Mavic mini Not Enough Force/ESC Error
3944 12 2019-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bzOWJsODYmNP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325 ft

Sweden

Hi my Mavic mini nearly crashed. Not Enough Force/ESC Error. And it started to drift and behaved really weird. And a lot of other errors as well..max power load reached, Motor error check propellers. And sensor error gps module.

Flight log: https://app.airdata.com/share/pRVebt

Please help me. I don’t now what to do.. I want to fly it safe but I don’t trust it anymore.

/Best regards, Hampus Jonsson
2019-12-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Hampus Jonsson. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini and thank you for reaching out. May I know if the said drone had a hard landing or a crash before the ESC error message showed up and have your tried to refresh the firmware of the said drone? With regards to the error message " max power load reached " does this message happen every time you fly your drone? Please keep us posted for us to assist you further. Thank you.
2019-12-28
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

First of all starting the flight with only 8 satellites was bad idea, then flying at -6 degrees at 5m/s wind is a NO. This drone is like a wigs of a butterfly, one mistake and its gone.
That was a close call lol,
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_bzOWJsODYmNP
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-28 10:55
Hello and good day Hampus Jonsson. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini and thank you for reaching out. May I know if the said drone had a hard landing or a crash before the ESC error message showed up and have your tried to refresh the firmware of the said drone? With regards to the error message " max power load reached " does this message happen every time you fly your drone? Please keep us posted for us to assist you further. Thank you.

Hi, I have never crashed it. It’s the third time I was flying it, not even a hard landing. No I have not refreshed the firmware. And it does not happen every time. But I read a lot about this problem and it seems I am far from alone to have this problem.  

And it not the only problem. What about the motor error and gps module error?
A9E38579-44F3-402A-9CA5-87C61A33B3C2.png
AD27A345-D422-4B4A-8D62-BF1A9D4B078A.png
2019-12-28
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

Looking at your log. temperature was -5.7c about 22f. Way below the minimum recommended temperature to fly..
That can cause battery issues which *can* explain your error message. Strange thouge, only the "esc error" apears in the log. Can't find "motor error" in the log.
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_bzOWJsODYmNP
lvl.1

Sweden

the1shark Posted at 12-28 12:40
Looking at your log. temperature was -5.7c about 22f. Way below the minimum recommended temperature to fly..
That can cause battery issues which *can* explain your error message. Strange thouge, only the "esc error" apears in the log. Can't find "motor error" in the log.

Yes I now it’s really strange that it does not show up in the flight log. But battery temp was about 30 Celsius. And I was having the battery in warm environment before flying.
2019-12-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flightlog.

Low sat count to start but after while satellites enough and good reception, that`s the problem for this flight.

Flying at minus 6 is for a MM hard work for a 2 cell battery. NotEnoughPower is shown when MM needs lot of power and sometimes all it can deliver.
Not a real problem imo, just a MM 'issue'. With higher outside temps you will not see this error much i think.TIP : if you fly the second battery, keep them at you so the batt is at body temperature.

For 1.5 sec some GpsNonPosition errors, probably reason for drifting away some distance and the GPS error message.
Just restart and check the next flight. Cold temp can do funny things to hardware so mayby also a temp issue.

Shortly after takeoff i see your craft heading change from 111 to 170 in a split second, not due to yaw RC input. This at height of 12 meters, could be a compass issue, did you start from concrete or near metal objects? see my chart for the HDG column.

At the end of the flight your MM looses height....so not enough power to keep it in the air!
Happily you did land the craft in a safe way.
Many happy landings,
Cheers JJB

analysis1.png
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_bzOWJsODYmNP
lvl.1

Sweden

JJB* Posted at 12-28 12:54
Hi,

Had a look at your flightlog.
[Image]

Thanks! But what about the gps module error?
2019-12-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_bzOWJsODYmNP Posted at 12-28 13:04
Thanks! But what about the gps module error?

Do not really know, but as the DJI solution is ti restart the aircraft not that serious.
Just see he next flights.

There was a Postion Mismatch, or this triggers the SW to inform you about GPS module error or the module error was the first error and hence the position mismatch.

Cold temp and too little power usable for electronics can do weird things.

So my advice ; keep on flying and watch it carefully.

cheers
JJB
2019-12-29
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Russia

First of all just make a software update! I had the same messages on 200 firmware but after upgrade tp.300 seems its ok now
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_Fn40wW0TAXd3
New
Flight distance : 24767 ft
Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-28 10:55

Hi All,

I have got brandnew mavic mini, everything is fine with drone, but today show me the one error message, without flighting problem....

I checked the propellers and others. I do not see any problem with drone.

I use the latest FW.
I dont see strong wind alarm.
The drone land without problem
I attached the pic. About the problem.
I see this message only 2 sec.

Need to know something about this problem?

Can i use my drone normally?

THX in advance the support.

B.R.
Tamas MAROTI

2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_bzOWJsODYmNP
lvl.1

Sweden

It was a new battery update available. I updated it and no error anymore. And it was really cold outside and stress tested it in sport mode with full power up and forward and no error at all. It’s a really common error but DJI maybe has fixed it now. Just google the problem I had and you will se I am far from alone with esc errors..
2019-12-29
Use props
HowFixIT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 393435 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

The error most often occurs in high winds, but it can be due to a worn battery or a faulty ESC module. If you exclude the obstacle of strong winds, charge the battery and update the software, but the ESС error appears again, then the hardware error is the fastest and you need to replace ESC board.
Maybe the video tutorial below will be useful if your warranty on the drone service is over.

2020-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules