will the spark active track ?
4735 11 2019-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glo1man
New

United States

Hi All!!! want to introduce myself, Hoping to learn lots and get active once i learn and pass on the knowledge as well. Done the same on Diesel forums, ATV mx forums thru out the years, and will be that same guy here!
I wish to get into the DJI line but being a newbie I was thinking o going for a Spark which I see a few places still have them for sale, but I would have to get a controller, extra batter, charging cable.... so at the end i would be in about $600 vs the obvious Mavic Air starting at $900 with out the extras.

My question: Single dad of 3, and ona budget. should I get the spark since on the side by side comparison honestly seems the Air had 5 more mintues, and a few more sensors.
My No#1 reason is to finda drone that can follow me while I ride mx dirt bike!!! por my ATV. Can the spark do that? If so do i have to carry the remote with me ? Iam new to this guys n Gals and believe me I googled for 2 days already and i get limited answers so I decided to ask straight up on the No.#1 place! here! only found the Air dog has a leash type device that goes around my wrist and will follow me. But thats anothe company and way out of price range @ $1500.

Hope you all help me with this .
Thanks
2019-12-26
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Honestly?

"My No#1 reason is to find a drone that can follow me while I ride mx dirt bike!!! or my ATV."

Get a skydio 2!

Even if it is a bigger hole in your wallet, ....!
2019-12-26
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Spark can but it doesn't do it very well, it's more for walking pace

The Mavic air is not much better, I think you will be disappointed

2019-12-27
Use props
Glo1man
New

United States

Wow thanks for the support. I may just get the spark because there are so many used available and even New and I a am a first time drone! But thanks for all the advice champs!
2019-12-27
Use props
Glo1man
New

United States

that skydio 2 is really good for tracking but seems the non cinematic lens is the only down side after the extra on controller batteries etc... But I will compare the loss of lens quality although I may have to end up with two drones eventually which is What I didn't want ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5vORTlJz5I
2019-12-27
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to the ActiveTrack of the DJI Spark. The said drone can track an object at maximum speed of 6 m/s under P-mode. However, If the the speed of the object is beyond 6 m/s the drone may lose subject then the drone hovers in place. If you have further inquiry and concern, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.
2019-12-27
Use props
Glo1man
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-27 12:15
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to the ActiveTrack of the DJI Spark. The said drone can track an object at maximum speed of 6 m/s under P-mode. However, If the the speed of the object is beyond 6 m/s the drone may lose subject then the drone hovers in place. If you have further inquiry and concern, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.

Thanks so much... ill be back soon picking up a used spark tommorow evening. Any thing I should test other than flying? or look for when buying used ? he claims no accidents, 1.5 yrs old , used about 10 times.
2019-12-28
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Glo1man Posted at 12-28 21:30
Thanks so much... ill be back soon picking up a used spark tommorow evening. Any thing I should test other than flying? or look for when buying used ? he claims no accidents, 1.5 yrs old , used about 10 times.

check the battery log(how many times charged, in the app, connected to the spark)

And the age of the battery/ies
http://tools.retroroms.info/
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Glo1man Posted at 12-28 21:30

Thank you for the additional inquiry. Please try calibrating the drone to check if all modules are working. Try to refresh/update the firmware of the said drone using the DJI Assistant 2 and finally please do a test flight to check if all functions of the drone are working. Thank you.
2019-12-31
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Active tracking is not a simple question: Cheap drones follow only optical mode and when something obstructs the target they stop, they have no proper obstacle detection so they can only fly at higher altitudes, otherwise they can collide and only follow at low speed. The sport you mention will definitely require an expensive drone (or a cheap drone and a pilot). In terms of price and tracking knowledge, I would recommend Skydio2 as well. It can track at high speeds, even at low altitude, bypassing all landmarks and using a small tool (beacon), even when a landmark obscures you. Even the much more expensive DJI machines can't do that right now. Spark is a cute machine, but it is not suitable for this purpose.

2019-12-31
Use props
Robert2345
lvl.2
Pakistan

let me know if you found right answer
2020-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules