Scrambled video signal on Phantom 4 Pro controller
1919 7 2019-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phantomshark
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

My drone worked fine and now all of a sudden I am getting a scrambled video signal on my remote controller that is connected to my phone. The picture looks like this:

Phantom 4 pro - Scrambled Video signal

Phantom 4 pro - Scrambled Video signal

Other than the scrabled video feed, the drone is fully functional. I can fly it, control it and even when I take pictures or record video, it saves good pictures on the SD card. So I know the camera works fine.
First, I thought it was some signal interference but I tried to use the drone in remote location with phone in airplane mode and still the same issue persists.
I have tried:
- switching out USB cables - didn't help
- using a different android phone - didn't help
- used Apple iPad - didn't help (instead of screambled video signal I am just getting no video signal, black screen)
- upgraded to the lastest version of DJI Go 4 app - didn't help
- downgraded DJI Go Pro app to the one from October 2018 (when drone worked) - didn't help
- upgraded the drone to the latest firmware - didnt help

What else can I try? any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Did the drone experienced any hard landing prior from getting this issue? May I know what is the android mobile device used for the said drone? Since you did a firmware upgrade on the said drone. Did you use the DJI Assistant 2 to upgrade the firmware? I would recommend to please check the transmission settings and try a different channel to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-12-25
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

Try a different cord again. I tried a different cord and got the same thing. A better cord made it work for me. Don't go cheap.
2019-12-25
Use props
Antares Fortune
lvl.3
Flight distance : 410499 ft
United States

This is the problem I've been having with my P4.  It seems range dependent on mine.  When I'm close, it isn't a problem, but when I get out about 1000 feet it starts to break up.  It is currently in the shop and they said there are no issues with the video at range.  If it is a problem when I get it back I'll try a new cord.
2019-12-26
Use props
phantomshark
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-25 16:31
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Did the drone experienced any hard landing prior from getting this issue? May I know what is the android mobile device used for the said drone? Since you did a firmware upgrade on the said drone. Did you use the DJI Assistant 2 to upgrade the firmware? I would recommend to please check the transmission settings and try a different channel to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Did the drone experienced any hard landing prior from getting this issue?
-No

May I know what is the android mobile device used for the said drone?
-Galaxy S10. It worked fine before.

Since you did a firmware upgrade on the said drone. Did you use the DJI Assistant 2 to upgrade the firmware?
-Yes I used DJI assistant2

I would recommend to please check the transmission settings and try a different channel to isolate the issue.
- Tried different channels and frequencies. Same issue.

I have narrowed down the video pixelation issue to GL300F controller. I used my Phantom4 Pro drone with GL300E controller i borrowed from a friend and the video was perfectly fine. I know now it's not an issue with a drone but with a remote controller.
I can see that currently the firmware versions between the controller and drone don't match. Could this be an issue? If so, how can I updated remote controller's firmware? So far, I couldn't updated remote controller FW through neither DJI assistant2 (unrecognized device) or DJI GO4 app.
2019-12-27
Use props
phantomshark
lvl.1

United States

phantomshark Posted at 12-27 11:46
Did the drone experienced any hard landing prior from getting this issue?
-No

I tried 3 different USB cords. One good quality brand new. Same issue.
Also, this is the error I get when trying to connect remote controller to DJI Assistant 2 app.
Similar issue: https://phantompilots.com/threads/please-help-p4p-control-cant-update-firmware-transmission-interference-on-dji-go-4.146965/

2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

phantomshark Posted at 12-27 11:51
I tried 3 different USB cords. One good quality brand new. Same issue.
Also, this is the error I get when trying to connect remote controller to DJI Assistant 2 app.
Similar issue: https://phantompilots.com/threads/please-help-p4p-control-cant-update-firmware-transmission-interference-on-dji-go-4.146965/

Thank you for providing this additional information. With regards to this the error message on the DJI Assistant 2. Have you checked the driver under " Device Manager > choose Other Devices " if you see something that says unknown device please try to right click and update it. Then please go to the DJI Assistant 2 folder and look for a file name " Drivers " to install the driver for the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-12-27
Use props
phantomshark
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-27 13:19
Thank you for providing this additional information. With regards to this the error message on the DJI Assistant 2. Have you checked the driver under " Device Manager > choose Other Devices " if you see something that says unknown device please try to right click and update it. Then please go to the DJI Assistant 2 folder and look for a file name " Drivers " to install the driver for the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi,

There are no uknown devices in device manager. When I plug in the remote controller it shows up as a COM port, however it's still not recoginized:

I found this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiGy74ZVu9I) that suggests that video pixelation is due to firmware mismatch between remote controller and the drone.
They show how to update firmware for GL300E controller, however can you tell me:
1) How do I update firmware on GL300F remote controller?

Thanks
PrtScr capture_3.png
2019-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules