2508 41 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

Hi,

I talk about an issue in Sport Mode where the Drone rotates ca 15 degrees i think in 2 directions.

I notice this since weeks but connot reproduce it clearly.

Today i had this very strong. It seems that the drone rotates nearly 30°. I will show also Video Footage to this.

Ive found that this issue happens also to other users, ive searching the Forum for the hole morning now.

Here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 080&pid=2028805

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... tFf667dm79mLa-/view
On second 14 you can see this issue.
Ive seen it also in an thread that i dont find at time where somebody has asked if thats normal.
I think he has called it Gimbal shaking and the thread was named something like 'is this normal' or so.

has someone else noticed this ?

it can be that this happens only in cold conditions.

2019-12-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Hers the Flight Log, https://app.airdata.com/share/DryjKY
Thers NO ERROR Noticed during the Problems happend... I know from the Video exact on wich places it was, and there are no warnings or Errors
2019-12-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/J9MFG2U1ELF5ESES0I3J/
Minute 11:55.7
The drone rotates to the left with no stick change (there was no wind...)
2019-12-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Hers the Video Footage to the issue. The Timestamp shown in the Video is ca 10 secs faster then the Log
The Big shake in the Log on 11:55.7 is in the Video on 11.47

2019-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks more like a gimbal issue than the drone changing direction.
2019-12-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

How do you see that on the Video ?
Ive seen it, the whole drone rotates
And also the Log shows correctly what happens.
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

This happened to me wile flying in P mode but flying with prop guards.
2019-12-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Do you have an flight log ? I would like to confirm that its the same issue.
2019-12-29
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-29 10:48
This happened to me wile flying in P mode but flying with prop guards.
I've had uncontrollable rotation happen when attempting to simply hover with the PGYTECH lightweight cage prop guard in place.  This happened immediately at take-off, so I landed immediately.

I'm at 5150 feet elevation here, and just figured that that prop guard is simply too heavy to allow this drone to fly with that much extra mass to carry.

The rotation is probably due to at least one of the motors being at maximum RPM such that the drone cannot maintain its orientation by modulating prop speeds.

As long as the drone has some margin of prop RPMs, it can vary their speeds to maintain its orientation.  Once at least one prop motor maxes out, you're done.

Also, I have one prop blade that is slightly damaged.  So that blade may have been less efficient, making that motor need to rotate faster than normal to achieve the proper balance of thrust.  With the high elevation here plus the extra mass of this cage to carry, it was just too much.

Examine your props, everyone.  
2019-12-29
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

That was also my thought during ive read your Post.
It looks like one Prop looses boost.

Ive inspected the Props right now, and i dont find Problems. They alook all absoulutly equal, also the Angles of the blased looks identical.
Also i would expect ESC Errors or Max Power reached messages then in the Flight Log but that dont happens. I have seen ESC Errors in strong Wind mostly, but there was no Wind and even no ESC Errors.
2019-12-29
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve had this in S mode in high wind, the drone literally spins on its axis 15 - 20 degrees, it’s most definitely not the gimbal it’s the AC
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Sigmo Posted at 12-29 12:39
I've had uncontrollable rotation happen when attempting to simply hover with the PGYTECH lightweight cage prop guard in place.  This happened immediately at take-off, so I landed immediately.

I'm at 5150 feet elevation here, and just figured that that prop guard is simply too heavy to allow this drone to fly with that much extra mass to carry.

I think you are right, the prop guards may have an impact here since not only the weight of the prop guards is an issue but they also decrease the aerodynamics making it more difficult to fight winds.
2019-12-30
Use props
Milo Van
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10161 ft
Singapore

props + wind is a big no no. the prop guards is only intended for indoor use.
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Christian U, sorry for the troubles with the drone, your feedback has been transferred to our engineers for further analysis, we will come back to you once we get any update, please wait patiently.
2019-12-30
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Thanks Mindy, i hope for more Information. If you need any further assistence, let me know.
2019-12-30
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Folks, I was using this prop guard indoors.

My point was that at my elevation, and with this aftermarket prop cage, my Mini went into an uncontrollable spin immediately upon lifting off.  This was in my office at work.

I set it back down, took that cage off, set it aside, and haven't tried it since then.  It is a bit heavier than the prop guards that came with the fly more combo, and I figure it just puts things over the top as far as what this drone can handle at 5150 feet elevation.

The lighter prop guards that came in the fly more kit do work, but also make the poor drone work very hard.  There's not much margin of lift with them in place, either.

My point mentioning this is to point out that spinning of the aircraft can be caused by one or more of its prop motors reaching its maximum power such that orientation can no longer be maintained.

This could be caused by payload, elevation, wind, or a bad prop, such that a motor is maxed out.

High elevation flying is informative.
2019-12-30
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

Christian U Posted at 12-29 07:35
Hers the Video Footage to the issue. The Timestamp shown in the Video is ca 10 secs faster then the Log
The Big shake in the Log on 11:55.7 is in the Video on 11.47
https://youtu.be/SN5X51vwWxE

I've seen similar rotations while flying MM slowly with no wind, but with camera in FPV mode. From time to time MM rotates for no reason, and some times too much for gimbal to handle.

I think this the flight controllers problem, may be unfiltered jerky sensors' input. It's a new drone, things like this are expected. DJI will fix them with the time.
2019-12-30
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

No, i dont think so, in my Logs you can clearly see that this is not done with RC commands.
Do you have an Flight Log to verify ?
Would be nice if everyone reports from an issue here have an Flightlog to verify that. I think we else have to much problems that we not can verify to be the same issue here.
2019-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Christian U, thanks for your patience, we have released 01.00.0400, did you update to the latest version and then calibrate the IMU and gimbal to try again? If the issue persists, the drone will need to be sent back for further tests and diagnosis. Please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-1-4
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Mine rotated 30deg to the right in Nov. It showed up on the log and video. Never happened again after though.
2020-1-5
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Ive updated to 1.00.0400 on first day it was avalible. But i think i have seen the issue today, but iam not exactly sure.
I will recalibrate IMU and gimbal and make soem test flights to reproduce it clearly.
I dont think that its an problem with my Mini becouse ive seen it in other Footage too, (linked above).
But when DJI says its nessesary i send it to check.
Thanks for the effort, i will check it after calibration in the next days.
2020-1-5
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Ive recalibrated IMU and Gimbal now and flown an full Battery in Sports mode down, and had the problem not. I think thats no perfekt prove but looks ok for the first try
2020-1-5
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Ive send the drone back now, seems to be only on my testflight gone.
I dont belive that its just an issue with my mini, but we will see what repair dept says.

Hers another video ive found on youtube with an mini wich has the same issue:

2020-1-20
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, me too. But not cold (75 F), no prop guards, light winds and in C mode. The log file shows no controller action at the time.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/92 ... dden_pivot.mp4/file

Disregard this post. I forgot about having pontoons attached.

2020-1-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Christian U Posted at 1-20 14:20
Ive send the drone back now, seems to be only on my testflight gone.
I dont belive that its just an issue with my mini, but we will see what repair dept says.

That’s your gimbal moving, you could have tried calibration, but I think your right to ship it back .
2020-1-22
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 1-22 10:54
That’s your gimbal moving, you could have tried calibration, but I think your right to ship it back .

ive answerted this before, see
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =205362&pid=2043565

i stand before it and NO the whole drone rotates, not the gimbal.
its also logged in the flight log (at least for my cases) and shows clearly that not the gimbal rotates but the drone
it looks to me as one motor stops and looses uplift for 100-500ms

Edit: And ive made Gimbal and IMU calibration (even written before) and it has not changed something

2020-1-22
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 1-22 10:43
Yeah, me too. But not cold (75 F), no prop guards, light winds and in C mode. The log file shows no controller action at the time.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/92sodyoc76msh7y/sudden_pivot.mp4/file

Yeah, i had also flights now with warmer temperatures. The issue with Propguards my or may not be the same issue i think its too different to know exactly.

So you are beside the 2 Videos the first user that could confirm the exact issue. But i think at least more minis have it (if not all).

Sinve the repair takes a t leat 20 days and i had thoughts about getting an second mini (this thing is so much fun) ive ordered an second mini today. I will see if i can confirm the issue ther too.
2020-1-22
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Thanks for singling this problem out @Christian U, keep us posted on the outcome.
2020-1-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Christian U Posted at 1-22 13:03
Yeah, i had also flights now with warmer temperatures. The issue with Propguards my or may not be the same issue i think its too different to know exactly.

So you are beside the 2 Videos the first user that could confirm the exact issue. But i think at least more minis have it (if not all).

Woooops. I apologize for forgetting this but although I had no prop guards attached, I did have float pontoons attached, a far worse effect I'm sure. I have not seen this symptom without them attached.
2020-1-22
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Interesting, so it seems that this effect happens for the most people with additional weight or aerodynamic problems. Maybe my Mini has really an Hardware issue or one of the stock props has an aerodynamic problem that i was not able to see.
Maybe its ESC related, and one of the ESC´s dont get enougth energy or has to cool down.
2020-1-22
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

Christian U Posted at 1-22 22:50
Interesting, so it seems that this effect happens for the most people with additional weight or aerodynamic problems. Maybe my Mini has really an Hardware issue or one of the stock props has an aerodynamic problem that i was not able to see.
Maybe its ESC related, and one of the ESC´s dont get enougth energy or has to cool down.

Fixed now?
2020-1-30
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

The Drone is in Repair.
Ive byed another one in meantime wich has the "Drop" issue, i think the both could be related. Maybe on my drone the ESC had not limited the current for all Motors but for one single. Then it dont drops out of the air like in the other cases described, but it would rotate over 2 axis like mine.

I hope i will get it back in the next days then ill make additional tests. I can reproduce the Drop issue now every time i try it, so i will see if its the same for this drone. My feeling says that all Minis has this Problem.
2020-1-30
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Ive got it back.
DJI Repair has ignored 3 out of 4 Problems (2 with the RC and ive got back the old RC)
But ive got an new (or refurbished) AC i will test if it has this or the drop issue.
2020-2-1
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

No, the new one has the issue a lot stronger than my old one.
It rotates directly after start.
2020-2-2
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-12-30 03:09
Hi Christian U, sorry for the troubles with the drone, your feedback has been transferred to our engineers for further analysis, we will come back to you once we get any update, please wait patiently.

Is there any update ?
Ive now got the 2nd drone with this issue directly from repair department.
2020-2-2
Use props
djiuser_2542yH4rxFeT
New
Flight distance : 15594 ft
United States

I had this happen to me as well. I thought is was wind related. Not sure now. Haven't had a lot of flight time. New drone and I am also new to drones.

Didn't look at the flight log. Freaked me out when it happen. Check it out.

https://youtu.be/IlxmP7lX8kE

2020-2-2
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

Yes that seems to be the same issue, can you upload the Flight Log to Phantomhelp?
2020-2-2
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

Christian U Posted at 2-2 02:27
No, the new one has the issue a lot stronger than my old one.
It rotates directly after start.

Did you test fly in a dim room? Confused vps could do that.
2020-2-2
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Happened to me also this weekend. It was windy, in sport mode, I did a turn and it did something like that footage where it went all crazy. I assumed it was the wind on the gimbal. Rest of the flight was ok.
2020-2-2
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Germany

deathsquad Posted at 2-2 15:44
Happened to me also this weekend. It was windy, in sport mode, I did a turn and it did something like that footage where it went all crazy. I assumed it was the wind on the gimbal. Rest of the flight was ok.

It was not the Gimbal, the whole AC rotates. If you upload the Flightlog i can show it.

You should be also able to reproduce it with flying an strike lets say 70m in sport mode and make an sharp curve back to you then fly back. After 2-3 trys it should rotate.

On my refurbished Drone this happens very often, and also not only in Sport mode ive managed to reproduce it also in P-Mode.
2020-2-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules