How I override the low light / no take off when flying indoors.
12Next >
16335 53 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

How I override the low light / no take off when flying indoors warning message.
2019-12-31
Use props
stubbietubbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119288 ft
Australia

Turn some lights on!
2019-12-31
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

Even though the lights where on because the sensors are so close to the take off surface it still reports low light.
2019-12-31
Use props
stubbietubbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119288 ft
Australia

I guess nobody's home.
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

I too would like an answer to this.

Plus is it possible to roll back a firmware an the AC/RC as I believe is the case with other DJI drones?

Thanks.
2019-12-31
Use props
DeeZee1967
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44469 ft
Canada

Doesn't it say Fly with Caution?  I have the same message but I'm unable to fly because it says I'm in a Red Zone when the map says I'm in a Blue Zone.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 04:52
I too would like an answer to this.

Plus is it possible to roll back a firmware an the AC/RC as I believe is the case with other DJI drones?

You can roll back. You have to use a computer and DJI Assistant to for Mavic to do it though. I actually just used DJI Assistant 2 to do the upgrade. I wonder what threshold of light makes it not want to take off and if it's too sensitive?
2019-12-31
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I don't think you can override the low light take off block unless you do the compass calibration

The  other way could be to illuminate the take off spot, with a led light velcroed to the AC pointing downwards
2019-12-31
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JodyB Posted at 12-31 05:04
You can roll back. You have to use a computer and DJI Assistant to for Mavic to do it though. I actually just used DJI Assistant 2 to do the upgrade. I wonder what threshold of light makes it not want to take off and if it's too sensitive?

Me too I may try in a bit outdoors regarding the low light.
I have to say I like the option to not take off unless 8 sats, this will bring down the unfortunate fly aways...
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-31 05:04

@JodyB ............

Pls confirm that after the update (using DJI Assistant), when you connect the AC back to assistant the old firmware is actually available for install?

Thanks!
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-31 05:12
Me too I may try in a bit outdoors regarding the low light.
I have to say I like the option to not take off unless 8 sats, this will bring down the unfortunate fly aways...

I do wonder how that will affect night flights. Although I don't plan on doing very many, still would like to be able to if the opportunity came up. I just tried it here at my office after the update and I was able to spool up the motors. I didn't get a low light warning though, but it is pretty bright in here. I didn't try to take off either. Have to wait and see if others say they can't fly inside because of GPS lock.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 05:16
@JodyB ............

Pls confirm that after the update (using DJI Assistant), when you connect the AC back to assistant the old firmware is actually available for install?

Give me a minute and I'll connect it back up to the computer and take a screenshot of how it comes up. I don't mind at all.
2019-12-31
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

JodyB Posted at 12-31 05:19
I do wonder how that will affect night flights. Although I don't plan on doing very many, still would like to be able to if the opportunity came up. I just tried it here at my office after the update and I was able to spool up the motors. I didn't get a low light warning though, but it is pretty bright in here. I didn't try to take off either. Have to wait and see if others say they can't fly inside because of GPS lock.

Inside my house there was always 0-5 sats, so I guess I was flying in popti or Atti mode, but since I think you can override the alert by tapping the red sat icon, take off will be possible.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here you go

2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

@JodyB

Thank you so much sir.

Appreciate your help........ as always!
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-31 05:24
Inside my house there was always 0-5 sats, so I guess I was flying in popti or Atti mode, but since I think you can override the alert by tapping the red sat icon, take off will be possible.

I didn't think about that. I did read that, but it's still early am for me and I've had no caffeine yet, LOL!!
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 05:25
@JodyB

Thank you so much sir.

No problem. Always glad to help when I can!!
2019-12-31
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Russia

They say that you can disable the new "feature" in the new DJI Fly 1.04 can somebody check??????
2019-12-31
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

JodyB Posted at 12-31 05:25
I didn't think about that. I did read that, but it's still early am for me and I've had no caffeine yet, LOL!!

I pray for the caffeine lord every morning too lol
2019-12-31
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

ARTPiranha Posted at 12-31 05:41
They say that you can disable the new "feature" in the new DJI Fly 1.04 can somebody check??????

I didnt find an option in the APP, but cannot test further right now.
I only updated RC, AC, APP and batteries and while browsing didn't find anything different.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-31 05:45
I pray for the caffeine lord every morning too lol

I fear I'm falling into the stereotype of men standing around drinking coffee and talking sports, hunting, and now droning, LOL!!!
2019-12-31
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ARTPiranha Posted at 12-31 05:41

You can disable the take-off block for not enough satellites from the pre-flight check list, next to the error message there will be a blue "unlock"

If you get the low light take off block , then it is a real low light situation and you will need to do a compass calibration to unlock it.
I assume it wants the compass to be accurate as possbile to work with the GPS, since you haven't go VPS support in the low light conditions

I don't think this will affect night flights, as you would not have had VPS for those in the first place
I was still able to take off on a pitch black night because I had a strong GPS lock

2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-31 05:52
I fear I'm falling into the stereotype of men standing around drinking coffee and talking sports, hunting, and now droning, LOL!!!

I may not be a beer drinker........ but I sure know how to drink my coffee!!!

2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 06:17
I may not be a beer drinker........ but I sure know how to drink my coffee!!!

[view_image]

LOL looks like there should be beer in that mug!!! I'm don't care much for beer myself. If I want to drink, I like bourbon. Of course this might sound like I'm biased but I like Kentucky bourbon best. A little Devil's Cut on New Years eve!! That's the only time I drink and it's usually only a shot at that.
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

OK....... so using DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, I updated the MM and each of the 3 batteries, as well as the RC.

I  powered up the MM in the basement, and got a lock out, which I was easily able to override. I will attach screenshots of the sequence (in order) which should be pretty self explanatory - picture 2, you tap on the "Unable to take off" warning to get to the next screen, and of course you then tap on "Unlock". After this, I hovered as usual, still as stable, with no issues what so ever, other than a couple of low light warnings which I had never seen before when hovering in this same location. (I probably should set up a screen recorder to capture those).

2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 06:48
OK....... so using DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, I updated the MM and each of the 3 batteries, as well as the RC.

I  powered up the MM in the basement, and got a lock out, which I was easily able to override. I will attach screenshots of the sequence (in order) which should be pretty self explanatory - picture 2, you tap on the "Unable to take off" warning to get to the next screen, and of course you then tap on "Unlock". After this, I hovered as usual, still as stable, with no issues what so ever, other than a couple of low light warnings which I had never seen before when hovering in this same location. (I probably should set up a screen recorder to capture those).

Good deal man!! That is awesome!!
2019-12-31
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I think that you should press the red message and press the blue unlock and you are ready to fly
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

Niknik Posted at 12-31 06:55
I think that you should press the red message and press the blue unlock and you are ready to fly

Read the whole post, brother
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 12-31 06:55

I think he was showing how to disable the no take off with low GPS satellites for flying indoors.
2019-12-31
Use props
marktottymy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91860 ft
United States

On my Android version, I have to do compass calibration, then it will take off, but there is no instruction, you jut have to do it, then the cannot take off warning goes away....
2019-12-31
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

JodyB Posted at 12-31 06:59
I think he was showing how to disable the no take off with low GPS satellites for flying indoors.

Yes is the same
2019-12-31
Use props
Tasos GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15852192 ft
  • >>>
Greece

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 06:48

I  powered up the MM in the basement, and got a lock out, which I was easily able to override. I will attach screenshots of the sequence (in order) which should be pretty self explanatory - picture 2, you tap on the "Unable to take off" warning to get to the next screen, and of course you then tap on "Unlock". After this, I hovered as usual, still as stable, with no issues what so ever, other than a couple of low light warnings which I had never seen before when hovering in this same location. (I probably should set up a screen recorder to capture those).

do we have to update the batteries also? how can we do that?
thanks
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

For me it was different. I have included screen record just to avoid confusion.

2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

Tasos GR Posted at 12-31 07:46
thanks

I always update my 3 batteries when there is a firmware update, using DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic.

Put 1st battery in MM and plug into PC with Assistant running. It will prompt to update if there is one available.

When done, disconnect from PC, remove battery and put 2nd battery into MM. Plug back into PC and it should prompt again to update. Run update again, then do the same for 3rd battery.

This procedure has worked for me each time there has been an update for the MM.
2019-12-31
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Tasos GR Posted at 12-31 07:46
thanks

Yes . it requests you to do so , there should be a message on the front page of the DJI Fly app before you enter the camera view. For each different battery you need to restart the DJI Fly app each time, otherwise you won't get the battery upgrade message
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-31 07:56
For me it was different. I have included screen record just to avoid confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBM1ecOmprg

@JodyB

What screen recorder are you using?

Are you ios or Android?
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Updating the battery, if there is an available update, can be done from either DJI Assistant 2 or from the Fly app. As StubbornSwiss pointed out how to do it with Assistant 2, doing it with the Fly app isn't a whole lot different. Connect RC and AC with un-updated battery in the mini. When you open the app, if it goes to camera view go back to the initial first screen and you should see a notification about a battery update. Tap it to install the update. The mini will shut down when it is complete. Change out to any other un-updated battery, force close the fly app and reconnect and it should do the same.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 08:05
@JodyB

What screen recorder are you using?

Built in IOS
2019-12-31
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

Ahh..... ok, cheers.

Android here. Will see what others are using.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 12-31 08:09
Ahh..... ok, cheers.

Android here. Will see what others are using.

Sorry, off topic here, but what are your thoughts on your osmo 3?
2019-12-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules