic) and it was really annoying to have that constant loud beeping for 4-5 minutes. Since the drone was never farther away from me than 50m and always above our private property, I really didn't care if at any point it would decide that "ok, enough, I'm landing now". So, is it possible to turn off the beeping?
2019-12-23
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

That was often the topic here. I had already complained that I can only fly 22 minutes because the last 6 minutes are impossible because of this s**t beep. I think like so many concerns, this has also been forwarded to the "department". We'll see if this sound torture can be stopped.
2019-12-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your insights. With regards to the notification alert or beeping sound when the battery is low. I am sorry to say that this feature cannot be disabled for safety purposes and for your to be notified that the battery is low. Thank you.
2019-12-23
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-23 09:07
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your insights. With regards to the notification alert or beeping sound when the battery is low. I am sorry to say that this feature cannot be disabled for safety purposes and for your to be notified that the battery is low. Thank you.

Maybe raise this with your product decisions department. It really does feel like simply annoying the pilot with a constant beep is not helping anyone. Beeping once every 10s for instance would be more than enough.
2019-12-23
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

I think It should be like this; when you reach 20%, the controller should beep like 10 times and stops. When it is below 15% again beeps for 10 more times. When below 10% again 10 beeps, if below 5% should be constant beeping because it is very critical. Even in the commercial airplanes when a warning comes up, pilot is able to press it and silence it. Because after a time it really distracts the pilot and makes pilot more stressed and anxious.
2019-12-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thankfully there is a way to shut this annoyance off. Quick push on RC power button should do (at least it does for my Mavic 2 Pro). Of course this trick will not fill up your gas tank, land ASAP ...
2019-12-23
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Gonna try that tomorrow, that’d be great!
2019-12-23
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Perhaps this works with other drones/controllers, not with the mini. Cutting the speaker cable is probably the only option for me, if the next firmware updates do not bring any improvement.
2019-12-23
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

It is for safety reasons but DJI can make  the sound more silent and a beep every five seconds
2019-12-23
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Niknik Posted at 12-23 17:24
It is for safety reasons but DJI can make  the sound more silent and a beep every five seconds

I understand the safety aspect of it but to be honest, I think it kinda backfires for two reasons:
- it's a very loud, obnoxious sound. It creates anxiety and, if you're in a bit of a hairy situation, it will just add to the pilot's stress level. None of this spells safety.
- it starts way to early. As I said before, 20% on a 30-min flight time drone is 6 minutes, which is huge. Especially since it doesn't care about the distance the drone it's at. To have 6 minutes remaining with the drone at 50m and to blast the pilot with that loud constant beeping is insane. It will either stress you out or you're just gonna learn to ignore it. Neither are good options.
2019-12-24
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 12-23 13:06
Thankfully there is a way to shut this annoyance off. Quick push on RC power button should do (at least it does for my Mavic 2 Pro). Of course this trick will not fill up your gas tank, land ASAP ...

That does not work on the Mavic Mini; one of the first tests I did....  Will check if you can amend the battery level when the alarm sounds like you can on the Pro and 2 Pro.

Ian
2019-12-24
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

The only plausible explanation is, that the engineer, who was supposed to "develop" the sound, is hard of hearing.
2019-12-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ian in London Posted at 12-24 00:42
That does not work on the Mavic Mini; one of the first tests I did....  Will check if you can amend the battery level when the alarm sounds like you can on the Pro and 2 Pro.

Ian

Oops, my bad, I'm on M2P side. Well, I know for sure that DJI is hearing our voices sometimes. They've got rid of this idiotic Yes/No confirmation dialog after hitting RTH Cancel button, but only after my loud screaming here
2019-12-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ice_2k Posted at 12-23 12:01
Maybe raise this with your product decisions department. It really does feel like simply annoying the pilot with a constant beep is not helping anyone. Beeping once every 10s for instance would be more than enough.

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this concern. I will be forwarding this information/thread to our designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2019-12-24
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Thanks
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_l6mTIF2x0YXX
lvl.2
United States

Have there been any updates for this issue? Any progress with respect to silencing the beeping, or making it more tolerable? The constant beeping below 20% battery, combined with the visual alerts and sheer decibel level of these beeps is almost becoming a deal breaker for me with this drone. It makes the last 2-3 minutes of flying (private property; always VLOS) really unenjoyable.

I would prefer for the visual alerts on screen to be mandatory, but have the audible alerts optional for the pilot.
2020-1-4
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe a silicone case might muffle the sound a bit

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sili ... :g:fKUAAOSwZb9d-Gq0
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_l6mTIF2x0YXX
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 1-4 19:40
Maybe a silicone case might muffle the sound a bit

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Silicone-Case-Protective-Cover-Rocker-Dust-proof-for-DJI-Mavic-Mini-Drone-Black/254455801130?hash=item3b3ebf652a:g:fKUAAOSwZb9d-Gq0

No harm in trying, but I honestly don't believe it will have any appreciable impact on this constantly repeating loud and obnoxious sound.

This really requires a software fix. Owners should have some flexibility in controlling how they would prefer to be alerted to a low battery state. Having this incessant beeping occur at anything below 20% battery, without any way to temporarily disable it or even lower the volume, is really unreasonable. As others mentioned, it can become a distraction in and of itself, which inherently defeats DJI's intention of implementing it in the first place.

Please DJI - if you're listening -  give MM drone owners some control over this feature.
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_8pyzcp4kG8rW
lvl.1

Netherlands

Please give use the ability to silence the loud beeping from the low battery and the return to home
2020-1-29
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I found constant beeping annoying too. Voice notification like "Beep, Beep - 20% battery left" every 5% decrease would be enought...
2020-1-30
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

I dont know if this is relevant as the Mini uses a different app to the Air but in DJI Go 4 the warning is customisable on a slider. Under the menu > aircraft battery > Low battery warning.
2020-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_l6mTIF2x0YXX Posted at 1-4 19:57
No harm in trying, but I honestly don't believe it will have any appreciable impact on this constantly repeating loud and obnoxious sound.

This really requires a software fix. Owners should have some flexibility in controlling how they would prefer to be alerted to a low battery state. Having this incessant beeping occur at anything below 20% battery, without any way to temporarily disable it or even lower the volume, is really unreasonable. As others mentioned, it can become a distraction in and of itself, which inherently defeats DJI's intention of implementing it in the first place.

It’s supposed to be a distraction, how else is it going to get your attention to land, I do think it should beep first the continue to voice prompt.
In Rth it has to keep beeping not to warn you but to warn others around that a drone is coming in to land no longer under control of the operator.

I agree with Rth beeping, but maybe change low battery beeping.
2020-1-30
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

They could make the beeping or voice warning intermittent as has been suggested, perhaps requiring the user to silence/acknowledge it every so often, giving you another 5% battery level of silence before warning you again.

I design control systems and their human interfaces, which include their alarm and status indicators for the plant where I work as well as other clients.  So this is a subject close to my heart.

One thing I do is to make some alarms intermittent, so they don't annoy me and other operators, but come on every so often to remind us when an abnormal condition persists.

Some major industrial accidents have happened because annoying alarm annunciators, or ones that "cry wolf", were defeated or ignored by operators.  This sort of thing can be non-trivial, and needs to be carefully considered when designing human-machine interfaces.
2020-1-30
Use props
HarrisHawk
lvl.2
United States

Any updates to this? The low battery beeping is still driving me crazy.
2020-6-2
Use props
HarrisHawk
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen,

Any chance we could see an option to disable low battery beeping (while retaining on-screen alerts)?
2020-6-4
Use props
Kwazy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41227 ft
United States

DJI, Please add the option to silence the low battery warning beep. As others here have pointed out it does not do much for safety, but instead annoys the pilot and creates a lot of anxiety. Did I mention it is extremely annoying? This takes away from the enjoyment. It also annoys the pilot and those around him/her.

Let it beep but then let us be able to turn it off temporarily, maybe until the battery drops by another 5%.
Some here have pointed out that short pressing the power button on M2P silences the beep, but that has not worked for me. Maybe that worked on older firmware?
2020-6-9
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Very aggressive beeping it has. This should be revamped. Maybe a double beep every minute or just straight up make it cancallable by taping the RC power button once.
2020-6-9
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Anoying and stupid. When in dire need of landing, this is putting so much stress that it may cause a crash instead of helping. Very stupid, sorry to say.
2020-6-10
Use props
fans51a266c3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913 ft
Portugal

Just lower the volume. It can beep as is but lower please! Pretty please???
2020-6-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans51a266c3 Posted at 6-11 06:59
Just lower the volume. It can beep as is but lower please! Pretty please???

I think this is the best way to stop it annoying people but still continually sending operators the message. If there was no warning for low battery people would undoubtedly be loosing their drones, and yes some may heed the warning and land but others will turn off forget and end up crashing and once power is gone from the drone it’s no longer under the control of the operator.

Many people who drive trucks don’t have a problem with beeping when reversing haven’t heard of one who has crashed because he heard the beeping, so lower the volume is a perfect solution.
2020-6-11
Use props
fansa3ca2932
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1614416 ft
Russia

Please give an option to set beeping volume! It must be lowered.
2020-6-11
Use props
balts1
New

Russia

Stop aggressive beeping, please! It's too loud.
2020-6-29
Use props
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 781729 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-30 04:31
It’s supposed to be a distraction, how else is it going to get your attention to land, I do think it should beep first the continue to voice prompt.
In Rth it has to keep beeping not to warn you but to warn others around that a drone is coming in to land no longer under control of the operator.

"In Rth it has to keep beeping not to warn you but to warn others around that a drone is coming in to land no longer under control of the operator."

No it does not HAVE to keep beeping ... this is happening at 20%, regardless of whether it is doing RTH or not.  I also do not think it should do this agressive beeping during RTH either.  (The first time this happened to me (RTH) I nearly crashed it because it was so mind-numbling abusive and distracting.

DJI ... 6+ months and still not a peep?!?  Wow, doesn't look good guys.  I am going to hold on to mine right up until I can no longer return it, and if they don't implement a fix I am definitely going to return it.  It not only ruins the last few minutes, but the minutes BEFORE that because of the dread that enters my mind as it approaches 20%.

2020-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

OneQuickSix Posted at 7-5 00:02
"In Rth it has to keep beeping not to warn you but to warn others around that a drone is coming in to land no longer under control of the operator."

No it does not HAVE to keep beeping ... this is happening at 20%, regardless of whether it is doing RTH or not.  I also do not think it should do this agressive beeping during RTH either.  (The first time this happened to me (RTH) I nearly crashed it because it was so mind-numbling abusive and distracting.

It’s been on dji drones for last 6 years, I’m certain if it was not there and if it was not constant that many more would have lost their drones and a similar thread would be posted here with many more posts complaining that warning was insufficient.

My seat belt won’t stop beeping until I put it on I’m thankful for that.
2020-7-5
Use props
fansa3ca2932
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1614416 ft
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 7-5 02:00
It’s been on dji drones for last 6 years, I’m certain if it was not there and if it was not constant that many more would have lost their drones and a similar thread would be posted here with many more posts complaining that warning was insufficient.

Seat belt reminder does not affect people outside the car, also can be removed by car settings.
Mavic mini RC beeping does annoy not only me but even people from house next to mine!
2020-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansa3ca2932 Posted at 7-5 03:28
Seat belt reminder does not affect people outside the car, also can be removed by car settings.
Mavic mini RC beeping does annoy not only me but even people from house next to mine!

You can disable beeping many tear down videos on YT, but warranty will be void, and seat belt beeping well it’s illegal to turn off in most countries. And as I said 6 years beeping on dji drones so it’s not going to change, no beeping more lost drones makes sense.
2020-7-5
Use props
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 781729 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-5 02:00

Yes,  and in those last 6 years you could silence the damn thing by pressing the power button, which you can not do with the current drones.  You could also decide WHEN the alarm would sound, not a hard-coded 20%  regardless of whether the drone is 10' or a 100' away.

It should be part of the phone/display interface like the other warnings ... you could at keast turn it down then.
2020-7-5
Use props
Route77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-12-23 09:07

It was disabled on the original Mavic Pro. It was easily turned off with the tap of the power button just once (on the controller). So why can't it be done for other DJI drones?
2020-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

OneQuickSix Posted at 7-5 05:58
Yes,  and in those last 6 years you could silence the damn thing by pressing the power button, which you can not do with the current drones.  You could also decide WHEN the alarm would sound, not a hard-coded 20%  regardless of whether the drone is 10' or a 100' away.

It should be part of the phone/display interface like the other warnings ... you could at keast turn it down then.

I think there’s a good reason why it’s part of RC.
2020-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Route77 Posted at 7-5 06:03
It was disabled on the original Mavic Pro. It was easily turned off with the tap of the power button just once (on the controller). So why can't it be done for other DJI drones?

I’d check that again on your MP1 it certainly doesn’t work on mine .
2020-7-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules