Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Crash. Max motor speed
857 3 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airy Riz
Flight distance : 66030 ft
United States

Yesterday, I was flying my Mavic Air doing some photography over a marsh.  It was on its third battery, sunny outside, low wind conditions, battery at 49% and no issues.  I checked the flight log and all seemed normal.   I received a “Max Motor Speed” message on my controller.  Seconds later, it fell out of the sky from around 50 feet into the bog.  It was covered in mud by the time I was able to recover it.  The cooling fan was still running.   The gimbal area was completely covered in marsh mud.  All four props, no damage.  It just fell out of the sky and I have no idea why.  I cleaned it up.  It turns on but the gimbal will not come on.  It was obviously a system error, not a pilot error.  How do I get a replacement from DJI?
B34515C0-04FE-40C8-8019-E088B4798F2C.jpeg
73F6EF80-68BF-4169-A470-308CD18EF45E.png
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Airy Riz. I am sorry to read and to read and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Air. Since there was a crash and this unfortunate incident happened. I would highly recommend to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this issue.  We have the team who would do their best to find out the reason of the said incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2019-12-29
Use props
Airy Riz
United States

If folks are interested in seeing what was submitted to DJI and their response, go to the link below.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-205395-1-1.html
2020-1-7
Use props
Airy Riz
United States

Bad news, people.  I received a replacement drone today after 30 days, not the 3-5 days, as initially promised by DJI.  
The bad news is the Mavic Air I received was DOA.  The gimbal would not work.  When I powered it up, it would slew to the right, and I then give me a gimbal motor overload error.  I did a factory reset, via my MacBook.  I recalibrated the IMU.  Then I tried a gimbal recalibrate, and it would never go over 10%.

So tomorrow, I ship the new broken drone back to DJI to start the whole process again.  
2020-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules