Accidentally cleared locally cached FlightData. How do I recover it?
3966 11 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
delfin2003
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170869 ft
United States

I cleared locally cached flight data by mistake, now I have no flight records. Does anyone know where they are stored locally? I can run unerase wizard on my PC and recover contents of the folder, but I need to know which folder. Thanks
20191222_235927.jpg
2019-12-24
Use props
delfin2003
lvl.4
United States

This is a phantom 4 pro plus controller...and data has not been synched..
2019-12-24
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

If you had previously synced all flight logs on the cloud you could restore them otherwise they are gone.
Just to try, connect the remote to a computer and find the flight records folder, all txt files should remain anyway, but you can’t load and visualize them inside the app anymore
2019-12-24
Use props
delfin2003
lvl.4
United States

Manu P4P Paris Posted at 12-24 07:48
If you had previously synced all flight logs on the cloud you could restore them otherwise they are gone.
Just to try, connect the remote to a computer and find the flight records folder, all txt files should remain anyway, but you can’t load and visualize them inside the app anymore

Ok, I can see the TXT files. What does flight log need in order for them to be visible again?
2019-12-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to hear that the flightdata of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro was cleared/deleted . With regards to the flightdata. I am sorry to say, that if the said flightdata was not synced before  the cached file is deleted, It is not possible to recover the deleted cached files of the said drone. Thank you.
2019-12-24
Use props
delfin2003
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-24 09:40
Hi. I am sorry to hear that the flightdata of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro was cleared/deleted . With regards to the flightdata. I am sorry to say, that if the said flightdata was not synced before  the cached file is deleted, It is not possible to recover the deleted cached files of the said drone. Thank you.

Where is that cache file located? I can connect the remote to my PC and recover it with undelete software that I purchased. Please advise
2019-12-24
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

you can't recover any old files...they are stored in DJI servers but they are not public... it happened to me when I added another drone to my fleet and lost some of the old flights...that's why now I sync everyone I do!
2019-12-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

delfin2003 Posted at 12-24 10:03
Where is that cache file located? I can connect the remote to my PC and recover it with undelete software that I purchased. Please advise

Hi. Thank you for the additional inquiry. With regards to the storage location for the cache file for the flightdata. Once connected to the computer the path for the flight records will be at
" DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FlightRecord " . Thank you.
2019-12-24
Use props
delfin2003
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-24 12:28
Hi. Thank you for the additional inquiry. With regards to the storage location for the cache file for the flightdata. Once connected to the computer the path for the flight records will be at
" DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FlightRecord " . Thank you.

Yes, I was able to recover the .TXT files in that location, but my FlightData screen above still shows I have 0 flights. How do I make FlightData screen show my past flights? I also see there is a userinfo.json file, I believe that the data in that file is cleared when I clear the cache, is that correct? I there a way to rebuild the userinfo.json file from the TXT flight records?
2019-12-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

delfin2003 Posted at 12-24 18:28
Yes, I was able to recover the .TXT files in that location, but my FlightData screen above still shows I have 0 flights. How do I make FlightData screen show my past flights? I also see there is a userinfo.json file, I believe that the data in that file is cleared when I clear the cache, is that correct? I there a way to rebuild the userinfo.json file from the TXT flight records?

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this concern. I am sorry to say that if the cache files were deleted and the flight logs or flight data were not synchronized. We won't be able to recover those files. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2019-12-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

In the future, you might consider copying your flight logs from your RC to the hard drive of your PC as back up copies at the end of each day/flight.  

If you have important data on particular flights you need to retrieve but you believe are lost, you will likely find the data logged onboard the AC as a *.dat file.  The data will be a different log but it's much of the same data presented a different way and without the disconnects (and missing data rows) of an RC log.  I believe this data on a P4 can be downloaded to your PC.  It can then be converted to csv with datcon3.  You can then view the csv file data with Excel or Dashware.  

https://datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3Dat.html

Good luck
2019-12-27
Use props
djiuser_QlFI9fZezYfJ
lvl.1

Hong Kong

You still have a chance to recover the files if the data has not been overwritten. Maybe you can try Bitwar Data Recovery which can recover files/folders with the original file/folders name and structure. You can first download Bitwar, then you can 1. select the partition or device you want to recover; 2. choose the scan mode and select the file types; 3. preview and recover the files.

Have a try.
2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules