Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lens cracked. Is it worth the repair or cost?
2073 17 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

I rechanged the title to reflect a better topic as  we mistakangly   tell others misleading info.  and I wil ltake the FULL BLAME for it and apologize in advance to all Below.  I am Sorry. I am man enough to do that .  that said  

1 My lens broke four inches off the  floor. the PGYTECH tripod used. luck has it its off the camera, High noon, flare etc does not affect it.
2. COntacted support, filled the form,   in propper manner   did not hear back at all. Do I recontact again or let go.
3 answer lies in  Post #7.  Pay for a lens, not covered under warranty.4 $20.00 tops  or find a lens that fits 1.2" diameter. a DJI   drones nd filter will fit or any  aftermarket  lens. if want to keep Original its a OEM replacement.

I do thank you all as I have  not yet located a replacement, no  rush. and do not mind the talk/critism. if I am to be insulted say so if you write a missleading topic it can  be taken wrong. and  that said  thank you for viewing,

F I S H

2019-12-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the DJI Osmo Action. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) for further assistance. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the DJI Osmo Action or the assessment from our DJI support team otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2019-12-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

What drone?
2019-12-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for the correction that you pointed out. I have already corrected the post. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for us to be able to provide you a best resolution. Again. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for the valued support.
2019-12-24
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

That was why I purchased an spare front lens glass.  Not used but purchased.
2019-12-24
Use props
Matman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

Captain obvious here, using anything but your hands to loosen the housing cover could be the cause. Nowhere have I seen DJI recommending either a crescent wrench or levering the lens underneath with a Swiss army blade while loosening it. I think I even saw the camera in your mouth (I was like really Fishy?) So maybe you cracked it with your powerful jaw strength?

2019-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-24 13:00
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the DJI Osmo Action. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) for further assistance. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the DJI Osmo Action or the assessment from our DJI support team otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.

1 the page is  not the contact  support, it's about hte Warranty.

2. the warranty  covers two parts only  Osmo Action        Camera        12 Months
Battery        12 Months

3 per the info Cutomer pays.  the tree points always to the customer pays. DJI GENERAL AFTER-SALES SERVICE FLOW

4. this is the  correct page  https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

5 shops closed till 6PM st time Lol.

6. sent via Email. how tings ar done I guess .

2019-12-25
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

I'm probably a bit confused.  GLASS breaks and while I would imagine spontaneous breaking might be a warranty issue, I think accidents are more likely.

If you want to see spontaneous breakage I've got a shower wall for you.  I was no where near the shower wall and heard the boom downstairs.  My warranty expired but insurance covered part of the replacement cost.
shower glass1.jpg
2019-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

OUCH man, that i feel for ya the good thing is it' sa true tempered glass.  with DJI it's not.  Not upset  that it broke on such a  gentle  knock over.   It's the Price for a replacement.  Think What I am going to do in the Mean time is go find a flash light,  If i had the MM on a Caliper  tool I can get  one.  Lucky me.  Did not affect my Field of view.

Yes Insureance can cover us on things. that I agree..  time for the answer by DJI. waiting for the return email .

2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 12-25 05:11
1 the page is  not the contact  support, it's about hte Warranty.

2. the warranty  covers two parts only  Osmo Action        Camera        12 Months

Hi. I am sorry for the confusion and thank you for providing updates that you have contacted our DJI support team. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

that is why the c/p posts do not work.
2019-12-25
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

What’s the point of this video? You dropped the camera, cracked the lens. Ok. Buy a new cover and finish. Regarding the tightness, ask someone younger and stronger than you to unscrew it or get one of those tools on Amazon for removing the lens cover...

...and please stop writing your video titles in Apache, everything sounds like a riddle: lens cracked how (?).
2020-1-6
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 1-6 05:10
What’s the point of this video? You dropped the camera, cracked the lens. Ok. Buy a new cover and finish. Regarding the tightness, ask someone younger and stronger than you to unscrew it or get one of those tools on Amazon for removing the lens cover...

...and please stop writing your video titles in Apache, everything sounds like a riddle: lens cracked how (?).

I am happy that it bothers you, and Pleased it brings out your  ugly side. It clearly shows to Others  that you   Rule your world. If you step out of your Box. then Please do respect others  and stop insulting them.   Keep insulting and reminding them . it simply becomes Trolling.
You have th option to not read a post, you simpy ignored it.

2020-1-6
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 1-6 05:49
I am happy that it bothers you, and Pleased it brings out your  ugly side. It clearly shows to Others  that you   Rule your world. If you step out of your Box. then Please do respect others  and stop insulting them.   Keep insulting and reminding them . it simply becomes Trolling.
You have th option to not read a post, you simpy ignored it.

Chill out man, I just made a remark using humor, that’s all.
Regarding trolling, I believe you have the wrong definition of what trolling is, this is the 1st time I reply to any of your comments.

FYI the title of your video it is indeed written with little or no though and that comes from a non English native speaker. As per the content, to remove the cover you need STRENGTH if it is stuck, there’s no shame on asking for someone stronger to assist you.  
I do understand that you might have a bad day BUT please mind that this is a public forum and this kind of content, like making a video about dropping a camera and braking the lens and then trying to get official support will get different reactions (if people wishes to hear only supportive comments, they can always post on Facebook where friends and family will be kind to them no matter what stupidity they did, like not checking the legs and integrity of their tripod before placing a camera on it...).

Closing, if you are going to be posting YouTube videos you'd better be open to criticism otherwise you will not be very successful at it.
2020-1-6
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 1-6 10:24
Chill out man, I just made a remark using humor, that’s all.
Regarding trolling, I believe you have the wrong definition of what trolling is, this is the 1st time I reply to any of your comments.

to the world I am sorry. to @el Diabolico I do apologize. that said..   

stay tuned I will d oan update.
2020-1-6
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Corrected  Main topic.
2020-1-6
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 1-6 10:52
to the world I am sorry. to @el Diabolico I do apologize. that said..   

stay tuned I will d oan update.

No heart feelings, I. Wish you a positive resolution to your problem. Looking forward to it.
2020-1-6
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 1-6 12:11
No heart feelings, I. Wish you a positive resolution to your problem. Looking forward to it.

Thank you.  no problem will  let  all know my Resolution.
2020-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules