2353 32 2019-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mwest34
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3747 ft
United States

Hi All,

Just got my Mavic Mini for Christmas as a gift, I'm totally in love with this drone. I activated it few days ago and started watching YouTube videos for tips and tricks but in those videos they mentioned potential issues and crashes which made me think about getting the extended warranty. I went back to DJI's website to get the Care Refresh warranty and realized that I'm a day or so out of the specified requirement time. My question to the group is: is there any type of special holiday exceptions? The validation process has me jumping through more than a couple of hoops in order to be able to purchase the warranty, has anyone else had to do this and is it any different for the Mavic Mini vs. some of the other drones?

Thanks,
Mwest

2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I got my mini combo and DJI Care refresh prior receiving the drone, you can activate it up to 24 or 48h after, however you can still get it, you just need to make a video where you show the drone works great and no issues, then they verify data and add the DJI Care to your drone serial number.
It may be a bit of a pain but totally worth it IMHO.
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Some info here, at first looks like a lot, but is not that much really, hope it helps:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-79958-1-1.html
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mwest. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you further. Kindly please send an email to djicare@dji.com for us to be able to assist you. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to help you as soon as possible. Thank you.
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is something I never thought of. I'm glad I got the care refresh at the same time I ordered my mini or I probably would have been in the same situation.
2019-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-30 10:22
I got my mini combo and DJI Care refresh prior receiving the drone, you can activate it up to 24 or 48h after, however you can still get it, you just need to make a video where you show the drone works great and no issues, then they verify data and add the DJI Care to your drone serial number.
It may be a bit of a pain but totally worth it IMHO.

You can still get care refresh, but you must provide video evidence.
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

JodyB Posted at 12-30 10:31
That is something I never thought of. I'm glad I got the care refresh at the same time I ordered my mini or I probably would have been in the same situation.

Yep, I stumbled upon the video while I was working out if I was gonna get it or not, and the video put me off, then I realized is only when you have passed 48h from registration...
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 12-30 10:39
You can still get care refresh, but you must provide video evidence.

Yeah that is what I tried to explain to the OP, it still worth it to make the video.
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Agreed IMHO. it is worth it if you can get what they need so you can get the dare refresh. You may never need it, but I think it's worth the peace of mind I'm not going to have to buy another whole new drone should  do something stupid or something else catastrophic happen.
2019-12-30
Use props
jz729
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4130922 ft
Suriname

JodyB Posted at 12-30 10:51
Agreed IMHO. it is worth it if you can get what they need so you can get the dare refresh. You may never need it, but I think it's worth the peace of mind I'm not going to have to buy another whole new drone should  do something stupid or something else catastrophic happen.

Is it still worth it if you live somewhere where you can't even ship it back if something were to happen to it? Literally the only way of shipping something from where I live, to the U.S. is via crazy expensive DHL shipping, or buying a plane ticket and bringing it myself.
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jz729 Posted at 12-30 10:54
Is it still worth it if you live somewhere where you can't even ship it back if something were to happen to it? Literally the only way of shipping something from where I live, to the U.S. is via crazy expensive DHL shipping, or buying a plane ticket and bringing it myself.

I suppose that would depend on how crazy expensive it would be to ship back versus the cost of an alternative way of either repairing or replacing the mini. Just have to use your best judgement for your situation.
2019-12-30
Use props
lprising
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32402 ft
Canada

I am just wondering how you can provide the DJI Fly video evidence for the Mini Care Refresh if you are in a blue NFZ forced on you (and cannot even start up your Mini with the app)?...
2019-12-30
Use props
Mwest34
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3747 ft
United States

Thanks for all the feedback! I reached out to customer care with my concerns and they extended my warranty grace period – my status has been changed from disappointed to very pleased!!
2019-12-30
Use props
lprising
lvl.3
Canada

lprising Posted at 12-30 11:26
I am just wondering how you can provide the DJI Fly video evidence for the Mini Care Refresh if you are in a blue NFZ forced on you (and cannot even start up your Mini with the app)?...

Just received the answer from DJI: go to a place outside the NFZ zone to make the verification video... Nice one! (By the way, I just came off of a chat with Customer Care, and they still say the firmware and app update will be released by the end of December... (No word about which year, though)
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_Je0vi4qF2vDh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2270636 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just receive my Mini and purchased Care Refresh. The email confirmation from DJI didn’t mention anything about activating Care Refresh?
2019-12-30
Use props
lprising
lvl.3
Canada

djiuser_Je0vi4qF2vDh Posted at 12-30 12:08
I just receive my Mini and purchased Care Refresh. The email confirmation from DJI didn’t mention anything about activating Care Refresh?

That refers to a Mini if you want to activate Care Refresh beyond the 48 hours limit.
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mwest34 Posted at 12-30 11:50
Thanks for all the feedback! I reached out to customer care with my concerns and they extended my warranty grace period – my status has been changed from disappointed to very pleased!!

That's awesome man. Glad you got that taken care off!!!
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

djiuser_Je0vi4qF2vDh Posted at 12-30 12:08

You activate the DJI Care refresh by adding the serial number of your air craft.
2019-12-30
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

I guess I should call them, too.  I was also disappointed to find out that I couldn't buy the care refresh because the serial numbers reported by the Fly app are not the real serial numbers that you need.  So trying multiple times, I couldn't get the website to work.

By the time I found something on YouTube that said you had to use the illegible numbers on the tiny stickers, got a QR code reader to decipher them (since the mystery character at the end was a complete blur) and tried again, the 48 hours had passed.

Watching how to make the video, I saw that you'd really need an assistant to film things and you would have to fly outdoors to achieve the distance required.  With the incessant winds here, that's going to be a while for me to get it done.

I wish there had been a note in the box, or sticker on the drone telling me about the coverage and warning to buy it right away, AND explaining where to find the REAL serial numbers.  That would have made this a lot easier.
2019-12-30
Use props
nepadrone1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7972 ft
United States

I had to do a video exception for it as I was just outside of the 48 hr window, wound up just returning it for a new one and ordered the refresh plan right away
2019-12-30
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

They really need to make this all more clear.  I was disappointed to find out that I can't purchase the plan.

I understand that they don't want people deciding to buy it after they've already crashed the thing.  But at least let people know it's available, and how to get it so they won't find out about it after it's already too late to buy it.

A pop up in the program as you're first registering the drone would be helpful.  A note in the box would be helpful.

Not the most well-considered marketing IMO.  
2019-12-30
Use props
lprising
lvl.3
Canada

Sigmo Posted at 12-30 12:49
They really need to make this all more clear.  I was disappointed to find put that I can't purchase the plan.

I understand that they don't want people deciding to buy it after they've already crashed the thing.  But at least let people know it's available, and how to get it so they won't find out about it after it's already too late to buy it.

You can still purchase it later if you send in averification video. See: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
There is also a pdf file with instructions below the video window on that page.
Customer Care will also explain it (try a chat from CC)
2019-12-30
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

Can someone tell me if there is a time limit for getting DJI Care Refresh using the verification video method? I've had my drone a month or so. It might be another month or so before I can get it. Is there a time frame for that? TIA for any answers.
2019-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

The Watchman News Posted at 12-30 13:47
Can someone tell me if there is a time limit for getting DJI Care Refresh using the verification video method? I've had my drone a month or so. It might be another month or so before I can get it. Is there a time frame for that? TIA for any answers.

I’m not certain for MM, But Mavic Air was 4 months, if you can get care refresh for MM it’s probably the cheapest peace of mind money you will ever spend .
2019-12-30
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-30 15:09
I’m not certain for MM, But Mavic Air was 4 months, if you can get care refresh for MM it’s probably the cheapest peace of mind money you will ever spend .

Thanks for your reply. Good deal I still have time then. Yes, I'm heavily considering it. I am curious though how much it costs to replace the drone should something happen.

I really think I should do this as soon as I get paid for the decal order I am currently working on.
2019-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

The Watchman News Posted at 12-30 15:12
Thanks for your reply. Good deal I still have time then. Yes, I'm heavily considering it. I am curious though how much it costs to replace the drone should something happen.

I really think I should do this as soon as I get paid for the decal order I am currently working on.

Replacement 1st $40 2nd $49 it makes perfect sense .
2019-12-30
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-30 15:22
Replacement 1st $40 2nd $49 it makes perfect sense .

Thank you very much for the info. Yea I really think it's wise I do it. I did put a custom vinyl decal on top of it. Will that matter for making my video?
2019-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

The Watchman News Posted at 12-30 15:25
Thank you very much for the info. Yea I really think it's wise I do it. I did put a custom vinyl decal on top of it. Will that matter for making my video?

No you should be fine .
2019-12-30
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
United States

2019-12-30
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
United States

BTW I am sure many will question my ability to spell. LoL Angery American is the name of an author. And even he spelled it as intended.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=angery  
2019-12-30
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

lprising Posted at 2019-12-30 12:53
You can still purchase it later if you send in averification video. See: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
There is also a pdf file with instructions below the video window on that page.
Customer Care will also explain it (try a chat from CC)

Yes.  I watched their video about how to make the video right after I found that I'd missed the 48 hour window of opportunity.  Unfortunately, I'll have to recruit a cameraman and have a day without howling winds to try to make such a video.

It could have been so fast and easy, if only there had been something in the package that told us that this insurance was available, told what the deadline after registereing was, and told us which serial numbers to use.  Not the best marketing on DJI's part if they really do want to sell this insurance.
2020-1-1
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

lprising Posted at 2019-12-30 11:26
I am just wondering how you can provide the DJI Fly video evidence for the Mini Care Refresh if you are in a blue NFZ forced on you (and cannot even start up your Mini with the app)?...

Good point.
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1972316 ft
United States

jz729 Posted at 2019-12-30 10:54

In the DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement, one of the points states:

"4) DJI will cover shipping fees only in the country or region where DJI Care Refresh was purchased. Otherwise, the customer will bear responsibility any shipping and customs fees caused by sending the product from another region. DJI has the right to refuse service in this circumstance."

Seems that as long as you claim your Care Refresh replacement from the same country where you originally bought it, shipping costs should be covered by DJI.
2020-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules