Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Australia (AU) : getting license, is it worth it ..?
834 7 2019-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
v01d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

I saw some courses here which allows you to get some sort of 'drone license',  from non-commerical to commerial.

I was considering getting one for hobby use ... Is it worth it? Any Auzzies here who got it ?  I dunno, perhaps I can get some priveleges flying it places if I have a 'license'?

Advice if it's worth it!

2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day v01d. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our DJI co pilot with regards to this matter. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2019-12-30
Use props
Gazmg
First Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Read Here.

https://www.google.com/search?cl ... e+in+australier+%3F
2020-1-9
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Waste of time and money, unless you want to fly commercially
2020-1-9
Use props
Gazmg
First Officer
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 1-9 03:11
Waste of time and money, unless you want to fly commercially

In the UK its now Law,some will not reg but then IF there out flying and are approached and ask for there details and cannot prove, then they could be fined £1000 ...Also ALL drone pilots should have insurance just in case ! my opinion.
2020-1-9
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gazmg Posted at 1-9 04:36
In the UK its now Law,some will not reg but then IF there out flying and are approached and ask for there details and cannot prove, then they could be fined £1000 ...Also ALL drone pilots should have insurance just in case ! my opinion.

I think the Flyer ID and the operator ID are different to the licensing we have in Australia.

We have what we call the RePL (remote piloting license), which is a commercial license, we don't have the basic registration for ID purposes just yet
2020-1-9
Use props
Gazmg
First Officer
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 1-9 06:26
I think the Flyer ID and the operator ID are different to the licensing we have in Australia.

We have what we call the RePL (remote piloting license), which is a commercial license, we don't have the basic registration for ID purposes just yet

Slightly off subject my thoughts are with everyone out there at this terrible time....we have so much rain ,you need and you have so much dry that we need....
2020-1-9
Use props
v01d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

lannes Posted at 1-9 06:26

I just went and got it anyway.

So I'm RPL licensed now. It is a good course, and, in Australia more and more private non-licensed users WILL get fined for breaking rules.  It's on the CASA agenda.  Some were already fined, a teen managed to get 2 fines on same flight even.
If you don't want to do it, it is still worth it to know the basic rules CASA set.

Otherwise, for < 2kg drone, in AU you do NOT have to have a license even operating it commercially (quite good drones are in that category).  You just register, verify our identity, and your intention to operate commercially. You DO HAVE to comply with rules however, full on. Licensed or not. You also will still be limited without RPL wrt to who will insure you, in particular against public damage.

Further, with RPL only (pilot license only) , you will still have difficulties about insurance & public liability, and you will have to most likely then work for a Co with ROC ceritification - i.e. Remote Operator license. You can get ROC, but , it's for a company/ corporation, and obviously you have to dish out more $$ to get it.
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules