Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Miki Flyaway
1304 27 2019-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb984e64
First Officer
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,

on 15.12.2019 i had a straight and clear Flyaway with my Mavic Mini without any Discussion. I opened a Ticket in hope to get a replacement solution, instead of that they replay that on this day there where too strong wind and my mavic mini go taken away because of the strong wind,  which is absolutely not true because on this day was a normal day like the flights before. This cant be right DJi Support, i bought a Mavic Pro 2 and i dont feel the right support from you. Pls beware what you buy because this is definetly no service at all! They dont understand what ia shock it was for me to lose the controll of the mavic mini. I had no chance to get back the controll of the drone. I hope you will overthink your Service solution, otherwhise it was realy the last drone i bought from DJI, and i will never recomend someone again to buy something.

2019-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the difficulties that you encountered. We managed to get your case number via your forum account. We have escalated the case to the supervisor team and we will have someone contact you within working hours. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to contact us.
2019-12-23
Use props
driftking.de
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27897 ft
Germany

Hello, same like in my case (CAS-3871863-Z6M1L6).

I replied the last email with evidences that the fligh away cant be due to abnormal wind (Videos of the location, official weather-records).

Please also escalate my case.
2019-12-25
Use props
driftking.de
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27897 ft
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-23 20:14
Hi there, sorry for the difficulties that you encountered. We managed to get your case number via your forum account. We have escalated the case to the supervisor team and we will have someone contact you within working hours. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to contact us.

I replied the last email with evidences that the fligh away cant be due to abnormal wind (Videos of the location, official weather-records).

Please also escalate my case.
2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

driftking.de Posted at 12-25 03:39

Hi there, our team has replied to you on this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-205076-1-1.html, your case has been escalated.
2019-12-26
Use props
fans634cbe27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3159 ft
United States

I too had a Mavic Mini fly away today.  I had 11 satellites locked in and all was fine while flying some quick shots (circles and spirals).  I re positioned a bit higher and further out to fly a circle around my house when it started drifting away very quickly.  I could see my house in the video as was pushing the right stick full forward but it was sliding away.  I did get control back and the mini was back in site headed in the right direction.  As i descended, the Mini starting drifting away again very quickly.  This time I never regained control.  As I continued to fight it, the low battery alarm sounded and announced the Mini was returning to home.  Unfortunately, it never did.  I went to the spot where the Find My Drone feature indicated it would be, but could not find it.  For the record, I have been flying RC for over 25 years and have been flying a DJI F450 for the past 5 years, so I am no rookie at this stuff.  I went to check my flight log and there is no record of the flight.  The two flights before this one were there, but not the latest flight.  What next steps do I need to take.  I definitely feel there was an issue with this drone.  Thanks.
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans634cbe27 Posted at 12-29 18:07
I too had a Mavic Mini fly away today.  I had 11 satellites locked in and all was fine while flying some quick shots (circles and spirals).  I re positioned a bit higher and further out to fly a circle around my house when it started drifting away very quickly.  I could see my house in the video as was pushing the right stick full forward but it was sliding away.  I did get control back and the mini was back in site headed in the right direction.  As i descended, the Mini starting drifting away again very quickly.  This time I never regained control.  As I continued to fight it, the low battery alarm sounded and announced the Mini was returning to home.  Unfortunately, it never did.  I went to the spot where the Find My Drone feature indicated it would be, but could not find it.  For the record, I have been flying RC for over 25 years and have been flying a DJI F450 for the past 5 years, so I am no rookie at this stuff.  I went to check my flight log and there is no record of the flight.  The two flights before this one were there, but not the latest flight.  What next steps do I need to take.  I definitely feel there was an issue with this drone.  Thanks.

Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss. If your drone still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we will help to check what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2019-12-30
Use props
fans634cbe27
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-30 03:54
Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss. If your drone still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we will help to check what happened and provide the proper resolution.

It is under warranty.  I will contact support.  Thanks.
2019-12-30
Use props
fans634cbe27
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2019-12-30 03:54

Good morning Natalia.  Is there any way you can check on the status of my request to Customer Support?  I reached out to them on the evening of December 29 and have yet to hear anything.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans634cbe27 Posted at 1-2 09:22
Good morning Natalia.  Is there any way you can check on the status of my request to Customer Support?  I reached out to them on the evening of December 29 and have yet to hear anything.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. We have tried but unable to get your ticket number via your forum account. Could you please provide us with your ticket number? We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2020-1-2
Use props
fans634cbe27
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-2 20:26
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. We have tried but unable to get your ticket number via your forum account. Could you please provide us with your ticket number? We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.

I have yet to receive a ticket number.  That's why I was reaching out.  Thanks.
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans634cbe27 Posted at 1-3 07:24
I have yet to receive a ticket number.  That's why I was reaching out.  Thanks.

Thank you for getting back. Please check the spam and see if the email was filtered. If there is no ticket number indeed, it could be your email was not received by us. Please kindly send the email again, please fill in the info at http://www.dji.com/support or send the email directly to support@dji.com. Thank you for your cooperation.
2020-1-3
Use props
fans634cbe27
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-3 20:34
Thank you for getting back. Please check the spam and see if the email was filtered. If there is no ticket number indeed, it could be your email was not received by us. Please kindly send the email again, please fill in the info at http://www.dji.com/support or send the email directly to support@dji.com. Thank you for your cooperation.

Thanks Natalia.  Nothing in my spam or deleted files, so I sent an email directly to customer support.  If I don't receive a ticket number soon, I will reach back out to you.  Thanks for the help.
2020-1-4
Use props
fans634cbe27
lvl.1
United States

fans634cbe27 Posted at 1-4 07:12
Thanks Natalia.  Nothing in my spam or deleted files, so I sent an email directly to customer support.  If I don't receive a ticket number soon, I will reach back out to you.  Thanks for the help.

Guess I should have waited a minute or two.  I did receive an email from DJI.  Ticket Number 2530755.  Thanks again.
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23028 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2019-12-23 20:14

My Case ID CAS-3860262-Q6K4Q9
Same situation: flyaway.  Please escalate my case to the supervisor team.  I have strong evidence to show the flyaway was not caused by wind according to local weather report and the flying data analysis.  I emailed back to DJI.
Thanks.
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans634cbe27 Posted at 1-4 07:15
Guess I should have waited a minute or two.  I did receive an email from DJI.  Ticket Number 2530755.  Thanks again.

You're welcome. Our team will follow up on your case and reply to your email. We hope the issue will be sorted out soon.
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV Posted at 1-5 15:19
My Case ID CAS-3860262-Q6K4Q9
Same situation: flyaway.  Please escalate my case to the supervisor team.  I have strong evidence to show the flyaway was not caused by wind according to local weather report and the flying data analysis.  I emailed back to DJI.
Thanks.

Sorry to hear that, Weiwei. We have escalated your case to the supervisor team, we will have someone contact you within working hours. We appreciate your patience.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-5 22:46
Sorry to hear that, Weiwei. We have escalated your case to the supervisor team, we will have someone contact you within working hours. We appreciate your patience.

Escalate means nothing: phone call to declare nothing to change, 15% discount only.  The fact is the flyaway was caused by Mavic Mini software: Strong wind warning will affect the software control leading to abnormal flying and disconnection.  So, the drone was in the flying mode at the last GPS point, which is the reason why you can find it.  My flying data analysis has given this conclusion.  Finally, DJI gives you the bad service to terminate the case.
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV Posted at 1-6 10:26
Escalate means nothing: phone call to declare nothing to change, 15% discount only.  The fact is the flyaway was caused by Mavic Mini software: Strong wind warning will affect the software control leading to abnormal flying and disconnection.  So, the drone was in the flying mode at the last GPS point, which is the reason why you can find it.  My flying data analysis has given this conclusion.  Finally, DJI gives you the bad service to terminate the case.

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. As our supervisor team explained, the wind below is different from the wind above, customers are recommended to keep close attention to the warning from the APP and do not continue to fly the drone when there is a strong wind. Our team has provided the proper solution, you may consider it. We appreciate your kind understanding.
2020-1-7
Use props
djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-7 04:35
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. As our supervisor team explained, the wind below is different from the wind above, customers are recommended to keep close attention to the warning from the APP and do not continue to fly the drone when there is a strong wind. Our team has provided the proper solution, you may consider it. We appreciate your kind understanding.

Hopefully your team can provide proper solution.
2020-1-7
Use props
chiptheripper
New

United States

djiuser_7vHQUDB0VPKV Posted at 1-7 19:54
Hopefully your team can provide proper solution.

Hi please I am having similar issue. Drone is lost. Cannot find. How would you like me to provide logs?
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

chiptheripper Posted at 1-12 19:04
Hi please I am having similar issue. Drone is lost. Cannot find. How would you like me to provide logs?

Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss, was your drone still under warranty? If yes, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we will help to check what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2020-1-12
Use props
fans634cbe27
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-7 04:35

So how much is a Mavic Mini without charger and controller at 15% off?  It's not available in that configuration on your products page and customer service has yet to answer that question for me.
2020-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans634cbe27 Posted at 1-15 18:45
So how much is a Mavic Mini without charger and controller at 15% off?  It's not available in that configuration on your products page and customer service has yet to answer that question for me.

Hi there, we managed to get your email via your forum account, the related team is following up on it and will reply to your email soon. We'll also help you keep an eye on it, hope the issue will sorted out soon.
2020-1-15
Use props
fans634cbe27
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-15 19:47
Hi there, we managed to get your email via your forum account, the related team is following up on it and will reply to your email soon. We'll also help you keep an eye on it, hope the issue will sorted out soon.

Any Idea how long it takes to get a quote for your own offer?  This is getting ridiculous.  
2020-1-20
Use props
fans634cbe27
lvl.1
United States

Hi there, we managed to get your email via your forum account, the related team is following up on it and will reply to your email soon. We'll also help you keep an eye on it, hope the issue will sorted out soon.

Can you please help me in getting a quote to replace my Mini?  While I do not completely agree wind was the root cause of the flyaway (no loss of signal, no climbing into the higher winds aloft), I am willing to accept the offer to get this closed out.  I informed the customer service people of this one week ago today and they indicated someone would follow up with a quote for a replacement Mini without charger or controller at 15% off.  After two follow up emails and a conversation with a customer service rep, I have yet to hear from anybody.  To say I am underwhelmed with DJI customer service right now would be a major understatement.  Please do what you can to get this thing closed out.  Thanks.
2020-1-24
Use props
fans634cbe27
lvl.1
United States

fans634cbe27 Posted at 1-24 09:51
Can you please help me in getting a quote to replace my Mini?  While I do not completely agree wind was the root cause of the flyaway (no loss of signal, no climbing into the higher winds aloft), I am willing to accept the offer to get this closed out.  I informed the customer service people of this one week ago today and they indicated someone would follow up with a quote for a replacement Mini without charger or controller at 15% off.  After two follow up emails and a conversation with a customer service rep, I have yet to hear from anybody.  To say I am underwhelmed with DJI customer service right now would be a major understatement.  Please do what you can to get this thing closed out.  Thanks.

Here is the case number:

CAS-3902333-S2N3T2
2020-1-24
Use props
hobbytownmikeyahoo.com
lvl.1
United States

Please help getting someone to respond to my emails to Customer Service.  I'm really starting to think DJI has absolutely no interest in following up on their offer.  The fact nobody at DJI can tell me the price of the offer they made simply blows my mind.  Very disappointing experience to say the least.
2020-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules