Compass calibration without phone
3442 4 2019-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Hey guys. So I'm in a short winter vacation and i managed to forget my cable that connects the RC to the phone. I can use it like that but now the Mini wants a compass calibration (yellow and red flashing). It turns green after takeoff but goes back to yellow and red after landing. Is there a way to perform the calibration without a phone?

Thanks.
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ice_2k. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for the inquiry. Upon checking the DJI Mavic Mini. I am sorry to say that with out a mobile device connected to the remote controller. We are not able to to perform the calibration of the DJI Mavic Mini without a phone. Thank you.
2019-12-30
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Thanks for the reply, Stephen. When flying outside, if the drone has a solid gps lock, is the compass used? Am I taking a chance by flying with it in this situation?
2019-12-30
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 12-30 09:17
Thanks for the reply, Stephen. When flying outside, if the drone has a solid gps lock, is the compass used? Am I taking a chance by flying with it in this situation?

Yes the compass is used, don't fly.
2019-12-30
Use props
69th Drone Detachment
lvl.2

United States

Ice_2k Posted at 12-30 09:17

I've flown about thirty batteries worth without a phone or DJI Fly app. The aircraft flies well and responds well....I have good control, BUT...when flying in this mode, you are limited to a (approx) 60 foot 'bubble' altitude and distance. FYI.
2019-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules