Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Signal Loss at 49 feet
1341 13 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709094 ft
United States

Any tips on how to prevent this or what the cause is? I am having complete signals at an extremely short range. Firmware is up to date, this has happened on firmare versions 3 and 4. I am running the app on an iPhone 11 max pro with the antennas pointed correctly. Any tips or help would be appreciated. I am not in a largely populated area.

624 feet signal loss

624 feet signal loss

49 feet signal loss

49 feet signal loss
2019-12-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

" I am not in a largely populated area."

It sure looks like you are? What is the large building in the right of the first photo? Try reading this: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
2019-12-31
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 12-31 21:56

It sure looks like you are? What is the large building in the right of the first photo? Try reading this: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556

It's probably a school, bristling with wi-fi extenders etc.
2019-12-31
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Hello, if you could upload your flight logs we could take a look and help give you a better idea of what happened and why.

(This does Apply to the mini as well)
Phantom Help Log Viewer
2019-12-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

lannes Posted at 2019-12-31 23:35
It's probably a school, bristling with wi-fi extenders etc.

Yes, in fact Eagle Valley Elementary School, Eagle Mountain, Utah.
2020-1-1
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

My observations.

Just because the DJI App does not show any co-channel and adjacent channel activity does not mean there might not be strong interference as the DJI APP only shows WiFi activity.

I was test flying my Spark in my backyard when at about 20ft distant and 20ft up I started seeing poor signal messages. I then flew my Parrot Anafi and got the same issues. Both drones were on CH165 ( centre freq = 5825MHz).

I’m the worlds biggest geek and have a portable spectrum analyser so I set it up and right on 5825MHz was a large bandwidth digital signal. As it wasn't a bonafide WiFi signal neither the DJIGO or FreeFlight6 APP showed the activity. Both the 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz allocations are used for a multitude of Short Range Devices (SRD’s), not just WiFi but all manor of digital and analog systems that conform to the SRD License Exempt specifications. Also worth noting is just as some drone users try to boost their signals with crappy add-on amplifiers so do other uses of the SRD allocated spectrum.

Flyer be aware.

Nidge.
2020-1-1
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

2 things, make sure the smartphone you are using is in airplane mode  when you are flying, hold the controller so that it’s facing the direction of your mini also you can try those cheap boosters that slide over the controller antenna’s.. that was 3 things but whatever....
2020-1-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2019-12-31 21:56

Geebax, thanks for sharing this link.  Long read but very, very useful information.  
2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with your DJI Mavic Mini. With regards to the connectivity. I would recommend to please try to fly the drone in a different location with less interference like a power lines, radio towers and metals to isolate the issue. In addition, I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial video for the best practices when flying the drone. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-1-1
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2019-12-31 21:56

I guess "largely populated" is relative, to me this isn't a populated area that i was flying in, but i guess to others it could be. Largely Populated to me would mean an area with lots of buildings with multiple stories (at least more than 2) and a large amount of people.
That was a good read that you recommended though, thanks very helpful.
2020-1-1
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 2019-12-31 23:40
Hello, if you could upload your flight logs we could take a look and help give you a better idea of what happened and why.

(This does Apply to the mini as well)

Here is the log for that flight
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/PY2LMRA7K9WBKGUY66JQ
2020-1-1
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

DeepFriedOprah Posted at 1-1 14:27
Here is the log for that flight
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/PY2LMRA7K9WBKGUY66JQ

I can't be of much help here, the log is showing "Yaw mismatch error" and from googling the error it looks to be a compass issue caused by magnetic interference. Looking at the homepoint location I would take a guess the rebar in the sidewalk/driveway is one possible cause of interference but I can't tell where you launched from. Your development looks crowded and a wifi nightmare and that school near by isn't helping anything, take a look at this video and I would bet your issue is from wifi saturation.

2020-1-1
Use props
txsranger99
New
Flight distance : 20636 ft
United States

My MM seems be having a very similar issues. I looked through the flight logs and they shows many "downlink resotred" messages with either and autoland or RTH. Losses connection when im literally within arms reach of the drone. This is my first and only drone, not impressed so far.
2020-1-1
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 1-1 15:50
I can't be of much help here, the log is showing "Yaw mismatch error" and from googling the error it looks to be a compass issue caused by magnetic interference. Looking at the homepoint location I would take a guess the rebar in the sidewalk/driveway is one possible cause of interference but I can't tell where you launched from. Your development looks crowded and a wifi nightmare and that school near by isn't helping anything, take a look at this video and I would bet your issue is from wifi saturation.

I will give that video a watch, thanks.Reading through the comments of the video it appears that a lot of folks are having the same issue.  FYI sidewalk and driveways don't typically have rebar in the concrete so i doubt that is the source of the interference.
Maybe the Mvic Mini is only operable in remote areas without any buildings that could possibly have wifi.
2020-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules