Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini CE - LOW SIGNAL RISK
5359 17 2019-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rossosat

Italy

I live in small town in italy but there are too many interferences in 2.4 ghz, so the mavic switch to 5.8ghz.

With this band the signal is poor and unstable due to low signal strenght.
This is not secure and i hope in firmware update, i dont want sell CE version and buy FCC version and do GPS spoof, is not legal....but my mavic mini isnt good item with this problem for 560 € spend, is not a kid toy.

Another things can be modify the mavic mini's controller to apply a booster, you don't used the SMA connector for antennas (to prevent this) so the people need to disassembly the controller and maybe can damage it and also void warranty. This is not possible spend too much money for this item and can't have good signal ( im talking about fly over town where is legal ).
The signal in places that where there aren't interferences is very good, not like the FCC version but is stable and u can fly in security without risk. Please make a solution for us.
Thank you

2019-12-27
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried the parabolic antenna reflectors, they are cheap to try and they might increase your range in 5.8ghz

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 9ee4ee0118663f2ac8e
2019-12-27
Use props
Tomislav1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60988 ft
Sweden

I am from Croatia and have same problem,my Mini lose signal at onley 10 meters altittude and i experienced "Rc signal lost" and white&black screan in my small town,so i am alsoo so desapointed.I spend half off my monts pay to buy DJI product and now i am afraid to fly with hem....
Screenshot_20191221_183041_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
2019-12-27
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Tomislav1981 Posted at 12-27 06:39
I am from Croatia and have same problem,my Mini lose signal at onley 10 meters altittude and i experienced "Rc signal lost" and white&black screan in my small town,so i am alsoo so desapointed.I spend half off my monts pay to buy DJI product and now i am afraid to fly with hem....

Did you have the antenna extended at 70-80 degrees to the controller, so the long flat side faces the drone ?

Is the drone transmission setting in DJI Fly  on auto, so it automatically selects the frequency with the lowest interference, in the DJI Fly transmission section there is a small graph of the frequencies , is this showing much inteference on 5.8ghz channels ?

Can you try and fly in a park or open space, maybe there are a lot of houses in your street with strong wi-fi networks, but most of these should be 2.4ghz so interefence on 5.8ghz should be nothing

2019-12-27
Use props
Rossosat

Italy

lannes Posted at 12-27 06:09
Have you tried the parabolic antenna reflectors, they are cheap to try and they might increase your range in 5.8ghz

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072HFCC2S/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=wuzzupallen-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B072HFCC2S&linkId=90704b377e3aa9ee4ee0118663f2ac8e

is in order on amazon
2019-12-27
Use props
Rossosat

Italy

lannes Posted at 12-27 06:58
Did you have the antenna extended at 70-80 degrees to the controller, so the long flat side faces the drone ?

Is the drone transmission setting in DJI Fly  on auto, so it automatically selects the frequency with the lowest interference, in the DJI Fly transmission section there is a small graph of the frequencies , is this showing much inteference on 5.8ghz channels ?

the 5.8 ghz is ok and without interferences but signal is not strong, is very poor
2019-12-27
Use props
Smark
Captain
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

I have a U.S. version and the connectivity is also poor. Hoping for firmware fix. Scared to fly.
2019-12-27
Use props
Rossosat

Italy

Smark Posted at 12-27 09:49
I have a U.S. version and the connectivity is also poor. Hoping for firmware fix. Scared to fly.

the FCC US version if used in europe lowers the signal to comply with the law but still remains more powerful than the CE version. Did you understand?
2019-12-27
Use props
Rossosat

Italy

What about the ALIENTECH PRO 5.8G Antenna Booster and ALIENTECH PRO 2.4G Antenna Booster ?
2019-12-28
Use props
fificap
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55531 ft
France

Try airplane mode in your phone if not already done!
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Rossosat Posted at 12-28 02:33
What about the ALIENTECH PRO 5.8G Antenna Booster and ALIENTECH PRO 2.4G Antenna Booster ?

All of their video tests are using the Mavic Pro, which already has great range out of the box because of it's Ocusync system, it should go 7km without antenna modification.

I use the Titan Antenna's from Command Case, which have a amplified antenna option, but I have not done the conversion on the Mini RC just yet.

Converting your RC, voids all your warranties/ DJI refresh and makes it very hard to resell your Mini
2019-12-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

fificap Posted at 12-28 02:43
Try airplane mode in your phone if not already done!

+1 for this, 10 meters is way too low.
2019-12-28
Use props
Tomislav1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60988 ft
Sweden

lannes Posted at 12-27 06:58

Is the drone transmission setting in DJI Fly  on auto, so it automatically selects the frequency with the lowest interference, in the DJI Fly transmission section there is a small graph of the frequencies , is this showing much inteference on 5.8ghz channels ?

Yess i flat out antenas,and my frequenci is allways on auto and nothing help.I try on several diferent locations and problem remains.The furder that i gone was about 30 meters away from me and altitude off 15 meters.I always make sure that i point antenas directly to my drone.I hawe 2 years off drone flying experience with other brands and never have a problem,till i buy Mavic Mini.
My other  5,8 ghz cheaper drones fly's with no problem at exact spot where Mavic Mini loses signal.
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Tomislav1981 Posted at 12-28 06:54
Yess i flat out antenas,and my frequenci is allways on auto and nothing help.I try on several diferent locations and problem remains.The furder that i gone was about 30 meters away from me and altitude off 15 meters.I always make sure that i point antenas directly to my drone.I hawe 2 years off drone flying experience with other brands and never have a problem,till i buy Mavic Mini.
My other  5,8 ghz cheaper drones fly's with no problem at exact spot where Mavic Mini loses signal.

Have you tried re-binding the RC to the AC

Deleting and reinstalling the DJI Fly app

Turning on the airplane mode in your phone

In the DJI Fly app, in the safety menu, what altitude and distance have you set ?

Also in safety/advance settings have you turned off the "Payload mode"

2019-12-28
Use props
Rossosat

Italy

let's not fool ourselves, stop joking. The problem is that in most European states even in small cities there is too much interference on 2.4 Ghz. DJI to comply with the European regulation has weakened the signal too much making the 5.8ghz useless. No interference on 5.8 ghz but you can not move away if you lose control of the drone risking to cause damage to things and people. Losing the signal at a wrong time is very dangerous, and if this happens with the drone on sight it is unfair for the money spent
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_cGdGFFbPy8N3
New

India

Same issue here. Flying in India at the moment and max 30m altitude and 100m from antennae before video goes choppy and freezes, then displays weak signal. Can't be any interference here.

Definitely gives lack of confidence when flying, and unfortunately produces choppy video when flying as a result.
2020-2-19
Use props
m80116
Captain
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I agree. The CE version on the 5.8 GHz uses a ridiculously small amonut of transmission power, doesn't go further than quite close in line of sight and is completely blocked by sparse foliage. I kind of feel it's not using all the legal allowed power or if it does it's far from exploiting it to its full extent.
2020-2-20
Use props
djiuser_dcdU5PV3nKGJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31266 ft
Vietnam

sd25 (CE) version is really bad
I only use one time and the space is only about 150m
What does dji do to fix the frequency and fly farther than 2km at 2.4g
I am disappointed with SD25 (CE)

2020-2-21
Use props