Android 10 and DJI Fly app incompatible.
1234Next >
30467 126 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Cw0ICYAyOJgs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96329 ft
Ukraine

djiuser_bR28iOq6CA47 Posted at 1-8 01:41
I've just launched the app on my S10+ with Android 10 (exynos, Ukraine). And it worked just fine. Hope that's the fix they have delivered overnight?
Well, I'm going to fly that drone today (at my own risk).

Hi, did you get the app from Play Store or the DJI site?
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_Cw0ICYAyOJgs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96329 ft
Ukraine

UPD tried installing from both sources - no dice.
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_bR28iOq6CA47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167726 ft
Ukraine

djiuser_Cw0ICYAyOJgs Posted at 1-8 04:01
Hi, did you get the app from Play Store or the DJI site?

Tried both sources.
When there was a successful launch - it said unzipping package and then the app just launched without any issue. However it only worked for less than an hour
2020-1-8
Use props
max.the.azo
New
Slovenia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-12-30 08:49
Hello and good day Mavic Craig. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your feedback. As of the moment our DJI R&D team is working on the problem which you mentioned. Furthermore, we will cooperate with the Mobile manufacturer to figure it out and optimize it as soon as possible. Kindly please pay more attention to our official website ( www.dji.com ) for the updates. Currently, we suggest to change to another mobile device if you have. Your patience and understanding on this matter are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi! any news with the app update? I bought the Mavic Mini assuming, that it should work on my Note 10+ The fact that  the first sign that there may be a problem was when I went to install the app and try to fly the Mavic, no warning and no statement from DJI is bad business practice if not criminal.
2020-1-8
Use props
pbx
lvl.1

Netherlands

I sent my drone back, unused. Not waiting for a possible fix. The fact that DJI has not put out a statement on when and if this will be fixed is too big a risk for me.

Too bad my first drone experience was this pile of ...
2020-1-8
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

I been avoiding the message I have been greeted to each morning on my phone to upgrade to Android 10. I have a S10+ and are planning to take my Mini on vacation. Can’t see why a company with these resources can’t figure it out.
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_QGx0ghlbavQI
New

Sweden

i just wonder why not only dji inserts the mavic mini into the dji go 4 app instead it fuels all mobiles acknowledging what version you have but it may be impossible was just a thought
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_k56G4duI5MhK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53668 ft
Greece

This definitely disgraceful and unacceptable of DJI. A compensation would be in its place. I have a question though, and its a thing i hope I WON"T have to do. Someone on another forum said about installing firmware .003 again. Would this work? I am sure not going back to Android 9 for this!
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_oknyb7orNK9G
New

Norway

Perhaps it's time to go back to the store to give the drone back? If it is not possible for Dji to fix an app issue with such a big Team, I'm not sure if they can handle issues in the future as well appropriate! As well we're bought this drone to use it and not look at it because it is so beautiful and small!
Please DJI Team, fix the issue and provide us some updated informations so that we as customer knowing what's happened and when/what we can expect as a solution.
2020-1-8
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

djiuser_k56G4duI5MhK Posted at 1-8 11:02
This definitely disgraceful and unacceptable of DJI. A compensation would be in its place. I have a question though, and its a thing i hope I WON"T have to do. Someone on another forum said about installing firmware .003 again. Would this work? I am sure not going back to Android 9 for this!

Tried numerous ways of bringing things up. This won't work. As soon as you install and launch 1.0.3 it will download some "zip package"  to update itself and there you go frozen again.

Turning off internet connection on your phone won't help either. It will ask to check whether it's an update online first before you can even start the app.
2020-1-8
Use props
pbx
lvl.1

Netherlands

If everybody would be made aware of this GIGANTIC issue, I am sure they wouldn't sell like they do now. I have sent mine back and now looking at other brands. How can you trust them to not f it up with a future update again? Imagine buying this for a big event or holiday only to have the app or OS of your phone updated and the drone stops working entirely...
2020-1-8
Use props
therain
New

Vietnam

Any news for updated or workaround. I purchased Mavic mini a week and now can not use it. It sucks.
2020-1-9
Use props
Mavic Craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120745 ft
France

pbx Posted at 1-8 23:29
If everybody would be made aware of this GIGANTIC issue, I am sure they wouldn't sell like they do now. I have sent mine back and now looking at other brands. How can you trust them to not f it up with a future update again? Imagine buying this for a big event or holiday only to have the app or OS of your phone updated and the drone stops working entirely...

It happened to me. Once in a lifetime trip to Iceland at Christmas. Used MY MM once before updating. A little piffed off. Now in France and heading back home to Australia in two weeks. Not too happy.
2020-1-9
Use props
pbx
lvl.1

Netherlands

therain Posted at 1-9 00:23
Any news for updated or workaround. I purchased Mavic mini a week and now can not use it. It sucks.

Send it back, it's the best thing you can do to send a signal to shops and DJI that this is unacceptable.
2020-1-9
Use props
Vim Fueago
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21558 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps stating the obvious here.  This is a Samsung problem.  The Android operating system runs on many different CPUs and architectures, and it hides these details to the higher level applications, they don't know, nor should applications care what processor is running at the lowest level of the hardware stack.

Samsung have created an incompatibility at a low level in their own CPU/chipset.  Sure DJI might be able to work around it, but it's a Samsung problem, and no doubt there are other apps that are crashing when using the Android API in this way on the Samsung Xeynos SoC.

One learning lesson is to perhaps avoid Samsung in future phone purchases, their radical changes to Android OS and their own in house chipsets cause these sorts of problems.
If you are looking at sending something back, it should be your Samsung phone, not the DJI drone.
2020-1-9
Use props
pbx
lvl.1

Netherlands

Mavic Craig Posted at 1-9 00:27
It happened to me. Once in a lifetime trip to Iceland at Christmas. Used MY MM once before updating. A little piffed off. Now in France and heading back home to Australia in two weeks. Not too happy.

That really sucks. For me alone this would be reason to sell everything DJI and never buy this brand again.

I never had a drone, bought the Mavic Mini and sent it back without using. This issue alone makes me question ever buying anything from DJI again.
2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_xlsu2mm9mxjt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 351916 ft
Lithuania

Hi!
I have a different problem, but also with this application. And also on the Samsung. And also with the Exynos processor.
With certain actions, the phone restarts. Once rebooted after the loss and restoration of communication with the drone. The drone was flying at this time!
Maybe someone knows, they plan to fix it? Scary to fly.
https://youtu.be/ia9qpx3SfRw
2020-1-9
Use props
zveris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 351916 ft
Lithuania

djiuser_xlsu2mm9mxjt Posted at 1-9 01:50
Hi!
I have a different problem, but also with this application. And also on the Samsung. And also with the Exynos processor.
With certain actions, the phone restarts. Once rebooted after the loss and restoration of communication with the drone. The drone was flying at this time!

I wrote about this in support. They said they opened the case. And that they will contact me. They didn’t say anything more ...
2020-1-9
Use props
anegin
lvl.1
Belarus

I managed to start DJI Fly app on my Samsung S10+ (Exynos version) with Android 10 using previously posted manual:

1) install DJI GO 4 from Play Market, run and wait unitl it downloads all required files
2) install DJI Fly app version 1.03 (1.04 not working) and run, wait until it shows setup/login screen

If DJI Fly app stucks on white screen or crashes, reboot phone and try to run it again.
After it successfully started for the first time you can remove DJI GO app.

Additionaly you can disable Autoupdate for DJI Fly app in Play Market to avoid update app to version 1.04 until DJI releases fix.
2020-1-9
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mavic Craig Posted at 1-9 00:27
It happened to me. Once in a lifetime trip to Iceland at Christmas. Used MY MM once before updating. A little piffed off. Now in France and heading back home to Australia in two weeks. Not too happy.

I guess you left your MP at home
2020-1-9
Use props
pbx
lvl.1

Netherlands

Vim Fueago Posted at 1-9 00:37
Perhaps stating the obvious here.  This is a Samsung problem.  The Android operating system runs on many different CPUs and architectures, and it hides these details to the higher level applications, they don't know, nor should applications care what processor is running at the lowest level of the hardware stack.

Samsung have created an incompatibility at a low level in their own CPU/chipset.  Sure DJI might be able to work around it, but it's a Samsung problem, and no doubt there are other apps that are crashing when using the Android API in this way on the Samsung Xeynos SoC.

I have probably around 100 3rd party apps installed. All worked seamlessly after the update. I understand Samsung is part of the problem, but it just shows DJI has crappy developers or is not willing to solve this widespread issue with priority.
2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_sKxeiqZkKLjD
lvl.1
Netherlands

Accidentally updated my Ekynos S10 to Android 10 due to installation popup message when phone switched on and I my thumb on the screen.
Fly app no more working.

Hello DJI and Samsung, please find a solution!!!
2020-1-9
Use props
fansbd71c3f8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207579 ft
India

anegin Posted at 1-9 02:48
I managed to start DJI Fly app on my Samsung S10+ (Exynos version) with Android 10 using previously posted manual:

1) install DJI GO 4 from Play Market, run and wait unitl it downloads all required files

Where do you get DJI Fly 1.03?
Edit: Got it but its still not working
2020-1-9
Use props
anegin
lvl.1
Belarus

fansbd71c3f8 Posted at 1-9 05:45
Where do you get DJI Fly 1.03?
Edit: Got it but its still not working

Hmm. Now checked it one more time - uninstall all DJI apps, remove DJI folder, install DJI Fly app (dji.go.v5_1.0.3-2041373_minAPI23(arm64-v8a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk) and...  it works even without installing DJI GO 4 and aftter rebooting phone.
2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_zfFQEJTVzOdu
New

Switzerland

anegin Posted at 1-9 06:45
Hmm. Now checked it one more time - uninstall all DJI apps, remove DJI folder, install DJI Fly app (dji.go.v5_1.0.3-2041373_minAPI23(arm64-v8a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk) and...  it works even without installing DJI GO 4 and aftter rebooting phone.

DJI Fly App also doesnt work with Android 9.0 om Samsung device. What a pity!
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zfFQEJTVzOdu Posted at 1-9 09:26
DJI Fly App also doesnt work with Android 9.0 om Samsung device. What a pity!

It works on my Samsung S9. What phone do you have, an S10 with android 10 or some other?
2020-1-9
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

anegin Posted at 1-9 06:45
Hmm. Now checked it one more time - uninstall all DJI apps, remove DJI folder, install DJI Fly app (dji.go.v5_1.0.3-2041373_minAPI23(arm64-v8a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk) and...  it works even without installing DJI GO 4 and aftter rebooting phone.

Worked for me as well.
I'll add some details on the process for those who need step by step instructions (works for S10+ maybe other devices as well):

• Uninstall all DJI apps from your phone
  • Open any file manager (native Samsung's will work just fine)
  • Check and delete all DJI folders (make sure you have copies of your DJI photos and videos somewhere)
  • Open Play Store app > Settings > Auto-update Apps > Disable
  • Update your Android system to the latest security update available.
  • Install v.1.0.3 app. I've downloaded it from this resource: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-0-3-release/dji-fly-1-0-3-android-apk-download/download/
  • Open the app and accept all the requirements etc.
  • Wait until ZIP package is downloaded and unpacked
  • You're done (enter credentials and start using the app)

If it doesn't work on S10+ - repeat the procedure and pay more attention to the instructions

Please upvote if it helps.

2020-1-9
Use props
gallexson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150036 ft
Slovenia

dessol Posted at 1-9 11:00
Worked for me as well.
I'll add some details on the process for those who need step by step instructions:

I got  my MINI today, and i tried also this process and it did't work for me. I mean i ony have a white screen with dji logo on bottom. do i need to wait for some time?
2020-1-9
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

gallexson Posted at 1-9 13:25
I got  my MINI today, and i tried also this process and it did't work for me. I mean i ony have a white screen with dji logo on bottom. do i need to wait for some time?

Did you run each step thoroughly? Make sure to uninstall any DJI apps and then scan your system and manually delete all the folders and files with "DJI" on their title.

What device you're running?
Make sure you have all latest Android updates installed as well.
2020-1-9
Use props
gallexson
lvl.1
Slovenia

dessol Posted at 1-9 13:31
Did you run each step thoroughly? Make sure to uninstall any DJI apps and then scan your system and manually delete all the folders and files with "DJI" on their title.

What device you're running?

Hi dessol,

Yes i did, but i didn't had the latest update (January 2020 patch) from Samsung installed on my device (Note 10+) but i installing it ATM. I will update you how will everything go.
If things won't work i will try to do the same process on my Galaxy S10+, I hope it will work.

And one more question with this apk (DJI Fly 1.0.3) i don't need to install DJI GO 4 app?

2020-1-9
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

gallexson Posted at 1-9 13:45
Hi dessol,

Yes i did, but i didn't had the latest update (January 2020 patch) from Samsung installed on my device (Note 10+) but i installing it ATM. I will update you how will everything go.

If things won't work i will try to do the same process on my Galaxy S10+, I hope it will work.

gallexson,
This workaround worked fine on my S10+. I don't have other phones/tablets.

Which device did you try it on? Did you check DJI's FLY app device compatibility list?
I think results may vary per each device.

You do not need to install any other DJI apps to run DJI Fly app.
2020-1-9
Use props
gallexson
lvl.1
Slovenia

dessol Posted at 1-9 13:53
If things won't work i will try to do the same process on my Galaxy S10+, I hope it will work.

gallexson,

dessol!!!!!!

It worked on Galaxy S10+

Thank you, you are the real MVP of this forum.

Same process worked as you described. So i can confirm also that this guide worked on S10+
Now i will try to make it work on Note 10+

Thank you once again.
2020-1-9
Use props
Vim Fueago
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21558 ft
United Kingdom

pbx Posted at 1-9 03:49
I have probably around 100 3rd party apps installed. All worked seamlessly after the update. I understand Samsung is part of the problem, but it just shows DJI has crappy developers or is not willing to solve this widespread issue with priority.

How many of those 100 apps (which accounts for a miniscule fraction of Android apps available) access hardware?

DJI app will surely be touching little used Android APIs that the vast majority of simple software only apps never go near.
2020-1-9
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Worked for me as well.
I'll add some details on the process for those who need step by step instructions (works for S10+ maybe other devices as well):

Good work , the fact that version 1.0.3 works and 1.0.4 causes a problem suggests the fault is all DJI's and has nothing to do with Samsung
2020-1-9
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

lannes Posted at 1-9 14:15
Good work , the fact that version 1.0.3 works and 1.0.4 causes a problem suggests the fault is all DJI's and has nothing to do with Samsung

Correct. You're reading my mind. I've just posted that mind to the similar thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 721&pid=2056270
2020-1-9
Use props
pbx
lvl.1

Netherlands

Vim Fueago Posted at 1-9 14:11
How many of those 100 apps (which accounts for a miniscule fraction of Android apps available) access hardware?

DJI app will surely be touching little used Android APIs that the vast majority of simple software only apps never go near.

Still, if you didn't solve it after three months or more you just suck as a development team. Or at least out a clear notice on the product page and a sticker on the packaging or something to tell consumers about this.

This will only work against you as a brand in the end.
2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_lYUHJk9RRI2B
New

Russia

Remove app, delete folder dji, dawnload old version dji fly 1.0.3 and install, disable gestures on the phone, restart phone, working on samsung s10 exynos.
2020-1-9
Use props
gallexson
lvl.1
Slovenia

Worked for me as well.

Hi Everyone.

I can also confirm that this process works on Samsung Note 10+

Tested 3 times today and app didn't crash and drone flys without any problem.

Happy flying, till offical solutin comes out.

Cheers
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

gallexson Posted at 1-10 00:26
Hi Everyone.

I can also confirm that this process works on Samsung Note 10+

Great to know that, mate!
Happy flying.

My 1.0.3 app also works on S10+ absolutely smoothly.

For those who didn't have luck making it work on their S10 please repeat the procedure paying a little bit more attention to the instructions: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =205437&pid=2056132
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_WrNt6OGKVaES
New
Flight distance : 98848 ft
Thailand

How disappointing to receive a nonworking drone, the app crashes on my Galaxy s10, I managed to launch it once by downgrading to 1.0.3 but as I live in the blue area I can't even fly my drone in my garden, seriously this is ridiculous. I don't know if related but I couldn't format any of my SD cards from the app and anyway now the 1.0.3 won't launch either.
2020-1-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules