Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
So many restrictions...
969 3 2019-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonygoesglobal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41227 ft
Georgia

Hi all,
I just bought a Mavic Mini. It's my first drone and before buying I read a bit about drone restrictions (no flying near airports, near people etc) - OK, so just use common sense I thought...

Restrictions are ridiculous though. No flying near buildings, roads, over private land (since when did landowners own the airspace above their property?) national parks, residential areas...

That rules out 99% of the world. So where exactly do people fly their drones?
2019-12-24
Use props
cece0
lvl.1

United States

Hello.  I can't comment much about those restrictions, but the restrictions on this forum are going to make me either make me laugh myself silly or drive me absolutely crazy.
2019-12-25
Use props
CrowTC
lvl.1
United States

A decade ago, there was a small city near me that completely banned all drone flights within city limits over privacy concerns (drones peeking in windows and such) and worries that drones dropping out of the sky could potentially hurt children.  So, they banned drones outright, the only exeption being law enforcement.  From what I heard, they passed the law at the end of a council meeting without doing any research or obtaining any educated community input.

What no one on the city council knew about was the large model airplane club in town that hosted a huge charity event anually... a major part of the event involved racing and precision flying of drones.  Those people were obviously a bit annoyed and I think I remember hearing something about the city modifying the law and setting up a drone registration program (with fees, of course).

I recently saw some amateur drone footage from that city on the local news and it made me wonder if they wised up yet...
2019-12-26
Use props
BRQ7O
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57884 ft
United States

Yes, I know, restrictions and restrictions.
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules