Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Crash. Max motor speed
2202 27 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airy Riz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66030 ft
United States

I was flying my Mavic Air doing some photography over a marsh. It was on its third battery and its ninth flight of the day.  The weather was bright, sunny, with low wind conditions.  The battery was at 49% and no issues. I received a "Max Motor Speed" message on my controller.  Seconds later, the aircraft fell out of the sky from around 50 feet into the bog. I was not able to control it when the malfunction occurred.  It crashed into the mud and was covered entirely before I was able to recover it.   When I was able to get to it, the cooling fan was still running, there didn't appear to be any physical damage to the body, and all four propellers were intact.
ED99C52B-6615-430D-91AE-CE946AE3E911.png
29845974-E5D0-4C1B-B7EB-50049A2748DA.jpeg
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Airy Riz. I am sorry to read and to read and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Air. Since there was a crash and this unfortunate incident happened. I would highly recommend to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this issue.  We have the team who would do their best to find out the reason of the said incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2019-12-29
Use props
Nick1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248258 ft
United States

Hello, what firmware were you on?
2020-1-5
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Nick1 Posted at 1-5 10:37

Regardless the unique version, it gets tweaked, next revisit you'll receive tweaked identical named version.
The danger is each mavic air has bloodline back to particular motherboard production run, revisions too.
Plus, each mavic air develops wear in its elex, esp the powering & distribution means, to which coders can not anticipate confidence that the elex wearing can acclimate and accommodate to the improved (dis-improved?) code.
2020-1-5
Use props
cutis
Captain
United States

There's a current post seeking to image software that's in perfection, locking it down.
But unless you go custom, you gotta deal with insurgent code that can not be circumvented.
Funny yeah, that incidents are nexused actually to code lapsed and frailties.
You do not see asst2 rewriting your car's computer after an incident.
But you do see your pc wiped out unrecoverable when malware chews bios and or track zero.
Androids do not need rewriting firmware.
I am pointing to deficiency, the persist of rewriting code because admittance of chip corruption by powering glitches will never be declared truth (defect)
2020-1-5
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

I'm going to post everything DJI has asked for and what I provided; for learning.  They received the unit today so we'll see.  
2020-1-7
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

From DJI on December 31, 2019:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you have had with your DJI product. But do not worry, we are here to help you.

We would like to forward this concern to our engineering team for further analysis of the possible problem. We would like to get additional information from you:

-  Short video that shows the issue that you are encountering.
- What is the DJI Go 4 the App version installed?
- What is the mobile device that you are using where this app is installed?
- What is the current firmware version installed?

Looking forward to hear back from you soon.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
2020-1-7
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

The attached pictures are what I uploaded to respond to the previous post ^^^ from DJI.

IMG_0010.png
IMG_0011.png
IMG_0012.png
IMG_0013.png
IMG_0014.png
IMG_0015.png
IMG_0016.png
IMG_0019.png
IMG_0020.png
2020-1-7
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

Below is a link to the video of its final moments.  I can't figure out how to upload so its available on youtube;

2020-1-7
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

Nick1 Posted at 1-5 10:37

I posted a picture of the software page.
2020-1-7
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

So, an odd turn of events.  After emailing DJI everything they asked for, including the aircraft and controller (UPS confirmed delivery), I received this email tonight (see below).  I forwarded all the old emails and sent a link to this forum.  We'll see what the response is tomorrow.

Subject: [DJI] Reminder about your request 2520DDD
Date: January 8, 2020 at 8:02:24 PM EST
To: Riz <rizDDDD@gmail.com>
Reply-To: DJI Support <support.us@dji.com>

##- 请在此行以上输入您的回复 -##
Dear Riz,

In regards to your request 2520DDD, we haven't received any replies from you for 2 days.

If your request has been resolved, please ignore this email.
If not, please reply to this email directly so that we can provide you with further assistance.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best regards,

DJI
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

2020-1-8
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
Flight distance : 795653 ft
Switzerland

cutis Posted at 1-5 15:13
Regardless the unique version, it gets tweaked, next revisit you'll receive tweaked identical named version.
The danger is each mavic air has bloodline back to particular motherboard production run, revisions too.
Plus, each mavic air develops wear in its elex, esp the powering & distribution means, to which coders can not anticipate confidence that the elex wearing can acclimate and accommodate to the improved (dis-improved?) code.

What on earth are you on about?????
2020-1-9
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

Still no response from DJI.
2020-1-13
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

got this email today but there is no update on the website.  

Dear Customer,

Your Mavic Air has been evaluated by our repair team. Your case No. is:

CAS-3057827-XXXXX

Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress. We will email you an invoice in two to three business days.

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM ~ 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI
Best Regards,
DJI Support
2020-1-13
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

today's email from DJI after getting an email stating they had not heard from me:

Abbey (DJI Support)
1月15日 CST10:04

Hi Rizwan,

I hope you are doing fine today.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Regarding the email that you are receiving, it is an auto-generated response if we are not getting any replies or there are no recent activities on the email thread. But need not to worry, your unit is currently being diagnosed. And as mentioned previously, updates regarding the repair progress of your Mavic Air will be sent to you through a separate email.

We hope this helps. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us again. We’d love to help.

Thank you again for your time. Have a great day ahead!     

Best Regards,

Abbey

DJI Technical Support

YouTube:

http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials
2020-1-14
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

still no change to the repair status but received this email:

Subject: [DJI] How would you rate the support you received?
Date: January 15, 2020 at 10:02:53 PM EST
To: Riz
Reply-To: DJI Support <support.us@dji.com>

##- 请在此行以上输入您的回复 -##
Dear Riz,
We value your experience with DJI products!
Please give us your feedback by participating in this customer survey via the following link:
https://questionnaire.djicorp.com/
Notice:
If your request hasn't been resolved, please ignore the above survey and reply to this email directly.
Thank you for your participation!
Best regards,
DJI

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 4.57.50 AM.png
2020-1-16
Use props
cutis
Captain
United States

Do not stress, relax, there is nothing you can do but decide upon verdict.
I already asked Dà-Jiāng Innovations for purchase refund of my black friday 2018 purchased mavic air.
The justify, ubiquitous disconnects, always.
And worst, no more reconnection in flight disconnections.
Somehow truncation of communications occurs and United States Dà-Jiāng Innovations support goes defunct.
Very very peculiar replies say "we can not find any trouble with paired devices sent".
They claim logs offloaded from phone apk and devices evidence no such problems.
It's typical foreplay to break your cause and will.
Not to frustrate.
Hang in there.
Banning Dà-Jiāng Innovations in the United States comes by coercive paranoia.
2020-1-17
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

cutis Posted at 1-17 17:15
Do not stress, relax, there is nothing you can do but decide upon verdict.
I already asked Dà-Jiāng Innovations for purchase refund of my black friday 2018 purchased mavic air.
The justify, ubiquitous disconnects, always.

Thanks for the support!
2020-1-17
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

Today's email.  First, it was Abby, now it is Apple:

Apple (DJI Support)
1月18日 CST02:28

Dear Riz,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your time and effort in bringing this inquiry. We will be happy to help you.

As per checking on the case CAS-3057827-S8XXXX, we can see that your unit is already in damage assessed status. It means that after the assessment, you will be receiving an update that will be sent to you by our relative team in a separate email. Kindly wait and check your email at all times.

Hoping for your kind patience and understanding.

Should you have any questions or other concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing DJI! Have a great day and take care.
Best regards,
Apple
2020-1-17
Use props
cutis
Captain
United States

Airy Riz Posted at 1-17 19:08
Today's email.  First, it was Abby, now it is Apple:

But I have received no such vaguely announced intermediary party referenced responses at all, why?
Defunct?
3rd party objects?
Slipped thru the cracks forgotten?
Apple was tossed this analysis from incredibly longstanding intercedings with the entire group, all lnames (dozen!)
Meanwhile my country tosses recreationalism drones if bearing China production lineage in any fashion form.
Much flack has surfaced, construed as security paranoia, yet possibly aimed by competing "catch-ups" into this lucrative AI come to rule.
If outlawed, you'll be left no option but competes, and their learning curves.
2020-1-20
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

yesterday, I sent this email:

Subject: Re: [DJI Support] : RE Re: [DJI] How would you rate the support you received?
Date: January 22, 2020 at 5:47:59 PM EST
To: DJI Support <support.us@dji.com>

Hello
You have had the unit since January 8th, 2020.  I was told it would take 3-5 days.  There has been no change in status.  Please tell me what is going on
thanks

Riz
2020-1-23
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

today, I received some good news (but we'll see how much longer it takes):

=
Subject: [No Reply] DJI Free Service CAS-
Date: January 23, 2020 at 3:39:01 PM EST
To: riz

Quotation

Dear Customer,

This message is from DJI Support. After testing your product, DJI has determined to provide you with free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished within 3 to 6 business days, after which the product will be sent back to you. Thank you for choosing DJI.
Case Info.
Customer
Riz

Case No.
CAS-

Quotation Date
2020-Jan-23

Remark

Dear Customer, This product will be covered under warranty. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy).

Item List
Core Board
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 239.00
Total Price: 239.00

IMU Module
Net Price : 12.00
Total Price: 12.00

Rear Right Arm
Net Price : 16.00
Total Price: 16.00

Lens Module
Net Price : 84.00
Total Price: 84.00

Repair Service Fee
Quantity: 2
Net Price : 65.00
Total Price: 130.00

Tax

Shipping Cost

Total Amount

Discount

Total Payment (USD$)

Note
1.If you'd like to make a change to your shipping address, please contact support.us@dji.com.
2. To ensure repair quality, DJI may update or replace the product module. If it is updated or replaced, the serial number may also change, but this will not affect the after-sales service.

3. DJI will use standard delivery service to ship back your products. If you have any other requirements, such as expedited service, please contact DJI Support. Please be noted that DJI will not bear any additional costs for such requirements.

4. Please note that DJI will not take responsibility for the extra costs, such as customs clearance and postage, incurred as a result of the uses made of your incorrect information.
This email is sent automatically by the system. Please do not reply. For further inquiries, please contact support.us@dji.com.

Best Regards,
DJI Support

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

2020-1-23
Use props
cutis
Captain
United States

Airy Riz Posted at 1-23 18:51
today, I received some good news (but we'll see how much longer it takes):

Hooraay?
Or die another day?
Just kidding
Think about it
2020-1-23
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

Bad news, people.  I received a replacement drone today after 30 days, not the 3-5 days, as initially promised by DJI.  
The bad news is the Mavic Air I received was DOA.  The gimbal would not work.  When I powered it up, it would slew to the right, and I then give me a gimbal motor overload error.  I did a factory reset, via my MacBook.  I recalibrated the IMU.  Then I tried a gimbal recalibrate, and it would never go over 10%.

So tomorrow, I ship the new broken drone back to DJI to start the whole process again.  
2020-1-29
Use props
cjr888
First Officer
Flight distance : 3686988 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Airy Riz Posted at 1-29 16:56
Bad news, people.  I received a replacement drone today after 30 days, not the 3-5 days, as initially promised by DJI.  
The bad news is the Mavic Air I received was DOA.  The gimbal would not work.  When I powered it up, it would slew to the right, and I then give me a gimbal motor overload error.  I did a factory reset, via my MacBook.  I recalibrated the IMU.  Then I tried a gimbal recalibrate, and it would never go over 10%.

this is sad to hear but hopefully another one will be running smoothly
2020-1-30
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

Today DJI received the broken drone they sent me as a replacement.  I was told, via online chat, that one would be shipped immediately upon receiving it.  Not the case today.  I was just told it will have to go through the replacement cycle.  Diagnosis, etc, etc, etc.  I'm starting to think that DJI is a terrible company and investing money in their products is a waste.  I filled a dispute today, through my bank, to have my funds returned.  I will not be recommending this company to anyone.
2020-2-4
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

My internet chat with DJI today:

Before we proceed, let me inform you that our goal is to resolve all your concerns within this chat interaction. We highly encourage to keep the chat active. Please make sure to:
1. Don't go on away status as the system will prompt a system timeout;
2. Avoid clicking the exit button on the chat window;
3. Make sure that you have good data/internet connection;
4. When attaching files, avoid dragging it to the chat window. Just click the file icon button instead;
5. Avoid clicking on any links. Instead copy and paste it to another tab/window.

my UPS tracker says you have recieved the faulty drone you sent me. I was told you would immediatly ship a replacement. what is the progress

CAS-number

Hey thank you fopr making a follow up.
17:30

Let me check the status of your case.

【System Message】Dear customer, the chat will close in 5 minutes due to inactivity.
17:33

ok

Hello upon checking with your case it is already received as per tracking and it will be recorded in our system within 24 hours.

so then what happens? will you ship out a new drone immediately?
17:35

As per the normal process it will undergo diagnosis first.

are you kidding me

you sent me a broken drone

why the hell does it need diagnosis

Then once confirmed they will ship a replacement

thats BS

I want a drone shipped immediately

I didn't freaking break it

it arrived broken
17:36

that is your fault, NOT MINE

DJI is the worst company

I understand your frustrations, I apologize but in order to confirm that its not working it really has to undergo diagnosis. And we have no control of that from our end here.

so connect me with someone who does
17:38

It will only take 24 hours and once confirmed they will replace it right away.

Our engineers are the one who is in charge of that and they do not engage with customers.
17:39

I sent you my mavic air that crashed due to a malfunction in December. It took DJI 30 days to replace. The replacement arrived, BROKEN. Not my fault. Asking me to wait is ridiculous. I didn't even have it for a few hours and sent it right back. The last rep told me I will not have to wait that one will be sent immediately.

I want to talk to the supervisor on the phone

first case on crashed drone: CAS-number
second case on DOA drone: CAS-number

i see, I understad I will check if there is one available for you.

【System Message】Dear customer, the chat will close in 5 minutes due to inactivity.
17:46

ok

hello thank you for wating.

ok

As of the moment there is no available supervisor.

Is it ok if I set up a call back for you?
17:47

yes, (my number)

You full name please

*your.

(my name)

(my email)
Thank you.
17:48

Please keep your lines open within 24 hours.

will do, thanks

You are most welcome!

Anything else for me today?
17:50

no sir

Thank you for contacting DJI Customer Support. Please contact us again if you have any questions.

2020-2-4
Use props
Airy Riz
lvl.1
United States

Today DJI received the broken drone they sent me as a replacement.  I was told, via online chat, that one would be shipped immediately upon receiving it.  Not the case today.  I was just told it will have to go through the replacement cycle.  Diagnosis, etc, etc, etc.  

I'm starting to think that DJI is a terrible company and investing money in their products is a waste.  I filled a dispute today, through my bank, to have my funds returned.  

I will not be recommending this company to anyone.

2020-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules