Just As Predicted, FAA Rules Favor Commercial Industry
718 2 2019-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I really feel that drone hobbyists/Part 107 don't participate enough in these changes that directly affect us.  Usually drone users just throw their hands up in the air and say "That's it, I'm selling my drone!".

All of these changes can be altered or even halted, if enough drone and model aircraft pilots moved in unison, as all of these changes are geared to favor heavy corporate and government operations, while 'the little guy' gets left by the wayside.
I do feel bad for the legacy model aircraft group, as they were pretty much free to fly how they wanted for decades, now, they're all lumped together in this mess, while possibly losing out the most.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/12/27/faa-drones-tracking-system/?utm_campaign=homepage&utm_medium=internal&utm_source=dl#comments

2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Neo Supreme. Thank you for sharing these informtaion and this link us. This thread will make our valued DJI co pilots aware. Great find and thank you for your support.
2019-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Of course the proposed FAA rules favor the commercial industry.  Commercial Industry has deployed a combined effort to advocate for themselves.  They don't want hobby flyers to interfere with their abilities to make huge $$ off drone deliveries etc.  Hobby flyers do not have a big advocate to counter.  However, we as individuals still have a voice in letting the FAA know what we think of their proposed new rules.  Especially about the privacy issues, etc.  We hobbyist must not waste our opportunity to give input.

Happy New Year.
2020-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules