Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rude Christmas Shock
882 5 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edward J Smith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone pilots have gotten a rude Christmas shock as the FAA  proposed restrictive drone remote ID technology that could seriously hamper the growth of the drone industry and your rights to fly.
Please take some time to view these two vidoes.
If we don't standup for our right to flight we may lose it forever.

www.fpvfc.org

2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Edward Smith's Replacement. Thank you for sharing these videos and these information with us. This thread will make our valued DJI co pilots aware. Great find and thank you for your support.
2019-12-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Couple things...

1)  I think there's going to be a backlash and a compromise.  I can't imagine making every drone currently in the USA completely useless in 18 months or three years or whatever.

2)  The FAA is amazingly slow with stuff like this.  What they say is going to happen is often no where near what actually happens.  Remember our recreational registrations that were supposed to expire after three years?  Mine says it expired last February, but the truth is everybody got an extension until Dec 2020 which is two additional years depending.  Remember the registration test we hobbyists were supposed to take by mid November 2019?  In May 2019, Congress gave them six months to come up with a test, and now the test requirement has been extended an additional 13 months apparently.  Meanwhile they have USA manufactured 747s falling out of the sky while at the same time there is not a single incident of a drone being partially or even indirectly blamed for killing anybody, ever, anywhere, at any time, which kind of implies FAA should have different priorities.  Anyway, using those examples above as a guideline, it will likely actually take them 5-10 years to implement some variation of this proposal.  MHO

Thanks for posting
2019-12-29
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-29 10:06
Couple things...

1)  I think there's going to be a backlash and a compromise.  I can't imagine making every drone currently in the USA completely useless in 18 months or three years or whatever.

I agree absolutely with Mark.
2019-12-29
Use props
Anokadrone
Captain
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

I would tend to agree as well. however with the advent of drone deliveries, the commercial fliers (like myself) may see a faster track.  Not sure what I am trying to say here but I am a licensed, insured and registered commercial pilot in the MN and I am of the thinking that about 90% of Part 107 pilots are not really legal to fly as a business.  I am leary that the ones who are will be on the chopping block first.  Just my own paranoia.....
2019-12-30
Use props
Archangel3356
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

I’ve been dealing with the FAA for 30 years as a fixed wing pilot and all I can say is, I have seen FAA  “proposals” before that just didn’t end up looking like they started after it’s all said and done. Not really sure where it’s all leading too and with a 2 year window before anything is done I’ll just enjoy flying my UAS kits and give my feedback to the FAA about the current situation.
2019-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules