Inflated (Fat) batteries
588 4 2019-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

Have 5 batteries. 4 I have bought since day 1 (January 2018 - produced Sept 2017) and one in Feb 2019.

All  4 from 2018 are infated. 2019 is fine.

Production problems?

Does anybody has the same problem?

2019-12-26
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Lots of discussion over time. But basically, they are end of life and need to be replaced. Risk is the biggest factor.
2019-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Adriano. Thank you for reaching out. We are deeply sorry if you are experiencing issues with your batteries but we can only process warranty service if the part will fall within the warranty period. Once you are out of the warranty period, we can no longer provide warranty service as the lifespan of your unit will depend on the totality of how it was used and all, however, we will continue providing paid repair services for an out-of-warranty product. We hope you can understand that every electronic product has a certain warranty period. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thank you.
2019-12-26
Use props
Alan77505
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058789 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's ridiculous that batteries from 2018 would be failing already like they are.  I had the same problem with Phantom 4 pro batteries.  It's not like these batteries are inexpensive.
2019-12-26
Use props
rramjet
lvl.1

United States

Alan77505 Posted at 12-26 15:14
It's ridiculous that batteries from 2018 would be failing already like they are.  I had the same problem with Phantom 4 pro batteries.  It's not like these batteries are inexpensive.

Not sure if these are Lithium batteries but if so puffing is common if the batteries are left fully charged over time. Same thing happens to Lithium batteries we use in RC cars.
2019-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules