Possible drone or bird striking and airline.
1034 12 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/28/us/delta-flight-returns-to-austin/index.html

Imagine if they found Mavic Mini parts where the damage is.. the FAA is going to be mad.

2019-12-29
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

If it was finally caused by drones, it is certainly very bad news for those of us who love and RESPECT this healthy hobby. Due to IRRESPONSIBLE people, we pay the rest. We are not yet aware of these problems, we continue to see people who carry drone WITHOUT OBSERVERS more than 3000 or 4000 meters away, or who perform maximum altitude tests, this being a HIGH risk for safety.
Definitely, sad news for this beautiful and wonderful hobby.
No wonder they have to harden the laws more.
2019-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its so annoying that they automatically chuck drone into the mix.
2019-12-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quick read of local Austin, Texas TV and news accounts say due to mechanical issue possibly a bird strike.  But when the national news media picked up on it the word drone was added.  It always amazes me how news journalist can sensationalize something to make it more appealing to read or watch without regard to whether it is the "truth" or not.  "Bird strike not strong enough so let's toss in Drone to get people to read it and think it was a drone vice a natural act of a bird ingested in a motor".  Bird strikes were common around military bases with heavy flight patterns.  Has anybody ever seen or proven a 100% true drone striking an aircraft or getting ingested by a jet engine?  

Sorry, rant over.  
2019-12-29
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The day that the drone hits the plane is the day we finally log out.
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this news link with us. Let us all follow the rules and regulations at all time when operating or flying our drones and we should not put our self interest over the safety of people around us when operating or flying our drones. Thank you.
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JM.REYES Posted at 12-29 01:59
If it was finally caused by drones, it is certainly very bad news for those of us who love and RESPECT this healthy hobby. Due to IRRESPONSIBLE people, we pay the rest. We are not yet aware of these problems, we continue to see people who carry drone WITHOUT OBSERVERS more than 3000 or 4000 meters away, or who perform maximum altitude tests, this being a HIGH risk for safety.
Definitely, sad news for this beautiful and wonderful hobby.
No wonder they have to harden the laws more.

I agree 100% there.
The news are sensationalist and we know that, but care must be taken.
2019-12-29
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

Look at how the media destroyed the vaping industry. So apparently the initial reports are that it was birds. They are just throwing the "well it could have been a drone" aspect in there. Hell, it could have been my fairy godmother but it's doubtful. This is the very reason I have a small news organization. Someone has to rebuttal their lies and misinformation.
2019-12-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Watchman News Posted at 12-29 10:42
Look at how the media destroyed the vaping industry. So apparently the initial reports are that it was birds. They are just throwing the "well it could have been a drone" aspect in there. Hell, it could have been my fairy godmother but it's doubtful. This is the very reason I have a small news organization. Someone has to rebuttal their lies and misinformation.

agreed.  and then some in the drone community takes it one step further and claims someone could have lost their life and something need to be done....NOW!

before this thread is done there will be calls from the drone community to tighten the drone laws, double the fines, restrict the flying even further, and punish everyone who makes a mistake or has an accident.
2019-12-29
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-29 11:27
agreed.  and then some in the drone community takes it one step further and claims someone could have lost their life and something need to be done....NOW!

before this thread is done there will be calls from the drone community to tighten the drone laws, double the fines, restrict the flying even further, and punish everyone who makes a mistake or has an accident.

We had the same thing in the vaping community. Years ago someone started the rhetoric (I have my suspicions it was the FDA itself) that there was a huge danger if the e-liquid wasn't manufactured in what they call clean rooms which is a sterile facility much like an operating room. They had people in the vaping community fear mongered to death and demanding it. Some people just want to be led and controlled like sheep. I think we should remove the warning labels off everything and let nature eliminate those people. LMAO
2019-12-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-29 11:27

People lose their lives over many reasons but when people choose to focus in mass for one thing, people demand action.  A mass shooting took place in a party at night, no one cares as much as if it were a school with Half the people or less involved or a place that people know such as Walmart.  People still died but the severity of emotion is a lot different.

With our drones, we make presentations to give to clients.  The presentation from what I've seen in the world is the most important thing.  The best people have worked on the latest Star Wars movie and some people say it's the best Star Wars ever.  It's the best because what it takes for people to feel certain ways was Properly engineered.  You can take the same exact things but if the presentation is different, the feeling could be completely different and sometimes at the super opposite extremes.

Take this short film as a good example.

And take this Neil deGrasse Tyson twitter post as another example.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/neil-degrasse-tyson-mass-shooting-tweet-about-guns-causes-backlash-for-astrophysicist-on-twitter/

What people feel strongly about at the moment should be most important to understand especially when you are some sort of role-model otherwise many of your followers will leave forever.  Personally, I want to shell out the best information irregardless of what people think about me so the best way I can do it is to understand what is truly going on so the convey makes more sense.  The other way is just to post anonymously so the collateral damage is offset but the point has been made.

Click on the twitter comments at the website.  Data driven decisions are the best way to do anything but it also exposes people's positions that they do not want to see nor to understand.
22.png
2019-12-29
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-29 08:15
Quick read of local Austin, Texas TV and news accounts say due to mechanical issue possibly a bird strike.  But when the national news media picked up on it the word drone was added.  It always amazes me how news journalist can sensationalize something to make it more appealing to read or watch without regard to whether it is the "truth" or not.  "Bird strike not strong enough so let's toss in Drone to get people to read it and think it was a drone vice a natural act of a bird ingested in a motor".  Bird strikes were common around military bases with heavy flight patterns.  Has anybody ever seen or proven a 100% true drone striking an aircraft or getting ingested by a jet engine?  

Sorry, rant over.

It has happened.  I remember reading about this a while ago.  I believe they found the pilot as part of a motor was found in the heli which had a serial that was finally linked to the pilot.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joh ... th-army-helicopter/
2019-12-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 08:07
Its so annoying that they automatically chuck drone into the mix.

Goose - Its so annoying that they automatically chuck birds into the mix.  
2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules