How long is the warranty for a repaired DJI drone?
2351 4 2019-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pat_Montreal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1533199 ft
Canada

Hello ,
Here my issue :
I purchased a DJI mavic air  in May 2018.
In November 2019 I had lost control on the drone and at DJI advise a sent the unit for a repair out of warranty.
DJI did not repaired but send a new serial number , a refurbished unit. (Case CAS-3732971-L7Y4W9)
In December 2019 I received the refurbished unit.

My question : DJI warranty covers this reburbished drone? How long?
Thank you.
Pat
2019-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Pat, thank you for contacting us. As per check, our support team has contacted you via email (ticket#2504268), the team will help you confirm the question and reply to your email. We appreciate your patience.
2019-12-23
Use props
Pat_Montreal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1533199 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-23 19:00
Hi Pat, thank you for contacting us. As per check, our support team has contacted you via email (ticket#2504268), the team will help you confirm the question and reply to your email. We appreciate your patience.

Hi Nathalia,
Dji is not clear regarding the warranty after repair.

I received two different answers to this question:
Version 1
My question :What warranty you cover for the new SN? (Refurbished unit replacing an unit sent for repair)
Answer by email from customer support Carol 23 dec:The warranty for the newly replaced drone will inherit the 12 months warranty from purchase.

Version 2
From Dji customer service Alec on 6 december :. If your unit will be repaired/ some parts will just replaced, the original warranty will continue or 90 days after you received it, depending which is longer. If the unit will be replaced complete, the warranty will be considered as new and it will be refreshed.

Please dji clarify if the warranty for a refurbished sent to replace a repaired unit , has 12 month warranty. If yes, when the warranty starts : shipping date? Receiving date? Activation date?
Thank you
Pat
2019-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Pat_Montreal Posted at 12-23 20:33
Hi Nathalia,
Dji is not clear regarding the warranty after repair.

Hi Pat, sorry for the trouble. For the replacement drone, it's warranty will not be renewed, but for the parts that you paid for, they will have 3 months warranty period.
You should be able to enjoy the warranty service for the paid parts if they will have a problem in the future as long as it falls under our warranty procedure.
2019-12-23
Use props
Mheuser
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hello Pat,
As you might already be aware but for DJI the warranty start on the moment of activating the unit.
While im not aware from where your from but normally warranty period depends on the local policy/ regulations. Other than that as mentioned you have a 3 month guarantee on the repaired parts, so if anything is wrong with the replaced partd it will be handled under warranty (if its within 3 months of the file date of the case).  
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules