Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lighting to micro USB connecting drone to Apple ..
6925 9 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
v01d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

Hello all Apple users,

I was wondering if anyone tried connecting the Mavic Pro drone directly to your iPhone / iPad using the Lightning to Micro USB cable .. ?   (iPhone[lightning] <------->[micro USB] Mavic Pro)

I'm wondering if I can then transfer / import files straight into iPhone/iPad from the drone directly this way.
2019-12-24
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Australia

So like, for example :

https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/p/lgtnmuc.html#buy

But, for weird reason says, not supported for DJI Mavic Pro, only manufacturer original cables ... But why ..? It is a cable.   Doesn't make sense.

Also, the original little micro USB to Lightning, that comes with the RC controller, will Not work for connecting it to drone: the shape of that micro USB prevents you from plugging it into the drone ..
So one needs a different shaped micro USB end here ..

Anyone can recommend a working cable for this?
2019-12-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us Yes you can use your own cable, however, for the best user experience, we recommend that you use a dedicated Mavic RC (Remote Controller) Cable to connect your phone. Also, please make sure to use a DATA communication cable and not a charging cable to make sure that it will transmit data. In addition, The adapter cable provided by the Mavic Pro can be used for the Lightning connector, Micro USB standard connector, and USB Type-C. The reverse Micro USB connector needs to be purchased separately. Hope this helps. Thank you!
2019-12-25
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-25 11:47
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us Yes you can use your own cable, however, for the best user experience, we recommend that you use a dedicated Mavic RC (Remote Controller) Cable to connect your phone. Also, please make sure to use a DATA communication cable and not a charging cable to make sure that it will transmit data. In addition, The adapter cable provided by the Mavic Pro can be used for the Lightning connector, Micro USB standard connector, and USB Type-C. The reverse Micro USB connector needs to be purchased separately. Hope this helps. Thank you!

Hi DJI Gamora,
Thanks for replying, apprecaited it.

I think my original post didn't give enough details of what I have tried already :
> .... , we recommend that you use a dedicated Mavic RC (Remote Controller) Cable to connect your phone

I cannot use that cable to connect to iPhone to the Drone. The way the DJI provided cable is shaped, you cannot plug the micro USB side into the Mavic Pro's drone port. It's just shaped wrongly for that, the micro USB connector too short / the big plastic right-andle blob, which is Ok for the RC controller, does not allow you to plug it into the drone however.

> ..... The adapter cable provided by the Mavic Pro can be used for the Lightning connector, Micro USB standard connector, and USB Type-C

My Mavic Pro does not have a USB type-C port.. So I'm not sure what you mean here at all.   Sorry
2019-12-27
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2241375 ft
United States

Just get one if these if you’re intent like I am at transferring directly you your iOS device -  it will have better transfer rates as well.

FA-STAR SD Card Reader, Digital Camera Reader Adapter Compatible with iPhone/iPad (Support iOS 13 and Before), Trail Game Camera Viewer Compatible with iPhone/iPad, Plug and Play - White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0744JB6KR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fQUbEb1J46J9A
2019-12-27
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Australia

WSUPolar Posted at 12-27 21:40
Just get one if these if you’re intent like I am at transferring directly you your iOS device -  it will have better transfer rates as well.

FA-STAR SD Card Reader, Digital Camera Reader Adapter Compatible with iPhone/iPad (Support iOS 13 and Before), Trail Game Camera Viewer Compatible with iPhone/iPad, Plug and Play - White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0744JB6KR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fQUbEb1J46J9A

Hyea  WSUPolar,

> ...Just get one if these if you’re intent like I am at transferring directly you your iOS device

Yea i have th adapeter, BUT BUT BUT.     The DJI Go 4 app does not see files off that miro sd; I have to first import it with iOS Pictures/ Videos, (which copies it), THEN, i have to import (which just links / doesn't copy) into DJI GO 4 app.
This sucks.  I want to import straight into DJI Go 4 app.  By connecting to drone, I'm thinking perhaps DJI Go 4 app will see & import those files directly off the drone.
2019-12-30
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Australia

Update :  Ok so I tried transferring directly from Drone, to external harddrive (DJI co-pilot) .. It works, but, at about 7-9MB sec, this is slow. Thus probably, not worth it.
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_xDNLAzqC2jhS
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-12-25 11:47

I have a quick question. Does DJI make a longer micro usb to iOS data cable as I use an extension accessory to keep my iPhone away from the controller (Skyreat for Mavic). I know I can just buy an after market cable of the length I need but I really like how DJI makes there data cables as they are fitted to the RC micro USB port so the connection is snug and will help preserve its functionality.. Finally with regards to charging the RC there is a REVERSIBLE USB to micro usb cable available. This solves the problem of fumbling around trying to connect with the pin
upside down. This over time can damage the RC port.
2020-10-31
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

On the Mavic RC are 2 USB ports. Left side is a C-type port and at the bottom side is an A-type port. If you use a phone then you can use the USB-wire came with the Mavic. But if you use a tab (iPad) then use the lightnig wire and connect it with the port at bottom of the RC. Not more and not less.
2020-11-9
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

v01d Posted at 1-3 19:53
Update :  Ok so I tried transferring directly from Drone, to external harddrive (DJI co-pilot) .. It works, but, at about 7-9MB sec, this is slow. Thus probably, not worth it.

Try to use a SD-slot on your PC/MAC to read the SD card. Its the fastes way to transfere large files.
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules