Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A year later...still having issues with charging Osmo Pocket??
955 10 2019-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2c8e7a1a
lvl.1
United States

I figured waiting out a few firmware updates would fix this after reading about customers swapping out different cables and chargers on their own to get their to charge but still... it's not charging with it's own provided cable to my laptop but it will charge through a samsung USB-C wall charger. It won't even charge through the wireless module when plugged into it from my laptop but only from a wall charger...Any fixes for this yet? Thank you -_-
2019-12-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to charging of your DJI Osmo Pocket. Are you seeing a charging icon on the DJI Osmo Pocket's screen when you connect  the said gimbal to the laptop? In addition, we recommend for you to charge your DJI Osmo Pocket using a standard charging brick with the specification that I will be posting for you to be able to charge the said gimbal porperly and with no issues. Finally, I will be posting an image with regards to charging specifications for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-12-23
Use props
fans2c8e7a1a
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-23 12:21
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to charging of your DJI Osmo Pocket. Are you seeing a charging icon on the DJI Osmo Pocket's screen when you connect  the said gimbal to the laptop? In addition, we recommend for you to charge your DJI Osmo Pocket using a standard charging brick with the specification that I will be posting for you to be able to charge the said gimbal porperly and with no issues. Finally, I will be posting an image with regards to charging specifications for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

[view_image]

I am using your provided cable to connect to my laptop. I don't see the charging light or on the screen. I am trying to transfer my files to my computer but how can I do that if it won't work with the provided cable?
2019-12-23
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

fans2c8e7a1a Posted at 12-23 12:24
I am using your provided cable to connect to my laptop. I don't see the charging light or on the screen. I am trying to transfer my files to my computer but how can I do that if it won't work with the provided cable?

I think that any charger needs to give a minimum output of one watt, preferably two watts to charge an Osmo Pocket. I can charge my Osmo Pocket from my tower PC but only just. My wife's laptop can't, it just doesn't have the power output to its USB ports. It's much better to use a mains charging unit or a battery High Capacity Power Bank.
The Osmo Pocket transfers files very slowly compared to a good card reader.
2019-12-23
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Captain
United Kingdom

You mean Amp, not watt. If you want to see what’s happening with your charger buy a usb power monitor, there very inexpensive and show exactly what’s going on in regards to the power consumption ie charge state.I use this one but there are many much cheaper https://www.amazon.co.uk/Voltmeter-Voltage-Multimeter-Multi-Function-Detector/dp/B07DCT9XSL/ref=sr_1_7?crid=41SMFJZ1B9H0&keywords=usb+power+monitor&qid=1577137647&sprefix=USB+power+m%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-7

2019-12-23
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Bottom line your Laptop does provide enough juice. Thats the net!
2019-12-23
Use props
fans2c8e7a1a
lvl.1
United States

Visual Air Posted at 12-23 20:17
Bottom line your Laptop does provide enough juice. Thats the net!

Seems silly if this can be done with a GoPro and paying $300+ for this...thanks for the answer though.
2019-12-23
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans2c8e7a1a Posted at 12-23 20:23
Seems silly if this can be done with a GoPro and paying $300+ for this...thanks for the answer though.

Sorry wasn't trying to be sarcastic, most laptops do not provide enough juice.
2019-12-23
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 12-23 13:46
You mean Amp, not watt. If you want to see what’s happening with your charger buy a usb power monitor, there very inexpensive and show exactly what’s going on in regards to the power consumption ie charge state.I use this one but there are many much cheaper https://www.amazon.co.uk/Voltmeter-Voltage-Multimeter-Multi-Function-Detector/dp/B07DCT9XSL/ref=sr_1_7?crid=41SMFJZ1B9H0&keywords=usb+power+monitor&qid=1577137647&sprefix=USB+power+m%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-7

Yes, Apologies, Amps not watts, slip of the keyboard late at night.
USB-3 should be fine or if you dare USB-C but I'm not sure if the voltage would be correct as it could go up to 20v with USB-C so unless you are super sure of your leads I wouldn't personally risk that. I bought a couple of leads from Amazon Basics that's allowed me to do that and it charges almost as fast as using a normal wall charger.
2019-12-24
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Captain
United Kingdom

As far as USB-C goes, it’s perfectly fine to use this method as the device only takes what is the allowed maximum amperage via its onboard power management, ie zener diodes and transistors and chocked which only allow for example 2.1amps to pass.

It’s perfectly safe to use a USB-C outlet to charge your osmo pocket, I have done so for exactly 1year with no issues.
2019-12-25
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 12-25 12:30
As far as USB-C goes, it’s perfectly fine to use this method as the device only takes what is the allowed maximum amperage via its onboard power management, ie zener diodes and transistors and chocked which only allow for example 2.1amps to pass.

It’s perfectly safe to use a USB-C outlet to charge your osmo pocket, I have done so for exactly 1year with no issues.

Good to know for sure. I've used my USB-C port on my PC but wasn't sure enough to endorse it as a safe method without reservation. While you still see people on this forum bricking their devices through charging and not understanding some possible inherent problem associated with using Li-po batteries, I'm wary of giving out 'this will be OK advice' on things I haven't used much.
Nice to know you have had no issues though as I'm running low in USB-3 outputs at the back of my PC.
2019-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules