850 8 2019-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k_hargy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51624 ft
  • >>>
United States

Around the 18s mark there is a noticeable camera jerk, I'm still pretty new to this but so far this is the only time I've noticed something like that. Is that just a random fluke? It was kinda windy... or is it just something that happens occasionally?

2019-12-27
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That is definitely a gimbal movement that is not caused by the wind, it could be a once off.

If it keeps happening then I'd try a gimbal calibration which is in the control menu of DJI Fly
2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to perform a gimbal calibration to see if the problem persists? Also, can you please try to fly in a different location with a small amount of wind to see if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-12-27
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

This may also be the effect if the drone suddenly stops. I had a similar effect when I flew backwards in sportmode and suddenly stopped. So now I always make the braking soft. Or maybe it is a side effect if the gimbal upwards movement is permitted (gimbal settings menu)
2019-12-27
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51624 ft
  • >>>
United States

jonny007 Posted at 12-27 16:21
This may also be the effect if the drone suddenly stops. I had a similar effect when I flew backwards in sportmode and suddenly stopped. So now I always make the braking soft. Or maybe it is a side effect if the gimbal upwards movement is permitted (gimbal settings menu)

Yea, that sounds reasonable, but I'd expect the quickshot to fly in such a way to avoid that.
2019-12-29
Use props
JeremyFr79
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141637 ft
United States

it's the wind, I've experienced both vertical and horizontal "jerks" of the gimbal in windy conditions, the gimbal is small and not super strong so it's more susceptive to unwanted movement.
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JeremyFr79 Posted at 12-29 09:44
it's the wind, I've experienced both vertical and horizontal "jerks" of the gimbal in windy conditions, the gimbal is small and not super strong so it's more susceptive to unwanted movement.

It could be for sure, since I fly without the prop guards I haven't experienced again.
2019-12-30
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

k_hargy Posted at 12-29 09:35
Yea, that sounds reasonable, but I'd expect the quickshot to fly in such a way to avoid that.

Ah ok, you are right, I read later that the incident happened in quick shot mode, I thought you climbed manually and then suddenly braked.
I cannot confirm that the gimbal generally makes uncontrolled movements due to the wind. As I said, I only had the stuttering when I braked suddenly. This sudden change of movement seems to be too fast for the gimbal. Ok, I would say try a quickshot again. If it works, then it may have been a little nasty ;-) gust of wind.
2019-12-30
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
Did you take control before the quickshot finished? Were you using the guards when this was taken?
2019-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules