Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error code 203
5742 7 2019-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jollyroger Hobbies
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

I bought my best friend the tello with the fly more combo for Christmas. He charged up all 3 batteries via the charge hub, flew it for one battery. Then it asked for a firmware update and he did it. Now all three batteries give an error code 203. Which according to my research says this code means a none Ryze battery was detected. The only batteries he has came with the combo! And it worked fine until he upgraded the firmware. We tried the hold the power button until the green light goes out and get a flashing red then, re-connect and reinstall the firmware. No change. Every battery gives this code and it will not start motors. Tello will power on and is connected to the phone. We see what the camera sees. But it will not take off (Start motors). What can we do? How can we fix this?
2019-12-25
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
Second Officer
United States

He tried again today and still getting Error so not a heat issue, we tried that. It has to be the firmware that caused this. WHY would a company push an update that causes this and NOT have to fix for it? Now he has a Christmas gift that is a freaking brick.
2019-12-25
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dear customer, the error code 203 means the battery broke or the battery contact wrong.
If you have tried to re-upgrade the firmware, but it didn't work. The aircraft needs to be sent to our facility to have a test.
If you haven't re-upgraded, please try this mothed to force upgrade again. Please hold the Power Button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered off, and release it when the green indicator turns off. Then the indicator will pulse red. Connect to the Tello's Wi-Fi and go to Setting - more - firmware version to upgrade the firmware again. After upgrading the firmware, please check whether the issue is resolved.
If the problem still persists, please connect us via support@ryzerobotics.com. Our colleague will help you and provide you the sending-back guideline.
Hope my answer can help you. Thanks a lot.
2019-12-26
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
Second Officer
United States

RYZE Posted at 12-26 21:50
Dear customer, the error code 203 means the battery broke or the battery contact wrong.
If you have tried to re-upgrade the firmware, but it didn't work. The aircraft needs to be sent to our facility to have a test.
If you haven't re-upgraded, please try this mothed to force upgrade again. Please hold the Power Button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered off, and release it when the green indicator turns off. Then the indicator will pulse red. Connect to the Tello's Wi-Fi and go to Setting - more - firmware version to upgrade the firmware again. After upgrading the firmware, please check whether the issue is resolved.

Is this a canned answer? really? didn't you not read my first post. We did that! no change! my friend opened a ticket and they want it sent to California.  but according to others that have had this happen and read the comments and seen the videos. Ryze then says it is a motherboard issue and wants the owner to pay for a replacement.  We are sending it back to Amazon where i bought it.
2019-12-27
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
Second Officer
United States

Sent it back and got a new one. Updated the firmware and this one works fine. Looks like the first drone became a brick after the firmware update, but this one is working fine.
2020-1-9
Use props
jimdvtam
New

Malaysia

anyone have error code 201, how to fix?
2021-9-5
Use props
jimdvtam
New

Malaysia

2021-9-5
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

jimdvtam Posted at 9-5 20:00
[view_image]

Dear customer,
Error code 201 means gravity calibration failure, it is suggested to send the drone back for further test, please contact us via support@ryzerobotics.com.
We are sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.
2021-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules