Will i ever get this thing to fly ?, Pain in that arse :-(
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Newbieflyer-uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, in a nut shell, I go on line and disable the geozone, says i have 24 hours.
go out into the garden, and when i want to hover for first time, it comes up with a notice about the zone area im flying in, i live about half mile as the crow flies to a militry airport, but i live in a blue zone and dji have given me 24 hours to fly then i can renew, how gracious of them.
I use my Android phone with DJI GO on itall connects fine, untill this notice pops up that prevents me from doing anything.
I do as it says and log in with email and password, press submit or whatever and nothing happens, im stuck at that point.
I do get a notification saying new firmware available, but i dont think i want to install it seeing the probs others are having with it, got enough of them already.
Do i have to download the firmware.
And is there a way do disable the geozone thing permently, it does say its only advisory, but big brother is preventing me from flying my new toy in my very larg back garden, just want to go no higher then 10/20 feet to learn the controls.
Any help would be so appreciated, before i bin it, Ty

2019-12-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You don't have to fly in your backyard.
Why don't you take your drone for a little drive and get away from the military airport and find a nice open area to do your early flying away from complications?

Leave the firmware for now, it won't make much difference anyway but there's no need to complicate things at this stage.

2019-12-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-30 15:21
You don't have to fly in your backyard.
Why don't you take your drone for a little drive and get away from the military airport and find a nice open area to do your early flying away from complications?

Excellent suggestion!
2019-12-30
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally I would do as Labroides suggested, find yourself a nice big field away from anyone or an airfield a practice flight, and see if you get any messages I did exactly that when I first  got into flying, but i'm lucky enough to live in a small welsh village on the edge of the Snowdnia National park, that my play ground. don't give up on it
2019-12-31
Use props
Newbieflyer-uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ty for the replies, i will have to do that i guess, but just wanted to fly it around my house, im sure i need my roof looking at lol, will let you know how it goes :-)
2019-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules