Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Controller not connecting to iPhone - Wrong Connector
1978 3 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flyboy101
lvl.1

United States

Got this Mavic Mini for Christmas.  I set it up with iPhone and Ipad. First flight could not lock onto GPS. Had it on for 40 minutes and still no lock onto GPS. On second day of use I could not get iPhone or iPad to communicate with controller. Manual mode with controller works with drone. I work on aircraft simulators for  10 years. I am electronic Eng/Tech. I know connectors.  Next day I look at the three short cables that was furnish with unit. Notice that iPhone has different plug compare to the other two cables that plugs into the controller. iPhone cable has the pins overlay to the edge and other two cables has no overlay(photos). On top of connectors(where to locking pins are located), most mfgs will mark them to indentfied was type of connector it is. There is two indents between the locking pins. The iPhone cable indent is spread apart more compare to the other two cables.  I believe what happen is that when I plug this cable in, that it did connect onto the controller female plug, but in the process it damage the controller plug. Then when I pull the plug out, the connection then open and when plug was push in again, the connector pins were damage on controller side.  I notice how hard to to push connector in the first time. Here pictures of the connectors and the controller. I hope this will help others out there.  These connectors need to be in spec. You cannot be out tolerence on these small connectors.  
2020-1-1
Use props
Flyboy101
lvl.1

United States

2020-1-1
Use props
Flyboy101
lvl.1

United States

2020-1-1
Use props
Flyboy101
lvl.1

United States

The photo show three cables that our furnish with Mavic Mini and maybe other models too??  The Center is the iPhone. See the pins are coming out to the edge.   The Second photo shows the locking pins side and the indents. The bottom is iPhone. Its spread more apart then the other two. Mfgs make these markings to identified the connector.   
2020-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules