Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do you cache offline maps using the the Fly app?
19955 9 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lifeisfun
Second Officer
Canada

Can someone please enlighten me how you can cache offline maps if there is no data connection available where you fly?

Thanks
2020-1-1
Use props
Spark_Pilot_XxXx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67841 ft
Germany

I have downloaded a map from Google Maps.
2020-1-1
Use props
lifeisfun
Second Officer
Canada

Spark_Pilot_XxXx Posted at 1-1 06:50
I have downloaded a map from Google Maps.

So you just downloaded that region in Google maps and it shows in the Fly app?
2020-1-1
Use props
Spark_Pilot_XxXx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67841 ft
Germany

Yes, easy isnt it?
2020-1-1
Use props
lifeisfun
Second Officer
Canada

If it works it sure would be easy, have to try that
Thanks
2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hii. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. You will need to be connected to the internet like a wifi or data and navigate the map to the area you are gonna fly the drone to cache it. Hope this helps. if you have further concern or inquiry please feel to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.
2020-1-1
Use props
cLaNzKiLLeR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1360007 ft
Malaysia

i know is abit too late (months) lol but just to share and hope others who are searching for it could find the answer here.
2020-6-26
Use props
Ralle
First Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

cLaNzKiLLeR Posted at 6-26 11:12
i know is abit too late (months) lol but just to share and hope others who are searching for it could find the answer here.https://youtu.be/e2n-YI2mui8

2020-6-26
Use props
djiuser_EGy584We3jq9
New

United States

I have been trying to cache a map using the Dji go 4 app but it keeps telling me to check network connection..I am using my phone as a hotspot and trying to cache on my tablet. Any insights would be appreciated..Thanks
2021-1-8
Use props
High View
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122113 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-1-1 08:47
Hii. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. You will need to be connected to the internet like a wifi or data and navigate the map to the area you are gonna fly the drone to cache it. Hope this helps. if you have further concern or inquiry please feel to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.

Just bought Air 2s with smart controller.  I am planning a long RV trip across/around the US.  Can I cache maps for different areas, name them and load them when in that remote area (no wifi/cell towers)?

If so, please describe process.
Thanks
2021-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules