2169 9 2019-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tyler947
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3878802 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've been having consistent issues with the setting menu (top right 3 lines button) lagging to open after being tapped for about 4-5 seconds . I've done a factory reset and made sure to have nothing else running in the background but I still have the issue. It is very frustrating as it acts like it was not tapped then if you tap it again it will just close after finally opening about 5 seconds later. This is not an issue if using the standard RC and my phone or tablet.

I have the latest firmware and avoid screen recording due to lag issues - it is acting as if the ram is over loaded and delaying loading after tapping a button on the screen.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Suggestions?

Thanks.

2019-12-26
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Try using a tablet type stylus just to see if that works quickly and smoothly. If it does and your fingers don't, it's likely a moisture/conductivity issue. I have very dry hands and it happens to me frequently. I just warm them up and use some no-greasy hand cream.
2019-12-26
Use props
tyler947
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

EFRPIC Posted at 12-26 13:42
Try using a tablet type stylus just to see if that works quickly and smoothly. If it does and your fingers don't, it's likely a moisture/conductivity issue. I have very dry hands and it happens to me frequently. I just warm them up and use some no-greasy hand cream.

Yeah it is not a sensitivity issue, in the developer options I turned on the option to see taps to know that the input is being detected - that is not an issue. It detects the tap, but 5-6 seconds pass before the setting menu opens.

Update: I just did a firmware refresh with DJI Assistant for Mavic and right now the lag issue is not noticeable (with my M2P on the floor). I'll do a test flight and a screen recording showing the tap & delay if it continues.
2019-12-26
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

HI, I'm going to keep saying this till DJI sort it out "IT REQUIRES A FIRMWARE UPDATE", I have the same issue, it was ok when I first got the SC but after a firmware update I experience lag from time to time, its a pain in the ass! there was a promise of a Firmware update at the end of November but alas nothing, some are saying that it does not need a firmware update but it begs the question why is there a Beta being tested.
2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the performance issue. I would recommend to please try doing a firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 and please follow the steps on this video. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-12-27
Use props
tyler947
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-12-27 10:20
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the performance issue. I would recommend to please try doing a firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 and please follow the steps on this video. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tnlBifYD8E

The firmware refresh seems to have solved this issue for now.
2020-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

tyler947 Posted at 1-11 12:12
The firmware refresh seems to have solved this issue for now.

Hi. Thank you for the update. I am happy to know that the firmware refresh resolved the issue. If yo have further concern or inquiry please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are to help, Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-13
Use props
staffydog123gmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1211171 ft
United Kingdom

Yep my smart controller is exactly the same
2021-4-18
Use props
fans9444e3c9
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hi Friends,
The issue I am facing is the controls to control the drone is not thst effective. Trying to move the drone up and down or forward and back, it is not as quick. Even when the drone is in quick proximity.
Any suggestions please.
2022-3-26
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DJI Paladin, I am using Smart Controller with RC Firmware 01.01.0064 and APP 1.6.1 to fly the Mini2.  I have the problem from time to time of
after I tap something to go or do something, there is a slight pause, longer than normal, I have noticed that the Home Point area updates quit often
but takes a little while, and I was wondering IF that is what slows things down, also if there is a way to correct this annoyance?
2022-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules