M2P arrived with broken seal.... does it matter?
1906 9 2019-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

I picked up my Mavic 2 Pro in a bundle from Adorama in December 2019 but the drone arrived with a broken seal on the box.
Product looked new, as did all included accesories, the battery had 0 cycles, no problems registering, and it flies fine, so I shouldn't be worried... or should I?

I see from the reviews on B & H that this is a common issue...

My Mavic Air also came with a broken seal, but was new and has flow perfectly for over 100 flights.

Has anyone else received their new drone with a broken seal?

Is there a legitmate reason for this, such as customs inspection, or are vendors passing off returns as "new"???

broken seal.jpg
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jason James. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for purchasing DJI. For me to check are you able to provide me the serial number through PM of the said drone for me to able to check the status of the drone. Thank you.
2019-12-30
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Ecuador

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-30 09:39
Hello and good day Jason James. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for purchasing DJI. For me to check are you able to provide me the serial number through PM of the said drone for me to able to check the status of the drone. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

I will do that.
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jason James Posted at 12-30 11:59
Thanks for your reply.

I will do that.

You are very much welcome Jason James. I will wait for your PM. if you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you. Thank you for your support and may you and your family have a great New Year ahead. .
2019-12-30
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Likely an open box. Buyer broke the seal, decided didn't want it and sent it back. To answer your question, no. If you were able to registered the drone and visable damage and it works well, you'll be fine.
2019-12-30
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Ecuador

SD_Pilot Posted at 2019-12-30 12:07
Likely an open box. Buyer broke the seal, decided didn't want it and sent it back. To answer your question, no. If you were able to registered the drone and visable damage and it works well, you'll be fine.

That's what I assumed as well, and since I was on vacation over the holidays I didn't have time to deal with it. Thanks for your response.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_qpNs7WK7AhXz
lvl.1

United States

I ordered direct from DJI and the seal was broken on mine too. The shrink wrap was also opened. The production date is Dec 5 2019 so I highly doubt it was a returned item. Was yours still in plastic wrap?
EE8550AF-C96A-4526-86D0-CB586CD9B052.jpeg
2020-1-2
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Ecuador

djiuser_qpNs7WK7AhXz Posted at 1-2 05:04
I ordered direct from DJI and the seal was broken on mine too. The shrink wrap was also opened. The production date is Dec 5 2019 so I highly doubt it was a returned item. Was yours still in plastic wrap?

I don't think I had shrink wrap on mine, either but I honestly can't remember.

When I bought a Mavic Air a year ago from an authorized reseller, it also came with the seal broken, and I've had no trouble at all.

I'm just wondering if there is a legitimate explanation. After all, it would make sense for customs to open up boxes to verify contents, right?
2020-1-2
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't worry especially if there were 0 charges on lipo and no flight records, no scratches or dents (looks new) .and as long as YOU were able to activate it I would say u are good to go....I will say it is weird how some seals are broken....the first pic isn't your normal "slit and then open " seal....looks weird like it wasn't fully ripped all the way?
2020-1-3
Use props
AlsDrone
New

United States

Jason James Posted at 2019-12-30 11:59
Thanks for your reply.

I will do that.

Received mine today the same way. Anyone find out why and could they hack into your drone and data if they have the QR code?
20201028_143302.jpg
2020-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules