2140 11 2019-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bfindlay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 431594 ft
Canada

Hi all,

I just ordered my DJI Mavic Mini  and am hoping to receive it in the next few days.  I have been working  on an excel spreadsheet that will help me in tracking my own personal  drone flight time as well as logging air time for the aircraft.

I  am curious as to what others have been doing to log their flight time  aside from the DJI Fly app logging time.  Its always a good idea to have  a backup copy.

- Blake
2019-12-27
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

My advice: don't obsess over it.  First, just have fun learning.  Before getting my first DJI aircraft I attempted many different machines, pretty much all pitiful.  As you get better, you can fly devices that are harder and harder to fly.  But craft like the MM make it easy to learn.  I thin you will enjoy it immensely.
2019-12-28
Use props
bfindlay
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks for the advice John.  Looking forward to getting it
2019-12-28
Use props
Sirius99
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I use Airdata .... free account is all you need as a newbie (I too am a noob) ..

2020-1-2
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have logged all my flights in an excel spreadsheet since 2012, one tab for each year.
2020-1-5
Use props
BRQ7O
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57884 ft
United States

what is the point for log it? Noob here ...
2020-1-12
Use props
bfindlay
lvl.2
Canada

BRQ7O Posted at 1-12 08:57
what is the point for log it? Noob here ...

Good question!  It all depends where you live but for us in Canada and I believe the US as well, it is required technically to log all your drone flight both for the aircraft and yourself personally.  Now in reality most people probably don't but it's something I do simply because I want to and like to keep things organized.

Hope that helps a little
2020-1-12
Use props
BRQ7O
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57884 ft
United States

Ok, thank you, will revise that.
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_EiATJcb53BRk
New

United States

Thank you for the amazing post! I am really happy to discover the drone flights. You can get your projects within deadline from the experts. Call +14235002312
info@dreamassigment.com
2020-1-14
Use props
iGator
lvl.1

United States

I found an article online that says Part 107 remote pilots are not required by law in the US to log their flights but it is a good idea to do so for several reasons. The link follows:
https://www.thedroneu.com/blog/how-to-log-and-keep-track-of-your-drone-flights/
2020-1-25
Use props
red squirrel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55610 ft
United States

I’ve been using the free version of the app kittyhawk.  It keeps my checklists, logs the flights, gets LAANC authorizations that I can link to my logs, and allows me to monitor battery cycles, and I suppose I could log service in there too.  I’ve found it a little buggy and crash-prone on my device but it’s good enough for my purposes.
2020-2-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

In case, you want "a copy" of the cloud data, or not save to the DJI cloud: save/copy your flight records from the device to a computer/HDD/SSD ;-) Or/and get a  phantom help account, or one from airdata, and save in there clouds
2020-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules