2369 3 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Balto588
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6551526 ft
Canada

Hi and thanks for taking the time to help me,

I am using a Matrice M200 V2 with an X4S. The problem I am running into is the X4S is not showing up and I get an error "Gimbal:2, Gimbal cannot receive MC data".

"Solution: Check the 8-pin plug that connects the damping plate and the aircraft. Ensure that non of the pins are loose. If the problem persists, contact DJI Support."

The really odd thing is everything was working fine, it got put away and when I took it our to do some maintenance, this happened.

Before I contact DJI support, I wanted to see if anyone here has a solution to this.

Symptoms:

-Camera is not showing up. No video feed. Nothing saved to the SD card if I try and use the controllers shutter button.

-X4S is powering up normally. Gimbal is working. I have pitch and yaw control with the remote.

-No other problems with the aircraft.

Troubleshooting so fare:

-Tried older firmware for Jan 12th 2019 and latest firmware.

-Camera mounting socket is free of dirt, all pin are in good condition. No other damage.

-Tried Zenmuse XT with adaptor and that works find BUY error is still there.

The solution say to check the 8-pin plug but I'm not sure what it means. There is the data cable going from the camera plug into the bottom of the fuselage. Everything with this cable is connected properly on the camera mount but I don't know how to get in and see if it has come loose inside the aircraft. Any help here or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!

2019-12-31
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Haven't looked, but was there a firmware update for the camera specifically? If so, that needs to be updated as well.
2019-12-31
Use props
Balto588
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6551526 ft
Canada

EFRPIC Posted at 2019-12-31 15:53
Haven't looked, but was there a firmware update for the camera specifically? If so, that needs to be updated as well.

Thanks for the reply,

The X4S was working fine and like I said this just happened out of nowhere one day. I was wondering if it could be a camera firmware issue but I have no way of checking it now because the camera is't recognized by the M200. I have tried both updating the downgrading the firmware through Assistant 2 with the X4S attached but nothing changes.

Any suggestions on how I can check the camera firmware?
2020-1-2
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Based on your troubleshooting, it would appear that the camera needs to go back to DJI for service. However, I am confused by your following quote:
-Tried Zenmuse XT with adaptor and that works find BUY error is still there
The pin error?
I know that it is a weak link in the system where the gimbals plug into the main aircraft (the connector they are telling you to check. "Weak" in terms of fragile. I know that when switching the gimbal out to the overhead the plug is really prone to wire breaks.
I am also confused on the Gimbal 2 message. Do you only have the single gimbal installed or are you using the dual gimbal? You have not mentioned trying the camera on the alternate, so I have to assume there really is no Gimbal 2 hardware.
There are videos on YOUTUBE that show how to remove the cable. (Look under switching from downward to upward gimbals)
2020-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules