Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Bricked after FW update
3512 15 2019-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse8c0385e
Flight distance : 1318802 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

Looks like I am another sufferer of the fatal Mavic Mini Firmware update.  Updated the Mavic, Battery Cell Error. Now unable to charge the battery or fly the drone. Merry Christmas!

Please tell me how to best resolve this issue ASAP.  I'm not currently able to purchase a new battery due to lack of inventory so I have a £370 plastic paperweight to look at with my kids on Christmas day!  Thanks DJI!

Ivan
2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ivan, we apologize for the troubles with the battery and the inconvenience that has been caused, it is recommended to send in the battery for the evaluation, please contact our support team www.dji.com to start a ticket and send in, thank you.
2019-12-25
Use props
JPEG_foto
lvl.1

Italy

Welcome to DJI! Sadly, you're not alone. And the worst part is: DJI has no solution for this issue. They will just say to bring back the Mavic Mini to the shop.
2019-12-26
Use props
flokrates
New
Austria

I have exactly the same issue, my brand-new Mavic Mini is now kind of useless after the firmware update, at least I don’t know how to continue:

I ordered my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo directly from DJI on the day it was released (30th of Oct. 2019). It arrived on the 19th of Nov. 2019. I waited until Christmas 24th  to unwrap & unpack it for doing the first flight during Christmas holidays, as it should be my personal Christmas present.

The box was completely undamaged, everything was fine from outside. After carefully unpacking everything I first charged the batteries and set up the DJI Fly app on my Samsung S9 Android device. Once the batteries have been fully charged, I connected the Mavic Mini for the first time. Before doing the first flight the app suggested to do a firmware upgrade on the Mavic Mini to v01.00.0300. The update went absolutely smooth. However, after the drone restarted I still could not fly because of these errors popping up within the DJI Fly app:

#40012, #30055, #30049, #30007, 30047, #30050

And now I’m completely stuck and quite frustrated. Neither the gimbal calibration nor the IMU calibration seems to work. The IMU calibration won’t start and I don’t know the reason for it. The “START” button of the IMU calibration cannot be pressed within the app. I also tested it using an iPhone instead of Android, but same issue here. The gimbal calibration doesn’t seem to work either, it is just stuck at 10% and no progress from there. Also the LED is constantly flashing in red, yellow and green on the Mavic Mini.

I also installed the DJI Assistant 2 app for doing a firmware downgrade. Same issues on the previous firmware. After doing a firmware upgrade to v01.00.0300 again, still the same issues.

To sum up: For me this is a dead end and I desperately need an advice how to get it fixed. I literally flew zero meters with this drone and invested hours of looking for a fix online. Waste of time and quite frustrating.
2019-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

flokrates Posted at 12-26 03:32
I have exactly the same issue, my brand-new Mavic Mini is now kind of useless after the firmware update, at least I don’t know how to continue:
I ordered my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo directly from DJI on the day it was released (30th of Oct. 2019). It arrived on the 19th of Nov. 2019. I waited until Christmas 24th  to unwrap & unpack it for doing the first flight during Christmas holidays, as it should be my personal Christmas present.
The box was completely undamaged, everything was fine from outside. After carefully unpacking everything I first charged the batteries and set up the DJI Fly app on my Samsung S9 Android device. Once the batteries have been fully charged, I connected the Mavic Mini for the first time. Before doing the first flight the app suggested to do a firmware upgrade on the Mavic Mini to v01.00.0300. The update went absolutely smooth. However, after the drone restarted I still could not fly because of these errors popping up within the DJI Fly app:

Hi flokrates, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience, I'm afraid it cannot be fixed remotely, it is recommended to send in the device for assistance, please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-12-26
Use props
SupBro
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Such horrible way to help customers
2019-12-28
Use props
fanse8c0385e
Switzerland

Day 12... Still no update. No UPS label, no drone, kids have given up... Happy 2020!
2020-1-6
Use props
fanse8c0385e
Switzerland

Day 13. Turns out I've been sent a UPS tracking number (which has just been delivered BTW) for something that has no relation to my issue.  Nice to see DJI are sending fixes to other customers mind!...  So, day 13, no fix, no drone, no return label, no contact, no end in sight.  Excellent customer service...
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanse8c0385e Posted at 1-7 01:54
Day 13. Turns out I've been sent a UPS tracking number (which has just been delivered BTW) for something that has no relation to my issue.  Nice to see DJI are sending fixes to other customers mind!...  So, day 13, no fix, no drone, no return label, no contact, no end in sight.  Excellent customer service...

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. May we confirm that if you have contacted our support team (http://www.dji.com/support) to get a ticket/case number or not? If yes, please let us know the ticket number or your case number, we'd like to help you check it.
2020-1-7
Use props
fanse8c0385e
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-7 03:53
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. May we confirm that if you have contacted our support team (http://www.dji.com/support) to get a ticket/case number or not? If yes, please let us know the ticket number or your case number, we'd like to help you check it.

Hi Mindy, yes, the ticket has been open since Dec 26th 2512371. Thanks
2020-1-7
Use props
Helium_ADHD
Flight distance : 186781 ft
United States

SupBro Posted at 2019-12-28 08:58
Such horrible way to help customers

Its annoying
2020-2-3
Use props
Helium_ADHD
United States

is the firmware update you did a battery firmware update?
2020-2-3
Use props
ivanwearecustard.com
United Kingdom

Helium_ADHD Posted at 2-3 08:12
is the firmware update you did a battery firmware update?

I installed the standard app firmware update (just after xmas). DJI replaced the battery.
2020-2-3
Use props
Helium_ADHD
United States

ivanwearecustard.com Posted at 2-3 08:43
I installed the standard app firmware update (just after xmas). DJI replaced the battery.

The new battery fixed the gimbal problem?   I asked dji support about what to do and they said to use dji assistant to update/roll back.   It was of no use.   
2020-2-3
Use props
ivanwearecustard.com
United Kingdom

Helium_ADHD Posted at 2-3 09:17
The new battery fixed the gimbal problem?   I asked dji support about what to do and they said to use dji assistant to update/roll back.   It was of no use.

I didn't have a gimbal problem? My issue was the firmware bricked the battery from charging, which DJI replaced
2020-2-3
Use props
Helium_ADHD
United States

ivanwearecustard.com Posted at 2-3 09:44
I didn't have a gimbal problem? My issue was the firmware bricked the battery from charging, which DJI replaced

Oh.  Well i thought it was gimbal
2020-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules