DJI FPV in-flight issue
7076 33 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gambino88
lvl.2

Romania

So i am experiencing something strange mid flight.

My controller beeps and my quad levels itself.

Everything else is normal.

Anyone else ?
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_Ekvfkpq1E0gJ
lvl.1

Germany

Hi! Yesterday I got the exact same issue. Was wondering what the deal can be. I guess I also have it on video.
2019-12-25
Use props
gambino88
lvl.2

Romania

guess we-ll have to wait and see who else
2019-12-25
Use props
AngelFPV
lvl.1

Germany

Today this happen again. Here is a video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIJNSpSX-wA
2019-12-26
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

What power level are you using for the air unit when this happens?  What channel were you using?
2019-12-27
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

almost like it would trigger some failsafe procedure - autolevel and hover for a sec, then disable it and just continue to follow stick commands
2019-12-28
Use props
Slartibart
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem on my iFlight Megabee, with the DJI FPV system. I have tried 2 different flight controllers, but that did not help. For me, this happens 1-4 times per flight. Please see attached screenshot from Betaflight blackbox-log that shows when this happens. Note sudden flight mode change, and the strange RC command input. Both control sticks at the left botton for a split second, then back to normal.

Btw, if you experience this problem, do you use Sbus, or Sbus Baud Fast (DJI HDL)? I have only used Sbus Baud Fast so far.

-Slartibart

2019-12-29
Use props
gambino88
lvl.2

Romania

isn`t this a stage one failsafe ?
2019-12-30
Use props
Slartibart
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello,

How can I confirm that? E.g. (in Betaflight blackbox log) the field "Failsafe" does not show anything. Also not "State flags" or "RX signal".

And why does it happen? The quadcopter is not far from the Remote when it happens.

-Slartibart
2019-12-31
Use props
Slartibart
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello,

No further comments on this? I did try switch to standard SBUS. Now it is less noticeable when flying, but the Blackbox-log still have these occurrences.

-Slartibart
2020-1-9
Use props
gambino88
lvl.2

Romania

well, i came to the conclusions that they are stage 1 failsafes. i multiple of theese twitches in the air, then i had 2 failsafes near me. I`m pretty sure that they are stage 1 failsafes.
2020-1-9
Use props
TechnoCore
lvl.2

United States

Do the goggles cut out at the same time or is the video stable?
2020-1-9
Use props
Slartibart
lvl.1

Sweden

No. Video is stable. I just see a brief yaw twitch.
2020-1-14
Use props
Slartibart
lvl.1

Sweden

@gambino88 So, what caused the failsafes?
2020-1-14
Use props
gambino88
lvl.2

Romania

2020-1-18
Use props
gambino88
lvl.2

Romania

i have these weird outages, they seem like power outages, everything drops, motors, gyro, RC commands. What flight controller do you boys use ? i got the kakute F7 for the dji
2020-1-18
Use props
gambino88
lvl.2

Romania

so, after further investigations, i found that the problem is in fact a glitch. I dont know exactly why, but the black box records this.
2020-1-25
Use props
gambino88
lvl.2

Romania

Switched to emuflight, no more glitches. So I guess it was betaflight 4.1
2020-2-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe your solder jobs bridged something.  Maybe your VTX frequency is colliding w/ the radio transmitter frequency.  Just run 5.8 instead of 2.4GHz.
2020-2-2
Use props
f4ichuck
lvl.1

United States

The same thing has been happening on one of my Air Units.  Except it randomly happens on pitch, roll, and throttle.  Looks like a common problem.  I'm going to try different Air Unit to determine of it is a product defect.
2020-2-3
Use props
f4ichuck
lvl.1

United States

Seems to be related to power supply.  Looked at my buck converter and it was missing a couple capacitors for some reason.  Replaced it and it and there were no glitches at all on the first pack.
2020-2-6
Use props
gambino88
lvl.2

Romania

AntDX316 Posted at 2-2 23:49
Maybe your solder jobs bridged something.  Maybe your VTX frequency is colliding w/ the radio transmitter frequency.  Just run 5.8 instead of 2.4GHz.

i`m on dji fpv and dji radio controller
2020-2-7
Use props
gambino88
lvl.2

Romania

f4ichuck Posted at 2-3 20:00
[view_image]The same thing has been happening on one of my Air Units.  Except it randomly happens on pitch, roll, and throttle.  Looks like a common problem.  I'm going to try different Air Unit to determine of it is a product defect.

i`ve  went to using emuflight over betaflight and have flown abou 8 packs, no glich since...
2020-2-7
Use props
djiuser_bXU91VVpTjDr
lvl.1

United States

I have same failsafe problem, twice now very close,it levels and drops like a rock then the dji controller beeps,and I go find it
2020-2-16
Use props
djiuser_bXU91VVpTjDr
lvl.1

United States

Hey I got simular problem, same holybro kakute f7 and twice now it leveled up and dropped like a disarmed, the video stayed on I rearm and flew, I'm running 1200mw,4c batt,newest osd updates, 4.1 firm on the board,sick ride except I fly coastal areas, I've never herd of emuflight
2020-2-16
Use props
mail-danielkochweb.de
lvl.1

Germany

Same problem here. Completely DJI (AU / Remote / Googles)
Until now I changed absolut everything in my quad to get rid of these glitches. Used 3 different (all new) flight controllers, 3 Escs and 2 sets of motors (randomly changed). Still glitches and freak outs for about 100ms.
I am able to force this issue again and again. It always happens when the air unit is tortured by the same g-forces. When it happens, the quad isn't controllable for a 10th of a second, turns upside down and just a twinkle of an eye later it is controllable again and I can avoid the crash.
In the osd i mentioned a complete drop of the battery voltage to under 13 volts (flying 4s) and then recovers fast (battery fully charged). Video is fine all the time. Even noch skipped frames or freezes.
Did i purchased a defective air unit? Ist it the same on every air unit? And if so, can it be fixed?
I don't trust my 400€ build anymore!
2020-3-14
Use props
Joker222
lvl.1

Germany

mail-danielkochweb.de Posted at 3-14 14:51
Same problem here. Completely DJI (AU / Remote / Googles)
Until now I changed absolut everything in my quad to get rid of these glitches. Used 3 different (all new) flight controllers, 3 Escs and 2 sets of motors (randomly changed). Still glitches and freak outs for about 100ms.
I am able to force this issue again and again. It always happens when the air unit is tortured by the same g-forces. When it happens, the quad isn't controllable for a 10th of a second, turns upside down and just a twinkle of an eye later it is controllable again and I can avoid the crash.

In case someone doesn't understand what i mean with micro failsafe or Blackouts i uploaded a Video to YouTube . Take an eye on: 0:11 / 0:22 / 1:33 / 2:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejUO8tCg0tw
2020-3-15
Use props
LeRichton
New

Switzerland

Hello Everybody, same problem here :
- https://youtu.be/8t_xFis97HE
- https://youtu.be/krkSfk-_tow

I'm happy to see that I'm not alone anymore.
This is happening on my second quad :
- stout v3 ethix 1750kv motors
- hobbywing 60a 4in1 esc and f4 g3 FC
- Rxsr receiver (sbus protocol)
- Dji air unit for the video only (uart rx and tx + ground and voltage)
- Betaflight 4.1.5

For me it seems to be a problem that go always the same direction (rear left motor) so I was presuming an esc or motor problem. But when I saw this conversation and the fact that with emuflight there was no more "glitches" I'm wondering now if it's not a software issue. The fact is that this Air Unit is my "old" one. She was on my other quad that flew super nice with this airunit in it. So for me I don't think it's a AirUnit problem... The other quad have a r9mm receiver (f.port) protocol, betaflight 4.1.4 and fly super good.

Maybe it's betaflight 4.1.5 that is the problem ?
Joker2222, which version of betaflight are you using ?

2020-3-30
Use props
djiuser_T1Bxv0nJoa1s
New

Germany

LeRichton Posted at 3-30 09:10
Hello Everybody, same problem here :
- https://youtu.be/8t_xFis97HE
- https://youtu.be/krkSfk-_tow

Hi,

I have the same Issues you are discussing here and I got bored now by changing parts, because Air Units are not cheap.
I have posted a support request today to dji with the following trouble shooting, I did the last 2 weeks:

My assumption actually is that the Air Unit, and even the Googles, have a problem with Sandisk Extreme 64GB SD Cards I used for video recording in both devices. I have removed the SD card from the Air Unit today and did three test flights without any artefacts on the SBUS.
Before, I had at least 1 Glitch on every flight recordet in the blackbox.

In the googles, sometimes the video recording is stopped during flight, which is again a hint for a SD Card problem...

What is your experience - do you use a SD Card in the Air Unit when the issue occurs ?

The other assumption was, that the SA Switch on the sender, i use for ARMing, is defective... Today, I changed to use SB for ARMing. So I can actually not say which change results in a failure-free flight.

What do you think on that ?

KInd regards,
Marja
2020-4-4
Use props
codefizz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279682 ft
United States

I am having a very similar problemon my 5" with kakute f7.  Did anyone ever definitively resolve this?
2020-5-5
Use props
civ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126342 ft
Norway

This stopped happening when I stopped recording and started flying without a SD card in the air unit.
2020-7-2
Use props
HobbytualRC
New

United States

Okay, a newbee here.  I bought a tiny whoop a GepRC P16 HD, equipped with the caddx vista and nebula. I use a 3S 300mah lipo (recommended),  FrSky R SXR and a RadioMaster TS16 Tx. My problem is I can't get any recording on my DJI goggles and my telemetry sensors are not working. I have enabled most like features for OSD. It is also saying in my goggles, "Low Power mode" everytime I fly. This just defeats the purpose of purchasing DJI technology if I can't record. One reason I bought a whoop and for the recordings I should have captured. Caddx FC/ESC had the current updates, and even the DJI goggles.  I have no problem configuring through BetaFlight because I have help from veteran FPV guys in my town. Whoop required features were enabled. My Whoop is a GEPRC Thinking P16 HD BNF. Anybody else having this issue? Experts, please help.
2020-9-17
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

HobbytualRC Posted at 9-17 22:12
Okay, a newbee here.  I bought a tiny whoop a GepRC P16 HD, equipped with the caddx vista and nebula. I use a 3S 300mah lipo (recommended),  FrSky R SXR and a RadioMaster TS16 Tx. My problem is I can't get any recording on my DJI goggles and my telemetry sensors are not working. I have enabled most like features for OSD. It is also saying in my goggles, "Low Power mode" everytime I fly. This just defeats the purpose of purchasing DJI technology if I can't record. One reason I bought a whoop and for the recordings I should have captured. Caddx FC/ESC had the current updates, and even the DJI goggles.  I have no problem configuring through BetaFlight because I have help from veteran FPV guys in my town. Whoop required features were enabled. My Whoop is a GEPRC Thinking P16 HD BNF. Anybody else having this issue? Experts, please help.

low power mode should prevent overheats (like pre-start, when motors not spinning/drone not flying)
but when You arm drone, then it should switch to Your selected mw transmission and start rec.

overall it's usefull, but I don't like it in one scenario (long range flights), then IMHO it should be set off.
as if something happen, and You have to landfar away, disarming drone will lower power and in effect break transmission

did You try disable that thermal protection option in googles? did it change anything?

2020-9-18
Use props
Ds67888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10657192 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thought a bird flew in front of
Me but happens over and over
2021-4-6
Use props
Advanced