17349 38 2019-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
metiu14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133724 ft
Italy

Good morning,
I have a problem with the Official Tello application, I can't record videos. The recording timer starts and ends regularly, but when I go to look for the recorded video there is nothing.
My phone is a 3a pixel updated to android 10.
I tried with my old phone, One plus X, updated to Android 6 and it works properly.
The version of the app installed is 1.4 while the latest available firmware is installed on the Tello.
I have already tried to uninstall, restart the phone and install again, but the problem remains. I checked the permissions and they are all ok.
Thanks for your help
Yours sincerely
Matteo

2019-12-27
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hello Matteo, can your device record the pictures?  
If yes, you can check the Phone gallery--- others, there are two folders called Tello_photo and Tello_video. The pictures and videos will save in these folders.
If no, please confirm whether the saving permission in the Phone setting--- Application--- Tello App--- Permission, has been allowed. Please allow it, then re-open the APP and take a new video.
Hope my answer can help you. Thanks a lot.
2019-12-28
Use props
metiu14
lvl.2
Italy

RYZE Posted at 12-28 04:20
Hello Matteo, can your device record the pictures?  
If yes, you can check the Phone gallery--- others, there are two folders called Tello_photo and Tello_video. The pictures and videos will save in these folders.
If no, please confirm whether the saving permission in the Phone setting--- Application--- Tello App--- Permission, has been allowed. Please allow it, then re-open the APP and take a new video.

Hello and thanks for the reply.
The photos are saved regularly in the pictures / tellophoto folder.  The videos, on the other hand, should be saved in the TelloVideo folder, unfortunately in the folder after recording the video, only a few kb mp4 file that cannot be played appears.  
As for authorizations, both are allowed, both localization and archiving.  I think the problem depends on android 10, unfortunately I don't have a solution.
2019-12-28
Use props
metiu14
lvl.2
Italy

It seems that the Tello app is not allowed to write to the TelloVideo folder located directly in the root of the phone.  The images instead are written because they are not in the root of the phone.  By trying third-party apps, videos are recorded and saved correctly in the DCIM folder.  I ask the developers of the official app of Tello to correct and give the possibility to the user to choose the saving path of the videos, it could solve the problem with Android 10. Thanks
2020-1-5
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

metiu14 Posted at 1-5 06:03
It seems that the Tello app is not allowed to write to the TelloVideo folder located directly in the root of the phone.  The images instead are written because they are not in the root of the phone.  By trying third-party apps, videos are recorded and saved correctly in the DCIM folder.  I ask the developers of the official app of Tello to correct and give the possibility to the user to choose the saving path of the videos, it could solve the problem with Android 10. Thanks

Thanks for your testing, Matteo.
We will send this issue to our R&D team to further analyze. Could you please send us the screenshot of the Android version in your pixel 3? We also need to send the device info to our engineer.
Thanks a lot.
2020-1-6
Use props
metiu14
lvl.2
Italy

Thank you for reply.
Screenshot_20200107-082133~2.png
2020-1-6
Use props
Trelfar
lvl.1
United States

New Tello owner here, same problem for me on a Pixel 4 using Android 10 (Build number QQ1B.200205.002). Is there any update on this issue?
2020-2-22
Use props
Lorenzo Bassi
New

Italy

Same problem on my pixel 3A, any update?

2020-3-28
Use props
djiuser_fE0DDwDYFT7Y
New

Czechia

Same issue. Android 10 and pixel 3a
2020-3-28
Use props
djiuser_oVEXP73WvpRx
New

Australia

Same on my pixel 3a. Would be cool to see a fix!
2020-3-30
Use props
LockdownUK
New

United Kingdom

Any updates on this I also have a Google Pixel 3a Android, latest updates - no video recordings only photos, I have the Tellophoto Folder only and no videos being recorded to phone at all :-(
2020-4-8
Use props
techguru314
New

United States

Same issue. Android 10, Pixel 3. Any update?
2020-4-9
Use props
de-es
New

Australia

Had to create yet another forum account after not getting any useful info from support chat - same issue here, Pixel 4 XL, Anrdoid 10 with April security update

Storage Permissions all granted, I'm able to save photos (/Pictures/TelloPhoto), but no videos ever get saved to /TelloVideo (but the folder gets created OK)

It works on my old Pixel 2 XL which I had to dust off to test, but doesn't on my current phone.

I was told that "it's not in the supported phones list" and there's no info on when that'd be fixed and if I want I can return the drone for a refund. Feels like a joke tbh. What company even does apps which only work with certain devices? How does a company do such a bad job?

Seeing as this thread has been open since December last year, should I just return the device? How do we get answers for this? I really enjoy playing with the drone but this isn't acceptable

Anyone knows of a way to get any logs off the app?
2020-4-19
Use props
de-es
New

Australia

Alright so I did some digging and it's nothing to do with permissions, seems that the app fails to encode the video properly

On Pixel 2 I can see logs containing OMXMaster, OMX-VENC, OMXNodeInstance, C2DColorConvert and seems that MediaProvider is able to add the file to DB correctly (file has size, resolution, etc)

On Pixel 4 (and Pixel 3 I guess) there are no such entries in logs, there's QC2Comp, QC2CompStore, QC2V4l2Driver, QC2V4l2Codec, MPEG4Writer and EvtQ_c2.qti.avc and seems that the encode fails and results in an empty file which is why it never shows up. MediaProvider scans it as all-NULL file

It's not permissions issue, it's an encoder issue

Dear DJI/Ryze Robotics, when can we expect a fix? It's been 4 months since reporting it and almost 2 years since Pixel 3 release

2020-4-19
Use props
timmmmeh
New

Canada

Anyone have an update on this? I've got a Pixel 3a, and just got my very first drone - and can't record video.

Very frustrated.
2020-5-5
Use props
tellodrew
New

Canada

I have the exact same problem here with a Pixel 4 XL.

Any update ?
2020-5-5
Use props
David Badlin
New

Israel

Same issue with Google pixel 4
2020-5-27
Use props
rlimagon
lvl.1

Brazil

Same here, Pixel 4 XL owner, updated to the latest possible Android version (June 5 2020 security patch), Tello also updated to latest firmware.
Got my Tello today and already quite disappointed about it because of this unacceptable issue.
It seems obvious that this is a general problem with Pixel phones, since all of us are Pixel users facing the same problem.
Also, it seems that DJI does not care as its been SIX MONTHS since the first post of this topic and so far no concrete answer.
Really?!
2020-6-3
Use props
rlimagon
lvl.1

Brazil

Found a work around: use a third party app such as Tello FPV - Control the Ryze Tello drone FPV + RTH (Play Store). Thankfully someone more capable than DJI found a solution to save the video files within Android (I would guess that this is basic, but that't just me).
2020-6-4
Use props
Евгений Кислый
New

Germany

Same here. Plus one for solving this problem please
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_ddjHtWA4fL3S
New

Germany

I got the exact same issue on a Pixel 3xl
2020-7-31
Use props
djiuser_B9FLXgdV6O74
New

Italy

I have the same problem with my Pixel 3a. Are there any news about the solution?
2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_Ar0gQr7kDwJm
New

Singapore

Same problem here. Any news of this will be fixed for Google pixel 4 phones?
2020-8-16
Use props
djiuser_qgxk3BZdfqyz
New

Germany

I have bought a new tello and have Pixel 3a XL and also facing the same problem.
Photos are getting saved but no tellovideo folder created.
2020-8-27
Use props
djiuser_snAYf49HSITz
New

Italy

Same issue with my Pixel 4 and Tello Edu, I will end up doing my own video recording app...
2020-9-14
Use props
Snoopy3
New

Ireland

Same issue with pixel 3a. Takes photos and saves them and looks like it is recording video but then doesn't actually save them. Android 10 all permission granted, tried reinstalling etc. I think I might try response #19 on this list.
2020-9-24
Use props
djiuser_xSROtWhsNz6u
New

United States

Exact same issue, google pixel 4xl, running Android 11, version RQ1A.210105.003
2021-1-20
Use props
Kapish
lvl.1

United States

Exact same issue on Pixel 3A. Super dissapointing
2021-1-21
Use props
Kapish
lvl.1

United States

About to just buy the Tello FPV app...
2021-1-21
Use props
Kapish
lvl.1

United States

timmmmeh Posted at 2020-5-5 06:37
Anyone have an update on this? I've got a Pixel 3a, and just got my very first drone - and can't record video.

Very frustrated.

My entire experience with DJI has been a ... hole.
2021-1-22
Use props
Kapish
lvl.1

United States

rlimagon Posted at 2020-6-4 08:03
Found a work around: use a third party app such as Tello FPV - Control the Ryze Tello drone FPV + RTH (Play Store). Thankfully someone more capable than DJI found a solution to save the video files within Android (I would guess that this is basic, but that't just me).

Seems like a basic dev issue. Just sucks that DJI is going to force us to pay for a third party app just to use the drone.
2021-1-22
Use props
darkroom7734
New
Flight distance : 5194 ft
United States

And my tello wont record video on my iphone 12 pro max apparently and it has permission and yes it records pictures
2021-11-14
Use props
darkroom7734
New
United States

Kapish Posted at 1-22 00:26
Seems like a basic dev issue. Just sucks that DJI is going to force us to pay for a third party app just to use the drone.

yep good old DJI>>>>never again for me
2021-11-14
Use props
darkroom7734
New
United States

isd anyone at ryse or dji listening or do you even care?
2021-11-14
Use props
djiuser_MLLzda7aCMcW
New

United States

I have the same issue. The Tello Drone app can't save videos, but can save pictures in my Google Pixel 3a phone. Reading in this thread I can see that this is an app issue. Someone said that other apps can do this, but the official app can't.
The bug seems to happen in Google Pixel 3a. In my IPhone the Tello can save videos, but I don't want to use the IPhone because it loses communication, unlike the Android. So I can lose my drone when flying. But that is another story.
In the Google Pixel 3a I can see the TelloPictures folder but not the TelloVideos folders. This seems like an easy bug fix in the app. I can see that many customers are hitting this bug. Please increase the priority of this bug fix to avoid losing customers. Thanks
2022-1-8
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2022-3-5
Use props
fans7fd61213
New
United Kingdom

same problem here,on iphone 12  recorded last week now nothing?? Ryze sort this out!????? I got 2 Tello’s both are same!!!!!??????
2022-7-10
Use props
fans7fd61213
New
United Kingdom

Same problem here with iphone 12, had video last week now nothing, photos ok no video??? Is this a typical Ryze/dji problem?? All going fine then nothing!?
2022-7-10
Use props
carloscampesino
New

Mexico

Encontré la solución a poder grabar video con mi Pixel 4 (android obvio)
tuve que comprar esta app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volatello.tellofpv&hl=en_US

Espero que les sirva, es mucho más completa que la app oficial de DJI Ryze

Carlos.
2023-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules