Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New SC battery drains fast and shows weird battery %
833 4 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NatP
lvl.1
Thailand

Hi!
I bought my Mavic 2 Pro in June 2019 and Smart Controller to it. Everything was brand new and fine. The SC battery would handle 4 batteries flights (appr. 20 min each flight) from June to October. I flew every other week btw. Then there was almost a month and a half break in flights. I left the SC battery at 30% charge, then charged it to full and in a week decided to fly, in Kuala Lumpur. And had a nasty experience of burning hot SC in my hands draining its battery like a countdown. I was able to fly only one flight with my SC drained from 100% to 25%. A power bank recharged it during lunch to full but then again: one flight drained it to 40%. Back home I switched SC on (no recharging on my way home) and it said 100% charge! Then in two weeks the story was the same.
I googled a lot and came across some stories of the same kind both with standard RC and the SC. Now I suspect that my SC battery cells being faulty and I still would ask you, more experienced pilots, for your opinion and a piece of advice.
(I guess I will have to go to a local DJI rep to claim the SC failing batteries and have it replaced. Anyone's had any good experience in such a situation?)
2019-12-24
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

It does sound like a defective unit.  Good luck on getting it appropriately handled by DJI.
2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Are you seeing any error messages on the screen? I would recommend to please contact our DJI support team at
( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) to further diagnose, analyze and repair the said issue. Thank you.
2019-12-25
Use props
NatP
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-25 11:10
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Are you seeing any error messages on the screen? I would recommend to please contact our DJI support team at
( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) to further diagnose, analyze and repair the said issue. Thank you.

Hi, no error messages so far. All updates went smoothly. Just weird behaviour of the battery unit within recent flights.
I will try to contact DJI support, thank you for advice!
2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

NatP Posted at 12-25 20:24
Hi, no error messages so far. All updates went smoothly. Just weird behaviour of the battery unit within recent flights.
I will try to contact DJI support, thank you for advice!

You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules