DJI Fly APP on big screen device?
3240 5 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

I just watched a video about the video editing features of the DJI FLY app. I was somewhat aware of it from the GO FLY app for the Spark, but really it is just very very impressive. However, the small screen of a smart phone just does not do credit to the abilities of the software.  I am wondering if it could be made to run on a Windows PC? I guess another option would be to run it on a supported tablet, but I really, really do not like apple devices and do not know of an Android tablet of any substantial size.  Would anyone care to point out practical options?
Thanks,
John
2020-1-1
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

I just ordered a Samsung Android Tablet for about $130 from Amazon - it might be just the thing.
2020-1-6
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

JohnK48 Posted at 1-6 15:23
I just ordered a Samsung Android Tablet for about $130 from Amazon - it might be just the thing.

Note that this "big screen device" has an 8 inch screen (well, that is big compared to my current phone) and for $130 what do you expect.  Of course this will require purchasing other accessories like a mounting bracket and a longer chord to plug into the RC, and maybe a bag, and …
2020-1-6
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

In case anyone is paying attention, I have the tablet and it works very well.  Of course the weather has not been cooperating, so I have not used it outside yet. But, I look forward to using it before too long.
2020-1-13
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

The guy who recommended the tablet has a pretty fool proof way to determine what is able to be used by the DJI Fly app.  I'll ask him for the list of parameters.  Hopefully it will not be too long till one of those parameter restrictions is removed (does not work with Android 10 OS).
2020-1-13
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

JohnK48 Posted at 1-13 10:26
The guy who recommended the tablet has a pretty fool proof way to determine what is able to be used by the DJI Fly app.  I'll ask him for the list of parameters.  Hopefully it will not be too long till one of those parameter restrictions is removed (does not work with Android 10 OS).

Cast from the phone to a bigger screen. Works great.
2020-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules