7166 19 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k_hargy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51624 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haven't seen any mention of this and maybe it's a pretty standard feature... I was planning on figuring out a way to parse the logs and overlay the height and distance onto my videos and I noticed that the there is a captions track that has all kinds of flight data already included!

9n0S7Ag.jpg

Looks like there is:

• F-Stop
  • SS - Shutter Speed?
  • ISO
  • Exposure
  • GPS (Lat, Long, # of Satellites?)
  • Distance
  • Height
  • Horizontal Speed?
  • Vertical Speed?

I can't really make sense of the SS value... and HS and VS are always N/A so far...but either way it's pretty handy!

2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day k_hargy. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information. This feature will show when the video caption is enabled in Camera Settings for the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition,  thank you for sharing this beautiful aerial shot from a beach. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2019-12-29
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-29 11:18
Hello and good day k_hargy. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information. This feature will show when the video caption is enabled in Camera Settings for the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition,  thank you for sharing this beautiful aerial shot from a beach. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Hi Stephen,
how to activate the caption?
2019-12-29
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Are HS and VS horizontal speed and vertical speed?
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

George GR Posted at 12-29 12:09
Hi Stephen,
how to activate the caption?

Hello and good day George GR. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. To activate the said caption. Kindly please go to your DJI Fly application then tap Go Fly > General Settings > Camera > Advanced Settings > then enable Video Subtitles. Thank you.

2019-12-29
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-29 12:20
Hello and good day George GR. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. To activate the said caption. Kindly please go to your DJI Fly application then tap Go Fly > General Settings > Camera > Advanced Settings > then enable Video Subtitles. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you
2019-12-29
Use props
JeremyFr79
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141637 ft
United States

That's awesome thanks!
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JeremyFr79 Posted at 12-29 12:29
That's awesome thanks!

You are very much welcome JeremyFr79 and I am glad to help. Please stay safe always and keep on flying. .
2019-12-29
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

[view_image]

Hello. Is it possible the video subtitles to be an srt file like mavic pro? Because in some editors you can't see it
2019-12-29
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

[view_image]

Shouldn't this be described in the manual?  It is not.  There is a lot missing in that manual.
2019-12-29
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 12-29 12:48
Hello. Is it possible the video subtitles to be an srt file like mavic pro? Because in some editors you can't see it

I was able to export it to a srt file using the following ffmpeg command:
ffmpeg -i DJI_0961.MP4 -codec:s:0.2 srt sub.srt

where DJI_0961.MP4 is the file name of your video

2019-12-29
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 12-29 12:17
Are HS and VS horizontal speed and vertical speed?

That's what I assume but it always shows NA for me
2019-12-29
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

k_hargy Posted at 12-29 13:17

Thanks, I will try it and I'll tell you if it works or not
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome George Gr. Please stay safe and keep on flying. Happy New Year to you and to your family. .
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Minnesota Posted at 12-29 13:03
Shouldn't this be described in the manual?  It is not.  There is a lot missing in that manual.

Hello and good day Minnesota. Thank you for sharing these information. I will cascade the information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support and Happy New Year. .
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_spWixGvw6Q9N
lvl.1

Brazil

k_hargy Posted at 2019-12-29 13:17

To have access to these data, Do I MUST turn on Video Subtitle option on App? Or Is it Telemetry Data always saved with Video footage?
2020-1-8
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_spWixGvw6Q9N Posted at 1-8 11:36
To have access to these data, Do I MUST turn on Video Subtitle option on App? Or Is it Telemetry Data always saved with Video footage?

I haven't tried turning it off, but I assume if the option is turned off in the app the caption track WON'T be recorded. Mine was turned on (I think by default). Since it is a separate track the info does not show by default and is not "burned" into the video, to view it you have to turn on captions in your video player app.
2020-1-8
Use props
DGAlex1971
lvl.1

Brazil

k_hargy Posted at 1-8 11:41
I haven't tried turned it off, but I assume if the option is turned off in the app the caption track WON"T be recorded. Mine was turned on (I think by default). Since it is a separate track the info does not show by default and is not "burned" into the video, to view it you have to turn on captions in your video player app.

Cool, I thought that the overlaid data was part of film, since is a different channel, it is ok, Thanks a lot.
2020-1-8
Use props
MarkoDrono
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39341 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-12-29 12:20

[view_image]

This setting is not available (as best as I can tell) in my version of DJI Fly app - version 1.1.6. Has it been removed? Or am I looking in the wrong place?
2020-8-29
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool feature!
2020-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now