Camera disconects mid flight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

I think im in need of a little bit of support or ideas from the mods on the forum.

i have been using my ipad mini 2 2nd generation with my phantm 3 pro for over a year now and since the last ios app update on the app my camera keeps disconecting

and cannot be reconected?

ive tried it on my iphone xr and the whole system works fine. No issues what so ever

Only problem is it disconected mid flight and the screen froze not allowing me to orientate the drone to get it home and the last resort was the return to home button. and mannaged to get it home safely?

so support ? is there a workaround or are you aware of any issues with the ios software working intermitantly on the ipad 2 mini? or ios in general
everything else is  up to date i.e the firmware and the controllers. just seems really weird that all the controls disconect too apart from the sticks and the gimble pitch up and down.
theres no other data comes from the software? Ie battery video or photograph everything is blank?

your thoughts please?

2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this issue. Are you encountering this issue when the wifi of the iPad Mini is off? I would recommend to try flying the drone in a different location and turn off the wifi to isolate the issue, Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-1
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 09:26
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this issue. Are you encountering this issue when the wifi of the iPad Mini is off? I would recommend to try flying the drone in a different location and turn off the wifi to isolate the issue, Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

I always fly with wi-fi off but today have tried on and off . no difference .The issue i have is its disconecting the camera mid flight which is absolutely no good. This issue has occured after the latest go app update. what worries me the most its happening during the flight so i have no control over the drone. So what else have you got support? this one you cant sweep under the carpet . as everything was fine before the update?What has location got to do with the camera disconecting? the controller has the green light on so they are conected but the software isntnt working only the camera up and down and the sticks
2020-1-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mockingbird_71 Posted at 1-1 10:17
I always fly with wi-fi off but today have tried on and off . no difference .The issue i have is its disconecting the camera mid flight which is absolutely no good. This issue has occured after the latest go app update. what worries me the most its happening during the flight so i have no control over the drone. So what else have you got support? this one you cant sweep under the carpet . as everything was fine before the update?What has location got to do with the camera disconecting? the controller has the green light on so they are conected but the software isntnt working only the camera up and down and the sticks

The iPad Mini 2 is a bit old now, and others have reported it has difficulty dealing with the DJI Go app. Over a number of app upgrades, the code has been getting a bit bloated and this *may* be your problem. You could try running the Litchi app instead, as it is a bit more code efficient.
2020-1-1
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 1-1 12:54
The iPad Mini 2 is a bit old now, and others have reported it has difficulty dealing with the DJI Go app. Over a number of app upgrades, the code has been getting a bit bloated and this *may* be your problem. You could try running the Litchi app instead, as it is a bit more code efficient.

tried the litchi app on the ipad and that is doing the same ! attached my iphone xr and works fine so maybe its the software updates from both dji and litchi that have pushed the ipad over the edge!. Puzzles me as to why a forum moderator would say try flying somewhere else? exactly what difference would that make
2020-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mockingbird_71 Posted at 1-2 02:05
tried the litchi app on the ipad and that is doing the same ! attached my iphone xr and works fine so maybe its the software updates from both dji and litchi that have pushed the ipad over the edge!. Puzzles me as to why a forum moderator would say try flying somewhere else? exactly what difference would that make

The forum moderators are not technical at all, they know a number of things to suggest and that's it.
2020-1-2
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 1-2 12:56
The forum moderators are not technical at all, they know a number of things to suggest and that's it.

spoke to tech this morning and they say the ipad 2 2nd gen although old is still ok to use with the phantom 3 pro? so will have to keep digging
2020-1-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Double check the versions of your controller and AC as reported by the Go app - be sure they are the current versions you think they are.  
2020-1-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mockingbird_71 Posted at 1-3 03:17
spoke to tech this morning and they say the ipad 2 2nd gen although old is still ok to use with the phantom 3 pro? so will have to keep digging

People were having trouble with the iPad Mini 2 some time back when the DJI software first began to get bloated, it may be the latest version has tipped it over the edge. I remember back when I bought my P3P I was thinking of getting one, but was convinced by others to get the iPad Air 2 because it was more powerful. The Air 2 has never given me an ounce of grief.
2020-1-3
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-3 05:02
Double check the versions of your controller and AC as reported by the Go app - be sure they are the current versions you think they are.

everything with the phantom 3 and the controller is in order ! the firmware and the controller have been curent for 6 months + and has only hit problems since this latest update. an added problem is that litchi does exactly the same so summising that all the software uses some kind of shared library to conect to the phantom 3 . I tried the iphone xr last night and worked perfectly. DJI support state that the ipad 2, 2nd gen should work fine ? but it doesnt since the last update of the go app as the go 4 app doesnt work with the phantom 3 pro. i will contact stephen at support again and go through all the issues with him and see if we can work out a solution. shame i cant back track to the previous version.
2020-1-4
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Still waiting for your tech dept to get back to me a week on ! the ipad is confirmed on the supported devices list so its obvious the application is the issue.

im waiting to see what happens with this at which point i will decide if i will be buying any more DJI products?
2020-1-12
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So last night i chose to try an older ipad i have with the drone and an older version of the go app and it worked fine unfortunatley its a 10 inch ipad so its a bit hefty to carry !
so DJI does any one of you admin or support staff who frequent the forum have any idea why the go app doesnt now work with a supported ipad mini 2nd generation?
This is the dji forum yes? seems awfully quiet in here ?
2020-1-13
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Further assistance would be great if you care to help
2020-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules