Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Law compliance update request] France's new drone measures
1261 7 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drycatoh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1172723 ft
France

Hi everyone, especially DJI's dev team,

Recently, in France, new laws have been voted and we've finally had the details about it. Everything below is in addition to the current laws, obviously. So get prepared seriously if you wanna fly in France ;)
Every aircraft over 800 grams will require an electronic reporting device, according to those specifications :
(I'll do my best to translate it as accurately as possible)

- The reporting message must consist of a single Wi-Fi frame, non-encrypted, broadcast over channel 6 or any channel of the 2400-2483.5 MHz bandwith
- It must be broadcast every 3 seconds at maximum, and every 30 meters

It must contain :
- A unique manufacturer ID (defined by the Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition, I don't know yet if they've been defined, sorry)
- The aircraft model (or the Device's model (in case of an external signaling device))
- The aircraft's serial number (or the device's serial number)
- The position of the aircraft (latitude, longitude in WGS84 and it's vertical position)
- The takeoff point (lattitude, longitude in WGS84)
- Horizontal speed (m/s)
- cap (in °)

I know some points could be clearer, but I'm sending this message more in an effort to communicate with DJI to ask if they could do an update so we don't have to buy an external device (because we know the last models are 100% capable of doing this, like Mavic 2 and P4 series, with many others probably).
It's also an informative message for the french pilots ;)
I'm sure DJI devs can do something about this, it will take effect on the 29th of June 2020.

Hope my message will reach into DJI's office!
Have a great day everyone, fly safely !

Drycatoh

PS : Source article : https://blog.studiosport.fr/dispositifs-signalement-electronique-lumineux-drone-800g/?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=reseaux_sociaux&utm_campaign=link
2019-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum and thank you for sharing this informative post. I will forward this recommendation/thread to our designated DJI support team for further evaluation. Thank you.
2019-12-31
Use props
fans1d525462
lvl.1
France

Bonjour. quoi de neuf à ce sujet?
2020-6-17
Use props
Drycatoh
lvl.4
France

fans1d525462 Posted at 6-17 07:03
Bonjour. quoi de neuf à ce sujet?

Bonjour également!

DJI est en contact avec les autorités françaises concernant cette nouvelle réglementation, et tous les drones équipés du protocole OcuSync 2 devraient bénéficier d'une MàJ firmware qui rendra le drone capable d'émettre lui-même la trame de signalement sans dispositif externe (à savoir la série Mavic 2, les P4 Pro V2.0, P4 RTK, P4 Multispectral, Matrice 200 V2 / 210 V2).
Les autres drones plus anciens (Mavic Air 1, Mavic Pro 1, P4 Pro v1 / Adv. , P4 standard, Inspire, ...) nécessiteront l'achat d'un boitier de signalement externe à fixer sur le drone

Plus d'infos sur cet article de StudioSport :
https://blog.studiosport.fr/bali ... x&utm_campaign=link

Bon vol !
Drycatoh
2020-7-8
Use props
heliaetus
Second Officer
Greece

Drycatoh Posted at 7-8 08:43
Bonjour également!

DJI est en contact avec les autorités françaises concernant cette nouvelle réglementation, et tous les drones équipés du protocole OcuSync 2 devraient bénéficier d'une MàJ firmware qui rendra le drone capable d'émettre lui-même la trame de signalement sans dispositif externe (à savoir la série Mavic 2, les P4 Pro V2.0, P4 RTK, P4 Multispectral, Matrice 200 V2 / 210 V2).

Mavic Air & Mavic Pro are below 800 grams so no  worries. And what's the format of these messages plain text or something else?
2020-7-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Time to buy the Mavic Air 2 by the look of it - 570g.
2020-7-9
Use props
Drycatoh
lvl.4
France

heliaetus Posted at 7-9 00:45
Mavic Air & Mavic Pro are below 800 grams so no  worries. And what's the format of these messages plain text or something else?

Oh you're right about the Mavic Pro 1 and Air 1, I forgot about that ^^'

Actually, the message is not in plain text, it's an encoded frame which contains multiple informations, available publicly so anyone can make its own emitting device!
However, I don't know if it has already been published somewhere for the public (I only found this article, explaining each information of the frame, but I can't figure out if that would be enough for anyone to create its own emitting device : https://www.signal-drone.com/2020/06/26/informations-codees-transmises-par-le-signalement-electronique/ , and sorry it's in french ^^'), and I only know 2 brands (Skyinnov and Dronavia) which made these devices as far as now, and they're super expensive
2020-7-9
Use props
heliaetus
Second Officer
Greece

To recap we're talking probably about a WiFi beacon frame -attached with Vendor Information Element (ID 221)- and a JSON payload {"1":<Protocol Version>,"2":"REGISTERED SERIAL NUMBER","4":<Current latitude in decimal Degrees>, "5":<Current longitude in decimal Degrees>,  "6":<AMSL in meters>, "7":<AGL in meters (instead of AMSL)>, "8":<Launch latitude in decimal Degrees>, "9":<Launch longitude in decimal Degrees>, "10":<True air speed in m/s>, "11":<True heading in degrees>}

Et voilà, assez facile à faire pour les ingénieurs DJI

2020-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules